Home

And just like that, McDonald's just lost one, if not millions of customers

This is a discussion on And just like that, McDonald's just lost one, if not millions of customers within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: And just like that, McDonald's just lost one, if not millions of customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Okay, then I ask you guys... where is the line that's crossed where it does matter? 21 cents? 22? 30? 50? A dollar? You're telling me that it's "just twenty cents," but obviously there is some point where you guys would say that it's too much, no?

I think it's more of the fact that it just even sounds much more expensive. Hell, even for 30 cents more, $1.29 and $1.59 don't sound much different. But $0.99 and $1.19 do. Plus, now if I have to pay $3.64 each time, that means I need to find two more quarters or I end up paying another dollar bill, leaving myself with more change than I would want to have to deal with. I'd rather be stuck with the dollar bills.

Finally, there's the competitive matter. Milk is rather necessary (however I don't drink it plain, and you're right that I would rather just go off with water). Burgers are not only necessary, but again, right across the street for like five cents more is a much better tasting burger at Jack In the Box. People will flock elsewhere when they realize they are fairly able to compare burgers because the prices are nearly identical.

It's like how I take advantage of Little Caesar's pizza all the time because it's $5.39 ($4.99 + tax). Well, if they decided to raise their price 20% from what it was before, which is a dollar, then I would stop going there. I would go to Costco, Woodstock's, Dominoes, or I would forget pizza and go to In-N-Out (which is a bit further away, but a better bang for my buck IMO).

I go to where I can get the best value, and McDonald's is no longer that place. I'm sure a few other people would agree and understand, and that is why they lost me. It's not just the twenty cents of an increase.

EDIT: However, I will say that every cent counts. Last year I saved all of my change in a jar. I went to CoinStar and dumped it all in, and after they took away however much percent, I got $123. Yes, that's including the pennies I had. I believe it was Little Caesar's where I went in with $5.40 (quarter, dime, nickel) and they asked if I wanted my penny. In my head, I was like, "**** yes, *****, give me my penny!" and on the outside I was not much different, asking, "Do you want my nickel?" She gave it to me after that. Every penny counts.
the point that it matters is the point in which I don't buy it anymore. A double cheeseburger from McDonalds, Wendys or wherever isn't a necessity and the moment it becomes "overpriced" then I don't buy.

I agree that every penny counts. But you chose to buy the double cheeseburgers anyways despite the fact that you're upset that they raised the price. You chose to forgo the fries for the burgers. Thats what people will do to compensate for the increase. Maybe they only buy one instead of two, or they don't buy fries, or they buy something else. I highly doubt that McDonalds will see a customer loss that will impact their profit margin.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #26
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Wait until you guys have to buy real food, and shop for an entire family, and then come here and ***** about food costs. With a gallon of orange juice going up to over six bucks, milk rising annually, eggs now costing two and a half bucks a carton (and those aren't even free range eggs), those are real and significant increases.

Do you really think those wholesale cost increases won't affect your dollar menu crap, and only hit my bi-monthly grocery bill? I'm not here complaining about how my ribeye steak at a restaurant is now five dollars more expensive, as I see that increase reflected on my own beef purchases.

Either you guys are ignorant, cheap, self serving, or a combination of all three.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

Oh and milk is far from a necessity.
You can't be serious.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
Wait until you guys have to buy real food, and shop for an entire family, and then come here and ***** about food costs. With a gallon of orange juice going up to over six bucks, milk rising annually, eggs now costing two and a half bucks a carton (and those aren't even free range eggs), those are real and significant increases.

Do you really think those wholesale cost increases won't affect your dollar menu crap, and only hit my bi-monthly grocery bill? I'm not here complaining about how my ribeye steak at a restaurant is now five dollars more expensive, as I see that increase reflected on my own beef purchases.

Either you guys are ignorant, cheap, self serving, or a combination of all three.
agreed. I'm the only person in my home and my grocery bill keeps slowly increasing. Milk, eggs, bread, fruits and veretables. It seems everything thats a necessity is slowly raising. Its ridiculous.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #29
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

It's times like these that I appreciate the fact that I can shop at the commissary on base.

Bread for a $1.50 a loaf.

Milk for $2.75 a gallon.

A dozen eggs for $1.00.

A pound of ground beef for $2.50.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #30
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You can't be serious.
I'd agree with that statement.

I can't remember the last time I've 'needed' milk. I don't normally drink it alone, never use it in cereal, don't make anything with milk as an ingredient..
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 12-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #31
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
I'd agree with that statement.

I can't remember the last time I've 'needed' milk. I don't normally drink it alone, never use it in cereal, don't make anything with milk as an ingredient..
Get married....have kids.

You'll go through milk like it's water.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #32
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Get married....have kids.

You'll go through milk like it's water.
LOL, you're dead on here. We drink about 3 gallons of milk a week in my house.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »