Home

News that make you say WTF?

This is a discussion on News that make you say WTF? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #49
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: News that make you say WTF?

Mother arrested after boy found wandering naked, drunk

She allegedly gave him 4 shots of brandy then passed out on the couch while he wandered around his neighborhood to drunk to realize he didn't have clothes on.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #50
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Mother arrested after boy found wandering naked, drunk

She allegedly gave him 4 shots of brandy then passed out on the couch while he wandered around his neighborhood to drunk to realize he didn't have clothes on.
Florida never fails to impress.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #51
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...lebrities.html

Since when were deli people allowed to frisk customers ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #52
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Basically, the real life story of My Cousin Vinny gone wrong:

http://belmont-ca.patch.com/articles...uspatc00000001

Quote:
A man who misrepresented himself as an attorney in San Mateo County court will soon face trial on 13 felony counts.

John Hedderman, 52, of Stanton, who was disbarred in California in 2000, reportedly stole the identify of a Southern California attorney named Donald Welch in order to take on a client, charge him attorney's fees, and actually represent him in San Mateo County court.

According to the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office this week, Hedderman met a man named Ruben Bisceglia in Southern California last year. Knowing Bisceglia was seeking an attorney to represent him in a case he had pending in San Mateo County Court, Hedderman introduced himself to Bisceglia as "Donald Welch" - a Southern California attorney he had once worked for as a paralegal.

Hedderman took Bisceglia on as his client, even appearing on his behalf in San Mateo County court on three separate occasions between March and August of 2012.

Hedderman reportedly charged Bisceglia roughly $1,000 for his fraudulent attorney services.

However, his deception eventually caught up with him when Deputy District Attorney Sharon Cho looked up contact information for Donald Welch in order to ask him a question about victim restitution ordered in Bisceglia's case - and she ended up contacting the real Donald Welch.

When the real Donald Welch told Cho he did not represent any clients by the name of Ruben Bisceglia, and that knew nothing about his case, Hedderman's identity theft was uncovered.

In fact, the real Donald Welch, an attorney in Southern California, had never even been to San Mateo County.

Kevin Raffaelli, inspector for the San Mateo County DA's Office, then launched an investigation, during which he discovered that Hedderman had previously been convicted on 12 felony counts in Orange County for misrepresenting himself as an attorney in order to represent a client in a family law dispute case in 2008.

Hedderman appeared in San Mateo County Court earlier this week to face charges. His trial is set to begin on March 4.

Hedderman is currently out of custody on $50,000 bail.

(this is my hometown, by the way)

He should have said, "Well my name's not Donald Welch, it's Donald Velch... V-e-l-c-h." Too bad he didn't have Marisa Tomei to back him up.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #53
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18
The two Yoods are always causing hijinks.

through music, you can live forever...
Old 02-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #54
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Quote:
A Walmart employee in Indiana has been charged with felony theft after she was caught munching Oreos filched from the store's shelves, police said.

When confronted by cops with video of the alleged theft, Penny S. Winters, 63, admitted she ate the cookies and said she had been doing it for years.

After a box of opened Oreo cookies were discovered at a Walmart in Portage, Ind., and an investigation was conducted, a longtime Walmart employee admitted she not only consumed Oreos she hadn't paid for, but also took junk food from the company every week for four years. Penny S. Winters, 63, was also caught on video during her evening shift eating the popular sandwich cookies.

In an incident report released to ABC News by police in Portage, Ind., officials state they responded to the Portage Walmart on Feb. 18 in reference to an internal theft investigation. Upon arrival, police spoke with a Walmart manager who said an empty food wrapper was located within the store on Feb. 12, coupled with surveillance video footage, indicated Winters was responsible.

Winters admitted to stealing cookies and other items approximately once or twice a week during her seven month tenure at the Portage store, and at her previous position at a Walmart near her hometown in Tucson, Ariz. She said she regularly snacked on gum, chips, sandwiches and chocolates, according to the police report.

Winters said she knew taking the items without paying was "wrong" and that it "would never happen again." Walmart agreed and fired her.

As to why she repeatedly stole the items, Winters told police she could not afford them. Winters could not explain to police why she chose to steal "junk food" instead of legitimate food products normally associated with necessity. Winters was employed as a full-time maintenance worker making an hourly wage of $11.40 an hour.

Winters told police she had been a Walmart employee for approximately seven years.

"We have high standards on how we conduct business in our stores and high expectations for all our associates. This includes acting with honesty, integrity and following company policies and guidelines," Walmart media relations spokeswoman Ashley Hardie told ABCNews.com. "Unfortunately, Ms. Winters failed to meet those expectations. As a result of her violation of company policy she is no longer with the company."
She sounds like and looks like she might be a meth addict or something. How the hell you can't afford regular food making $11 an hour ? Might not be the best food, but you can definitely afford regular food.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #55
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

She sounds like and looks like she might be a meth addict or something. How the hell you can't afford regular food making $11 an hour ? Might not be the best food, but you can definitely afford regular food.

Come on now, its not like she couldnt afford it. She simply didn't want to pay. The last thing I would think is that I would be criminally charged for stealing cookies.

Its sorta like this unlocked soda fridge we have at my job with an honesty box on top for those who feel obliged to pay for their beverage. I can afford to pay but I choose not to. You wanna discipline me for never paying for my share of sodas...go head, I dare ya.

After some though, the stories aren't to similar. Its just that I hate jobs who require employees to pay for each and every thing when they know damn well, a nice percentage of inventory will be thrown out at some point. This applies mostly to grocery/fast food stores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #56
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
The man dubbed the "Internet Casanova" for breaking hearts online is now facing charges for not just stealing women's hearts but also their money.

Authorities allege that Ray Holycross, 29, who also went by the names Ray Cross and Ray Tompson, scammed and robbed more than 38 women in at least seven states.

Holycross, of Plymouth, Ind., will be arraigned today in an Indiana courtroom on one charge of theft, accused of stealing the camera of Theresa Bridegroom, a woman from Mishawaka, Ind., according to ABC affiliate RTV6.

Police say Holycross spent years logging onto dating websites to meet women before moving in with them and then stealing from them.

Bridegroom, 35, began dating Holycross in September. Police arrested him at the apartment they shared on Tuesday after Bridegroom discovered he pawned her camera and turned him in, RTV6 reports.

"That's when I found out all the information about the all of the websites and dating sites," she said.

Holycross is also wanted in Oregon on two counts stemming from an identity theft charge.

"I think he relies on girls that he meets on the Internet to provide him with what he needs to get through life," Lt. Michael Budreau of the Medford Police Department in Oregon told " Good Morning America" in August as the first reports of his alleged fraud emerged.

Jennifer Clark told "GMA" in August that she met Holycross on the online dating site PlentyofFish.com. She was smitten, she said, and the two quickly moved in together.

"We lived together in my house," she said. "I decided I wanted to help him."

Clark told "GMA" that Holycross convinced her to sell her home and her car and promised to move to Chicago with her.

Instead, he took her laptop and iPhone, withdrew nearly $1,000 from her bank account, and then vanished, she said.

"He made me feel like he was going to take care of me and, instead, I was left with absolutely nothing," Clark said.

She later added: "He was extremely charming and convincing and, looking back at myself, I feel foolish."

In August, Clark filed a domestic abuse report against Holycross, telling police he got physical when she confronted him about what she called his lies.

"He got very violent with me," she said. "I would be concerned for others because of his tendency to get violent when he is confronted."

Many of the women who met Holycross online told a similar story. They said he is an online charmer who took off with their cash once they let him into their lives and homes.

Tahsha Hollister said she also met Holycross on PlentyofFish, and that he made up stories to manipulate her.

"The minute that he told me he needed a place to stay, I just had this instinct like he was looking for me to say to him, 'You can stay with me,'" she said.

ABC News has also learned of allegations against Holycross from male victims, who claim he swindled them out of money and other possessions.

Even his own brother refused to defend him.

"He digs holes, gets into lies and it's just a non-stop thing," David Holycross said. "My heart goes out to all the victims. And if anyone has the opportunity to avoid my brother after seeing this, do so."
Wow, how the hell he keep all those lies straight ? 38 women from 7 states ? And why the hell are these women giving him access to their bank account that quickly into dating somebody they just met ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »