Home

ODogg's Love Life Thread

This is a discussion on ODogg's Love Life Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #265
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: ODogg's Love Life Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Guys are "friends" with girls for two reasons.

1. They are not attractive to you
2. You want more, but they want to be friends

I would never go anywhere or do anything with another female. Would never give my # to another women etc. Say what you want, but it is playing with fire. An emotional relationship is not "thinking" about being with another person. It is talking to them about your significant other. Telling them things you would not tell your significant other. Telling them things about your relationship that you SHOULD be telling your partner. It's opening up a lot of potential problems, so best is not to do it at all.
You make it sound like a relationship equals social prison. Which I guess it can be but F that! Who says having another friend means you unload to them about your girl?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #266
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Guys are "friends" with girls for two reasons.

1. They are not attractive to you
2. You want more, but they want to be friends

I would never go anywhere or do anything with another female. Would never give my # to another women etc. Say what you want, but it is playing with fire. An emotional relationship is not "thinking" about being with another person. It is talking to them about your significant other. Telling them things you would not tell your significant other. Telling them things about your relationship that you SHOULD be telling your partner. It's opening up a lot of potential problems, so best is not to do it at all.
LOL...couldnt be more wrong. Both of my friends are really attractive. Would I sleep with them if I was single? Yes, but I would sleep with most women if I was single. The second one doesnt work either. If I or they wanted more, we would have difficulty being just friends. I'm just a different kind of guy, I guess. I can be friends with a female and not worry somethings gonna happen with them.

Also you are arguing the wrong point. I never said I would be getting numbers from girls I just met if I'm in a relationship. Thats completely different. I'm talking about friends you've had before you met your wife. Maybe you didnt have any close female friends before your wife.

Also, I dont know many married men who dont talk to their male friends about things they wouldnt tell their wives. I guess I dont see the difference in sharing my problems with any of my close friends, male or female.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #267
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I agree with Heelfan71 for the most part. Like I said, I don't think that if one of my female friends from High School wanted to have lunch my girlfriend would not have much of a problem with it. However, if I meet some new chick at the gym and chat with her a few times then ask her to lunch, that would be a problem.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #268
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I agree with Heelfan71 for the most part. Like I said, I don't think that if one of my female friends from High School wanted to have lunch my girlfriend would not have much of a problem with it. However, if I meet some new chick at the gym and chat with her a few times then ask her to lunch, that would be a problem.
I'm so confused guys. When was I ever talking about new people?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #269
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I think if the its a mutual friend there shouldn't be an issue. If your girlfriend has met said female friend and they get along there shouldn't be a problem. Like someone else said if your going to cheat or your lady is going to cheat they are going to no matter what.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #270
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm so confused guys. When was I ever talking about new people?
I didn't say you were. I was kind of agreeing with you actually. You've had your female friends for years so, I don't think your girlfriend should see them as much of a threat. If you haven't banged it out by now, you're probably not going too.
Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #271
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm usually very forward and upfront. Before I was married, I made it perfectly clear why I was their friend or whatever. Whether it was for my own personal interests or not. Needless to say, many women thought I was an *******. But it kept me outta trouble for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #272
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I'm usually very forward and upfront. Before I was married, I made it perfectly clear why I was their friend or whatever. Whether it was for my own personal interests or not. Needless to say, many women thought I was an *******. But it kept me outta trouble for the most part.
Doesnt 'for the most part' make it all pointless anyways?

Just call me Sanchez

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »