Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #23241
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
People and their smartphones ruined movies at the theater for me so good riddance. Just do simultaneous release theater/streaming and let people choose.
That's not good business for studios, unless you want <$100M movies made all the time.

The exception, of course, would be if they get stupid upfront cash from these premium subscription services, like Netflix just did for the future Knives Out sequels. But then theaters lose out.

The best way is to let home viewers lose out for a short period of time, like we've always done. Personally, I miss the days of movies releasing on home video 5-6 months after its theatrical release, and being on digital the same day as disc.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2021, 05:18 PM   #23242
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not worrying about theaters losing out, I see them as a relic. It is like saying don't use Netflix because Blockbuster might go under.

Plus, while I understand forcefully arguing on your behalf, theaters chain owners have always sound entitled to me.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #23243
All Star

OVR: 13

I don't ever plan on going back to the theaters and it has nothing to do with COVID. Every time I went to the theater, I was immediately reminded of why I had more-or-less stopped going. People talking, being on their phones, shoving the back of your seat, etc. etc. etc. The whole experience is sub-par and not worth the time/money. It also doesn't help that there is never anything I want to see in the theater anyway (I don't like comic book movies so I'm pretty much SOL).

Besides, my home movie setup is as good or better than anything in the theaters. And I can watch a movie without wearing pants, which you can't do in a theater (without a visit from the authorities...)!!!
Old 04-12-2021, 11:50 PM   #23244
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

This movie theater near me has too good of food for me to say I will never go back. Alamo Draft House in Winchester, Virginia has an amazing Asian Pizza. Plus, any movie theater that brings me my unlimited popcorn without me having to miss any of the movie is a winner.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Operation Sports mobile app

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 04-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #23245
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 05:41 PM   #23246
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
that's a great bit, but I also bet it's a gear-grinder for Yankees haters, albeit different reasons. this is literally one of a couple moments that led to the Yankees winning 4 championships in 5 years. yeah, it was a nice extra to have Torre, Jeter, Mariano & company, but the glue that kept it all sticky wasn't Big Stein, it was little Georgey

A Work in Progress
Old 04-24-2021, 10:05 PM   #23247
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This guy has a gear to grind dealing with customer service working in retail. It's pretty funny too.

Throws around the s-word a couple of times so I guess NSFW:

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-24-2021, 11:54 PM   #23248

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This guy has a gear to grind dealing with customer service working in retail. It's pretty funny too.

Throws around the s-word a couple of times so I guess NSFW:

Too many things about retail leads to gear grinders.

I wasn't even an employee, but recently had a gear grinding incident with someone (aka the stereotypical "Karen").

I was shopping for groceries, had to check something relating to my list on my phone (I don't have a physical list, or can remember what I need, so I have the list on my phone), so I pulled aside in an aisle, near to some part of the aisle nobody is in. Who knows how long later, some women angrily walks up to me from behind and is like "ARE YOU BUYING ANYTHING OR WHAT?!", aka wanting me to move so she could get something from that shelf.

Never fails though (having someone needing to go to a section of the store I might be standing by. I've had moments in the past where I've stood by an empty shelf in an aisle with no customers, and some customer came into the aisle, basically waiting for me to move, so they can get a closer look at the empty shelf).

Part of it is my fault for shopping early in the morning (aka when the store is mainly filled with older people, I'm legitimately the youngest customer every time I go shopping), but still, people just don't have decency to simply be like "excuse me, can I pass through here to get this item"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »