Home

Fashion / Style advice thread

This is a discussion on Fashion / Style advice thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #65
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Fashion / Style advice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
What shoes do you guys wear when you go to parties/bars? The one night I wore my dress shoes and i got berated. Usually I rock my black Nike high-tops.

The thing I hated most about Columbia, Missouri was the social/bar scene. Most of the downtown places I went to were 'fratty', so wearing something like a button down, skinny tie, vest, etc, is seen as being overdressed and therefore pretty douchey.

How ironic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #66
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5

The thing I hated most about Columbia, Missouri was the social/bar scene. Most of the downtown places I went to were 'fratty', so wearing something like a button down, skinny tie, vest, etc, is seen as being overdressed and therefore pretty douchey.

How ironic.
I guess where you go out also is a factor.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #67
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
My favorite dress shirts are the MK2 (military) button down and the IMX fitted, both from Express.
Those are some of my favorites, too. Express has some nice men's shirts, that's for sure.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #68

OVR: 34

Great thread.

I was wondering if anyone has this same rule in their wardrobe. I do not like to wear anything with a logo or catch phrase on it. I will make exceptions for places I visit and my wife buys me a t-shirt, but I just don't like things written across my chest or back.

I guess it sounds obnoxious but just a rule for me.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #69
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Great thread.

I was wondering if anyone has this same rule in their wardrobe. I do not like to wear anything with a logo or catch phrase on it. I will make exceptions for places I visit and my wife buys me a t-shirt, but I just don't like things written across my chest or back.

I guess it sounds obnoxious but just a rule for me.
I used to live by that rule. Then for a few years I stocked up on shirts that had logos and stuff. Now I just try to stay away from stuff that has a brand name plastered all over it. I'm ok with shirts that have a phrase on them if it's something that I think is pretty cool.

For example, I own this shirt:
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #70
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur3asi3

If anyone yearns or desires pics of my setup they're available upon request and yes I fully realize I very well may have a slight obsession.
I didn't want to "go there" until you set this bar, amigo...

I live in a quintessential old skool "bachelor pad" with a walk in closet full of vintage suits, sport coats, slacks, ties, shoes, etc...

That's complemented by a large closet filled with outerwear, and two back up (smaller closets) filled with the "over run" stuff...

Because my size hasn't varied much in the entirety of my adulthood and I only buy timeless classics, I have accumulated what is now best termed "a collection" of menswear and accessories...

Primary focus is late 50's to late 60's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
What do you guys think of sandals, or the closed toe Teva shoe/sandal for the summer?

I tend to prefer a closed toe, just so I don't stub my toe, but in the Arizona heat it's nice to not always wear shoes...
I've had numerous females approach me over the years to try to steer their man from "the mandals"...

I'm not a fan, but more importantly...fashionable women HATE them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
What shoes do you guys wear when you go to parties/bars? The one night I wore my dress shoes and i got berated. Usually I rock my black Nike high-tops.
Sadly, THIS is why my foppish "reign of terror" ground to a halt in the early part of this 21st Century...

Waaaaaay too many young men these days seem to hate anyone or anything that doesn't "conform to the norm"...

It's just not worth it to stand out (to that degree) these days...

Unfortunate how conservative these times REALLY are, culturally...

Anyhow:

My question to you guys:

How many rock the Oakley / Wraparounds on the brim of a fitted cap?

I jokingly refer to that as the "NASCAR Tiara"...

That being said, I do have a pair of Foster Grant's that I do wear with a few caps I own that I love the color / fit of, but want to play down the logo of...

I also have a couple really nice caps with a slight accentuated peak, that's minimized by the shades...

Thoughts?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #71
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I used to live by that rule. Then for a few years I stocked up on shirts that had logos and stuff. Now I just try to stay away from stuff that has a brand name plastered all over it. I'm ok with shirts that have a phrase on them if it's something that I think is pretty cool.

For example, I own this shirt:
I'm the same way. I won't wear any shirt that has the brand name across it, but I'm fine with a phrase.

I use to hate wearing sandals but I've gotten more into them. I one 1 pair currently and it's your basic Nike red/black open toe sandal. I'll only wear them with basketball shorts. I'm not a fan of wearing sandals with jeans or with the sock in them.

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 05-01-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #72
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
What do you guys think of denim shorts? Yay or nay?

NO, just no.

As for the question about TEVA's, I own a pair. I use them for only one thing though. Hiking wet trails in Hawaii. For everyday fashion, mandals are a no.
All this fashion stuff is going to vary by region though, I'm a flip flop guy on the beach during the summer. Flip flops are a "no" for lots of people but I grew up on the beach and you'll never be able to take them away from me. My flip flip brand of choice, Reef. They make some killer flips that are more comfortable then some of my dress shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I'm not a fan of wearing sandals with jeans or with the sock in them.
I've got a buddy that does that and I give him **** about it every time I see him wearing those.

Last edited by Mabster; 05-01-2012 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »