Home

Do you floss your teeth?

This is a discussion on Do you floss your teeth? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How often do you floss your teeth?
Everyday 15 18.75%
most days (at least 3-5 times per week) 12 15.00%
a few times per week 20 25.00%
never 33 41.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Do you floss your teeth?

3-5 times a week. Usually before a date or something. Enough to my guns stay strong and won't bleed when I do.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

They make these little flossing tools now that are much easier to use that the old spool thing.

They work well and make it easier.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I disagree about the flossing tools but then I'm used to doing it the regular way. Your dental hygienist is right, flossing is huge when it comes to healthy teeth and gums. I floss 6 times a week, I usually forget to do it when I drink beer on Fridays.

I can't imagine not flossing, it's disgusting when you realize how much stuff gets stuck in your teeth that would stay there for a long time if you only brushed.

P.S. - If you find it difficult to do, it does get easier with practice I can assure you. It was very difficult for me a few years ago but now I can do it very easily. So keep at it, it's worth it man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

I can't imagine not flossing, it's disgusting when you realize how much stuff gets stuck in your teeth that would stay there for a long time if you only brushed.
eww. the other day I was looking at my teeth and saw this almost black hole on my gum line. I reached to touch it thinking it was some sort of cavity. it ended up being some sort of sharp food particle (like a popcorn kernel or something) that had knifed its way into my gum and had been there for god knows how long.

Everyone go floss right now lol
Old 11-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #13
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I do for about 2 weeks after I go to the dentist because they make me feel guilty, then I stop.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

fishepa, i used to be that way too, but then one time i just had to keep doing it when i realized...well read Maxattax3's post...heh
Old 11-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
fishepa, i used to be that way too, but then one time i just had to keep doing it when i realized...well read Maxattax3's post...heh
My aunt once told me to take a toothpick, scrape underneath your fingernails, and spread it under a microscope, for once I look at it, I'll never bite my fingernails again. Needless to say, a microscope hasn't been handy since then, but I wonder if that would really stop by subconscious habits altogether.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Every night before bed, even though at times I don't want to do it. It's best to do it at night as overnight is when plaque builds up the most according to my dental hygienist.

I neglected it at times throughout my life, but now I can't imagine not doing it every night. It is disgusting when plaque builds up in your mouth. It also makes the 6 month cleaning less painful.

I have a long Ripken like streak going. Can't remember the last time I missed flossing, may have been the Halloween before last when me and wife got really lit. Woke up the next morning not knowing what happened and realized I didn't floss. Had a long streak going before that night as well so I am dependable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »