Home

OS Cars Thread

This is a discussion on OS Cars Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #1249
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: OS Cars Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I finally upgraded my 2009 Kia Optima for a 2020 Subaru WRX (Premium trim) this weekend. Very fun so far! I was a little worried since I had very little experience driving manual before buying it, but it has been pretty easy for the most part! Very fun to drive!
Welcome to the club! I still love my 2017 Premium.

It's a great community, too. I don't post or lurk on the nasioc forums much, but I remember it being friendly and tons of info to share. Reddit seems to work just as well for me, though.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:27 PM   #1250
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
I finally upgraded my 2009 Kia Optima for a 2020 Subaru WRX (Premium trim) this weekend. Very fun so far! I was a little worried since I had very little experience driving manual before buying it, but it has been pretty easy for the most part! Very fun to drive!
+1 for #savethemanuals

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-07-2020, 11:32 PM   #1251
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Have fun with it and check your oil regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2020, 10:36 PM   #1252
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm looking to sell my 2008 Audi A4 (125,000 miles and the check engine light is on- thinking it could be a diverter valve issue) for something more reliable / less likely to break on me. I need something with AWD or is reliable in snow (I work for the state traveling to different health centers and rehab centers to visit patients as well as going to clinical 4x a week for school where we don't have snow days, so we're expected to show up whenever and wherever). I'm looking into a used Subaru WRX, but I have virtually no experience driving a manual car as a daily driver. I took one on-road manual driving lesson a couple of years ago and I thought it wasn't too bad actually. I've also thought of the Subaru Legacy (reliable, relatively cheap), Mazda, and Toyota.

What would you guys recommend for a reliable, relatively cheap car that's preferably good in the snow that won't ruin my wallet with the price and/or mileage?
Old 01-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #1253
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Mark 7 GTI. Model year 2016 or 2017 preferably if you're looking for used. Great mileage with stock tune and high efficiency tires. Versatile. Just a great car all around. Is available with a DCT.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by BatsareBugs; 01-10-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #1254
All Star

I've had my 440 for right at 4 months now, and man I love this car. I havent enjoyed driving a car since the 95 z28 Camaro that I had as a teen in the early 2000s. Being back in a manual makes all the difference in the world.

I love the aggressive sound that the pipes make every morning when I crank her up.

The engine and gear ratios create a very smooth and fun power curve.

Heads up display is the greatest thing ever. I really miss it when I drive my wife's car.

My only complaints are:
Even though it is winter I find myself missing ventilated seats from my old Kia.

I really wish that the car had android auto. I love the integrated navigation into the heads up display, but that uses BMW's navigation system. I dont know if apple car play users can get their maps through the HUD, but this is one feature I really wish that I had. And in general just all of the other nice features that with phone OS integration. I have noticed that streaming music via blutooth does not have the same audio quality. I have to turn the speakers to near max to get a good sound.

Oh and the turning radius sucks which makes small parking lots a bit of a pain

Old 03-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #1255
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
I'm looking to sell my 2008 Audi A4 (125,000 miles and the check engine light is on- thinking it could be a diverter valve issue) for something more reliable / less likely to break on me. I need something with AWD or is reliable in snow (I work for the state traveling to different health centers and rehab centers to visit patients as well as going to clinical 4x a week for school where we don't have snow days, so we're expected to show up whenever and wherever). I'm looking into a used Subaru WRX, but I have virtually no experience driving a manual car as a daily driver. I took one on-road manual driving lesson a couple of years ago and I thought it wasn't too bad actually. I've also thought of the Subaru Legacy (reliable, relatively cheap), Mazda, and Toyota.

What would you guys recommend for a reliable, relatively cheap car that's preferably good in the snow that won't ruin my wallet with the price and/or mileage?
I suppose the answer is the universally-hated "it depends". I think it would help narrow it down if you could more specifically define:

- What price range are you looking to stay in? (relatively cheap is, as you correctly note, relative....)
- Preferred type of car/truck? 4-door sedan? Coupe? Small SUV?
- Any other deal-breakers/makers?

You mentioned AWD, decent in the snow, relatively cheap...for opening bids, Subaru Crosstrek or Jeep Renegade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I've had my 440 for right at 4 months now, and man I love this car. I havent enjoyed driving a car since the 95 z28 Camaro that I had as a teen in the early 2000s. Being back in a manual makes all the difference in the world.

I love the aggressive sound that the pipes make every morning when I crank her up.
You mean the aggressive sound the radio makes and pipes in through your stereo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 07:42 AM   #1256
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I suppose the answer is the universally-hated "it depends". I think it would help narrow it down if you could more specifically define:

- What price range are you looking to stay in? (relatively cheap is, as you correctly note, relative....)
- Preferred type of car/truck? 4-door sedan? Coupe? Small SUV?
- Any other deal-breakers/makers?

You mentioned AWD, decent in the snow, relatively cheap...for opening bids, Subaru Crosstrek or Jeep Renegade?

You mean the aggressive sound the radio makes and pipes in through your stereo?
Lol I know it is just an amplification of they actual sound, but actually even standing outside the car it sounds good. I know that was a big complaint for years so I think car manufacturers have toned down how much artificial sound they do on pipes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »