Home

So what's the weather like where you live?

This is a discussion on So what's the weather like where you live? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #3969
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: So what's the weather like where you live?

I cleared the branches on the wire with a broom to lessen the load. It's small branches that were touching the wire. If a branch breaks, hopefully it will not be attached by ice and not take out the power.

I used an old broom stick as a cane and used a plastic rack to knock the ice off the tree. Not bad for someone in my condition.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #3970
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

It's 60 and raining with a high of 73. My allergies are killing me right now.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #3971
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

A news station here in Minneapolis is debuting a "Weather Watcher" tower on top of its building downtown. It will be part of the skyline, you'll apparently be able to see it from 15 miles away on a clear night. If the ball at the top glows blue, the temp is going to be going down. If it glows red, the temp is going up. If it glows green, some form of precipitation (rain, snow, sleet) is coming. And if it glows white, the conditions will remain the same as they currently are.

Kind of a cool idea. I'd imagine it will be kind of handy when you're doing stuff downtown.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 12-22-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: grammar fail
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #3972
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It was f'ing 80 today...or close to it.

It's also 77 degress in my house. I don't want to run the AC on 12/22...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #3973
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
A news station here in Minneapolis is debuting a "Weather Watcher" tower on top of its building downtown. It will be part of the skyline, you'll apparently be able to see it from 15 miles away on a clear night. If the ball at the top glows blue, the temp is going to be going down. If it glows red, the temp is going up. If it glows green, some form of precipitation (rain, snow, sleet) is coming. And if it glows white, the conditions will remain the same as they currently are.

Kind of a cool idea. I'd imagine it will be kind of handy when you're doing stuff downtown.
Des Moines used to have a weather beacon like that until they shut it down.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #3974

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Ice storm in Toronto. We still have power. Hopefully, everyone in the area will be safe. 250,000 people without power.
Ya, fortunately for me it wasn't out for too long. Sucks how this storm might ruin a Christmas tradition of mines due to roads being horrible and lots of areas not having power. But crazy to hear how there might be abunch of people in the area who won't have power for Christmas! The ice was crazy. EVERYTHING was covered in ice, all trees,cars,anything imaginable outside was covered in ice. It was like out of a movie or something. So many trees broke because it was covered in ice so much that there was either too much weight on the tree, or the ice would crack and the tree would crack/split from it too.

Toronto weather has been CRAZY. First the huge floods in the city during the summer and now this! Weather for sure getting real intense, don't remember last time I've seen this many big weather news stories in Toronto for a single year.

Last edited by Majingir; 12-23-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #3975
Rookie

jerkfactory's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Ya, fortunately for me it wasn't out for too long. Sucks how this storm might ruin a Christmas tradition of mines due to roads being horrible and lots of areas not having power. But crazy to hear how there might be abunch of people in the area who won't have power for Christmas! The ice was crazy. EVERYTHING was covered in ice, all trees,cars,anything imaginable outside was covered in ice. It was like out of a movie or something. So many trees broke because it was covered in ice so much that there was either too much weight on the tree, or the ice would crack and the tree would crack/split from it too.

Toronto weather has been CRAZY. First the huge floods in the city during the summer and now this! Weather for sure getting real intense, don't remember last time I've seen this many big weather news stories in Toronto for a single year.

I know what you mean, Toronto's weather has been insane. My car was encased in a block of ice yesterday and half of my street was out with chainsaws cutting up downed trees. I was lucky enough that I only lost power for 5 hours overnight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #3976
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Speaking of crazy weather, it's like June over here. 68 degrees with a chance of thunderstorms today. Currently 57 degrees and pouring rain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »