Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2018, 04:14 PM   #20569
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

US gets a lot of good ideas for tv from UK. Sanford and Son originated from UK. We should really return the favor and let them remake Seinfeld. I'd buy that for a dollar

A Work in Progress
Old 04-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #20570
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
US gets a lot of good ideas for tv from UK. Sanford and Son originated from UK. We should really return the favor and let them remake Seinfeld. I'd buy that for a dollar
The British have produced 6 or 7 of the best comedies of all time but they would botch a Seinfeld remake so hard, that’s untouchable. They should stick to doing what they do best which is original content despite the fact they haven’t produced anything great in about a decade.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #20571

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Talking about scams...had to speak with an 87 year old man who was scammed out of $70k

Broke my heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
There's a special place in hell for people like that
Sad part, it happens too often and doesn't seem to be addressed in the way it should. They acknowledge on news that these people exist and there's way to report them, but doesn't seem to be effective at all.

These people calling with those threats of arresting someone or worse, pretending to be a certain organization. Sure, many people know how to handle that, but when it comes to older people, they're just left too be easily targeted.

That's why regular sales people like from a phone company or clothes donation are fine with their calls, but anything bad that happens to these types of people, they deserve it. There's a difference between doing your job and just being a horrible person.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #20572

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Older people are probably the only ones responding to those emails saying that their account is going to be shut down if they don't respond with their "information." Even I do a double take on those ones sometimes. And they are always the ones who fall for those "Facebook is gonna start charging you to use the service" memes.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #20573
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Older people are probably the only ones responding to those emails saying that their account is going to be shut down if they don't respond with their "information." Even I do a double take on those ones sometimes. And they are always the ones who fall for those "Facebook is gonna start charging you to use the service" memes.
Sadly no, I've got people my age (33) and younger who consistently fall for every FB hoax.

Never underestimate the ignorance of humans.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #20574
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Fortunately, lots of people that age are totally technologically illiterate and don't use email. The problem would be much worse if every old fogie were online.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:56 PM   #20575
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Never really warmed up to the UK version of The Office. Steve Carrell >>> Ricky Gervais for me.
I tried to watch it but I couldn't understand most of what the characters were saying. The accents were thick and they spoke too fast.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 12:00 AM   #20576

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I tried to watch it but I couldn't understand most of what the characters were saying. The accents were thick and they spoke too fast.
Yea, I'm with you. I gave it a fair shot (much longer than I wanted to) but couldn't get into it at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »