Home

Can You Make It Through This Post Without Wanting To Be In 5th Grade Again?

This is a discussion on Can You Make It Through This Post Without Wanting To Be In 5th Grade Again? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Can You Make It Through This Post Without Wanting To Be In 5th Grade Again?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/can-y...ithout-wanting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Can You Make It Through This Post Without Wanting To Be In 5th Grade Again?

Cannot. Like. Enough.

Recognized absolutely everything from that. Well, except people getting stuck in the equipment - can't say I ever saw that.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

At first I was like meh, then I saw Bill Nye and it was over. For some reason 4th and 5th grade were some of my favorite years.

The parachute and scooter brought back some good memories, PE was my favorite(granted my grandma was the teacher so I was required to enjoy such things). Best was capture the flag, set me up to be the Call of Duty player I am today

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 09-26-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I just realized...no trapper keepers. Or maybe that was more middle school-ish?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yea. 5th grade was terrible. I had to wear uniforms everyday and school was still school. Not everyday was Bill Nye and math blasters. Most of it was overheads and the SHIRLEY method (which I have completely forgotten the purpose of). I had to come home and give my dad a behavior report and suffer the requisite time out in my room, which after a time I started to use to flush my bad tests. After that it was homework and writing (and my handwriting it still ****ty, lol. yolo).

School wasn't fun until the 6th grade and middle school. My middle school was the greatest.

In fact, when I think about it...the higher the grade I went, the less homework I did after school.

@AdamdotH

Last edited by Watson; 09-26-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

That's like the opposite for me, my 3rd-5th grades were awesome(when I started going to school at the same school for more then 1 year for the first time). Then Middle school was by far the worst 3 years of my grade school(went to a different one then I was planning on an just knew no one for awhile,etc)

School itself was meh(I didn't like my 5th grade teacher, my 4th to this day is still my favorite) but all the fine arts were fun, recess was awesome(4 square, football, bball, pokemon,etc), where I met my current best friends. Was a safety patrol so I felt like a boss as I walked kids to their buses, which then led to the 5th grade patrol trip to D.C.

We organized our own football team during aftercare that started when in 4th grade we just kept wrecking the 5th graders, eventually when we were 5th graders people just stopped playing us so we started playing bball and capture the flag more. Of course i'm glad to have gone when I did cause when I worked there a few years ago they weren't allowed to do nearly half the stuff we did back in the day(no football, actually had to do homework,etc)
Old 09-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 55

I'm just a little bit too old to relate to a good portion of that (some of that stuff didn't exist until I was almost out of high school) but the ones that I did were really cool.

Definitely miss parachute day in gym class the most.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I can't relate to none of that in that post. My 5th grade consisted of my 1st male teacher, a tall blonde guy named Mr. Turf. He wore glasses, was skinny.

There was no recess at my school, they banned that back when I was in 1st grade. We didn't change class rooms, we stayed in the same room all day. Our math was Pre-Algebra, which I never understood why they called it that because it was freaking Algebra. We didn't have art class. Didn't have a gym room, we had a basement, which also served as our lunch room.

Vast majority of our student body was poor so nobody brought a lunch from home. So I had no idea what a lunch box was until I was in high school. Book fair was a bust, kids was poor therefore nobody bought any books so after a while they banned that too when I was in the 3rd grade.

So yeah 5th grade wasn't fun, it was like freaking high school. Always had a ton of home work every day. Science fair was banned unless you were an honor student and even then it was elective. Because of that you had the same 8 or 13 kids doing it every year.

5th grade was also the year of many 1sts for me.

1st time one of my friends got shot.

1st time one of my friends got hit by a car. But that was his fault for running across the street in the middle of the block.

1st time I had a crazy stalker chick.

1st time I was robbed in broad day light waiting at a cross walk trying to cross the street.

1st time I seen how corrupt the police can be.

1st time I had a male teacher. Before that all my teachers been female.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »