Home

Thinking about getting a dog

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting a dog within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #25
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Thinking about getting a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm a "pansy lap dog" owner so I think this is where I exit the thread...

I love my little girl! All 6.5 lbs of her!
Why exit?...IMO...any dog is a great dog!

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

I've been wanting to get a dog for months now. I even have the money saved up to buy one. My house has been getting an extension on it and been going through all the legal crap on rather or not it could be done so I've had to wait for it to get finish cause I don't want a dog around while construction is goin on. House will be complete by end of October and then I will be buying my dog. I want a Siberian Huskie so bad.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #27
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm a "pansy lap dog" owner so I think this is where I exit the thread...

I love my little girl! All 6.5 lbs of her!
LOL I wasn't a fan of them til my gf got one. A shih tzu. Nice dog and nice breed. It was high maintenance that 1st year though. We never went anywhere without Max.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #28
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I think I am going to adopt this time around. We went to the Humane society and saw some really great dogs. Was going to go back today and pick one but the ones I wanted have been adopted.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #29
Rookie

AlanKinNA's Arena

OVR: 0

I know what you did mean by saying "I'm thinking..." and I'm not trying to sound all poofed up. A dog, though, being a creature, will be more "yours" if you have a need for him/her. So, if in y'r heart you feel some kind of emotional attachment for the critter, that's your sign. The breed, yes, there are characteristics of certain breeds, but most dogs can sit, stay, fetch, and play.

nuff said.

Woof.

bow

bye.

ALan
Old 10-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Anyone looking for a dog, Kill two birds with one stone... Get one at your local Humane Society or shelter.. What we did to pick up our dog was fun and at the same helped out the local humane society.. Here's our story and I won't make it long

In 1991 we had a black lab given to us. She was a year old.. Long story short great dog but had to put her down at 13 years due to health problems. About 1 year after our Sadie had passed we wanted to give it another go... So a great site to go to is P-e-t-f-i-n-d-e-r-.-c-o-m. On that site we saw many great dogs. But the best part of the site is you put in your zip code and it will find animals from all the rescue places, human society, and breed specific places. Once we found the local place we wanted to visit, We started to volunteer and get to know the staff, I would go walk dogs, Help take dogs to the adoption days at our local Petsmart, and donate bags of food everytime. One of the best things was to get to know the staff.. They would call us at home when they got a dog that was very nice, Good with other animals, and good with kids.. They looked out for us. So one day we got a call and went down as it was a lab mix.. We really liked the dog. So took off and thought about it.. Well during that time, Someone adopted it.. So we told the workers we would just continue to stop by.. The best advice Sparky " yes the nickname of the woman in Charge" gave us is just come in and you'll know.. Don't just look at the cute ones, or the small ones.. Give all of them a shot...

So one morning we went to the place and the reception desk. We said we will be looking at dogs.. On our way down the hall there was a dog in the cage because she was just so hyper and would get all the other dogs rowled up LOL.. Bet the telling sign is we looked at her and she looked us straight in the eyes and wouldn't stop staring at us... We said this was the one.. Sparky said she is what you are looking for but hyper.. She asked if we wanted to take her out. Of course we did and there she went.. Running around crazy and fast and had all the dogs chasing her.. SHE WOULDN't stop LOL.. Long story short 100.00 later we got Lucy whom is a beagle spaniel mix.. And she was fixed... 8 years later she has been a great dog and loves EVERYONE.. She see's someone walking, She starts her crying and has to stop and say hello.

Go give a shelter a call and volunteer. You will know when you see your future dog. Donate even a bag of food here and their.. Those shelters work hard and are often over populated.. Get to know the staff and they will take care of you.. Since we have moved from Florida to Maine and it's been 3 years. Once a month we will send them a little check to this day and keep in contact with Sparky

PS- Mods, If you can link up that site it would be great.. It would help out any persons looking for a dog/cat or other.. If I can't have the spaced out site, Let me know and I will delete that portion of it

Last edited by TIm; 10-14-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Asking Mod

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »