Home

Most annoying words, terms, phrases

This is a discussion on Most annoying words, terms, phrases within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2019, 11:26 PM   #905
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Most annoying words, terms, phrases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdabuwahl3
Yaaas.

I hate seeing when people write that.
I'm good when Triumph the Insult Comic Dog says it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2019, 02:57 AM   #906
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This has probably gone on longer more than I've paid attention to, and I don't know its derivation at all, but every YouTube comment I read everywhere (yes, I tend to enjoy those, but not right now) have this "dialogue exchange" or "reaction sets" between people or populations, separated by a colon.

I'm not describing it well, but sometimes it says things like...

Everyone:
Me: blah blah blah

... or the one I just read...

Warrens: Who did you kill?
Annabelle: Yes.

It's fine if it's one or two comments, but now it's literally everywhere. What exactly spawned this, and why can't people be original and make their own trend, rather than just follow?

(that last question is probably involving everything else that's in this thread)

I've been okay with the "Hold my beer" ones of these, because those are few and far between and actually make most sense. Would be fine to do without them all, though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #907
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm gonna ******* lose it if I hear quid pro quo one more damn time.

A Work in Progress
Old 11-11-2019, 11:03 PM   #908
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I'm gonna ******* lose it if I hear quid pro quo one more damn time.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-12-2019, 01:51 AM   #909
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This has probably gone on longer more than I've paid attention to, and I don't know its derivation at all, but every YouTube comment I read everywhere (yes, I tend to enjoy those, but not right now) have this "dialogue exchange" or "reaction sets" between people or populations, separated by a colon.

I'm not describing it well, but sometimes it says things like...

Everyone:
Me: blah blah blah
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/nobody

Quote:
It's fine if it's one or two comments, but now it's literally everywhere. What exactly spawned this, and why can't people be original and make their own trend, rather than just follow?
I've read this five times and have no idea how it would be possible.

Quote:
I've been okay with the "Hold my beer" ones of these, because those are few and far between and actually make most sense. Would be fine to do without them all, though.
"Hold my beer" is few and far between? I feel like I've seen that one a million times too.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:15 AM   #910
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Thanks. I still don't think I get it, but at least there is a source to trace back to.

Quote:
I've read this five times and have no idea how it would be possible.
Well obviously for somebody to start a trend, then I guess it needs to trend... so I see the conundrum at play.

I'm just sitting and watching people like my students who don't seem to acknowledge the coolness of something until it actually becomes cool, and never really seem to create for themselves. What somebody does is what they're going to do, never being the initiators. I dare them to become that someday.

Quote:
"Hold my beer" is few and far between? I feel like I've seen that one a million times too.
I do think it's used in moderation, yes. Maybe everything I'm doing is relative to what I see from YouTube comments, and that "Nobody" thing has really gotten to me. They aren't even funny.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:43 AM   #911
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Well obviously for somebody to start a trend, then I guess it needs to trend... so I see the conundrum at play.

I'm just sitting and watching people like my students who don't seem to acknowledge the coolness of something until it actually becomes cool, and never really seem to create for themselves. What somebody does is what they're going to do, never being the initiators. I dare them to become that someday.
I agree, people don't really choose to be themselves anymore, they instead choose to find a template that best suits them. Being unique is starting to get waded out, and instead, you be unique by choosing the template of someone else that is considered unique.

Or, you pick the same hairstyle and clothing style as everyone else who is popular. You either pick the popular style, or deviate to a different style but it's not different because it's already popular from the other group that chooses not to be popular but still has it's own group.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2019, 04:15 AM   #912
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I agree, people don't really choose to be themselves anymore, they instead choose to find a template that best suits them. Being unique is starting to get waded out, and instead, you be unique by choosing the template of someone else that is considered unique.

Or, you pick the same hairstyle and clothing style as everyone else who is popular. You either pick the popular style, or deviate to a different style but it's not different because it's already popular from the other group that chooses not to be popular but still has it's own group.
Doesn't this apply to everything though? How many truly original people or ideas are there?

We (as people) naturally try to emulate things we like. But nobody likes only one thing so even that attempt at copying something is influenced by a bunch of other things. Then future attempts at mimicking that will be influenced by even more different sources. And so on and so on.

It's like guitar in a way. There are only so many chords but everyone plays them a little differently to fit what they want to do.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled annoying words and phrases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »