Home

Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #25
Rookie for life...

Wasted Penguins's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Where is a good place to get an engagement ring at??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Can any of you guys out there who have some experience in the proposal/engagement dept. give me some pointers on where to go to get my girlfriend an engagement ring? I went to Kaye's Jewelry tonight in the mall and it seemed pretty kosher and all but then got home and googled them when I got home tonight and all I see are reviews trashing them.

Any suggestions?
Congrats bro!

I got my fiancées at Ashcroft and Oak. Exceptional customer service. Won't go anywhere else for any jewelry now!

http://www.ashcroftandoak.com/
Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Cavs
Cleveland Browns
Columbus Bluejackets
The Ohio State University Buckeyes
The Youngstown State University Penguins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 AM   #26
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Get you diamond at Blue Nile... best price and quality around. As for the actual ring, you can get a decent one any where.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #27
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Can any of you guys out there who have some experience in the proposal/engagement dept. give me some pointers on where to go to get my girlfriend an engagement ring? I went to Kaye's Jewelry tonight in the mall and it seemed pretty kosher and all but then got home and googled them when I got home tonight and all I see are reviews trashing them.

Any suggestions?
I haven't read this whole thread, but I just wanted to suggest a local jeweler. And no price is set in stone, don't be afraid to haggle.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #28
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Stay away from the chain stores. Their markup is outrageous, even when you are getting 60% off.

Someone recomended the jewlery exchange. Most big cities have places like this. They deal in high volume and you can usually find a good deal.

Also, someone recomended bluenile.com. Another good place. Their reviews are very high. My brother went through them and was completely satisfied.

Also, check Sam's Club or Costco. They sell only higher quality diamonds and you pay very little markup compared to a Kay or Jared. You probably won't find much at a Sam's or Costco smaller than a carat, but you will pay 20-30% lower than the other major retail chains.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #29
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Stay away from the chain stores. Their markup is outrageous, even when you are getting 60% off.

Someone recomended the jewlery exchange. Most big cities have places like this. They deal in high volume and you can usually find a good deal.

Also, someone recomended bluenile.com. Another good place. Their reviews are very high. My brother went through them and was completely satisfied.

Also, check Sam's Club or Costco. They sell only higher quality diamonds and you pay very little markup compared to a Kay or Jared. You probably won't find much at a Sam's or Costco smaller than a carat, but you will pay 20-30% lower than the other major retail chains.
Yeah, my girlfriend has a crazy friend who is very picky with rings and that girl would flip if someone went to the mall. They're not horrible, but you can find places elsewhere where you can get a better deal. I think crazy girl creates rings at the Shane Company website (you can create and buy rings there)...
Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Best place I've found for jewelry is Diamonds Direct.

It may not be a nation wide company, though.. so I'd suggest a local place too.. big name jewelers are usually more pricy
Old 04-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #31
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

Pawn shop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #32
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Congrats ODogg! Coming up on my first year anniversary, so a lot of this stuff is still fresh in my mind. A few others have mentioned on a national footprint, Sam's club, Costco, Blue nile -- for the diamond itself. I'll list a few places I went to here in Indy but not for sure where else they are available. I went to the following during my search; Jared, Shane Company, Distinctive Diamonds and Reis Nichols.

Good luck!

PSN: Sixty5South

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »