Home

Weekend Warriors Gameday Grub Slingers

This is a discussion on Weekend Warriors Gameday Grub Slingers within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2023, 12:16 AM   #1
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Weekend Warriors Gameday Grub Slingers

Just wanted to start a thread in preparation of the upcoming seasons of college football and NFL. My hopes is that this thread will be a hit all throughout the season and even beyond into the years to come!

I don't know about you guys, but my favorite part about football season is the grub! I mean, there's nothing more comforting while watching my LA Rams and VT Hokies lose than to eat my emotions away (half joke, half truth).

Please share what you like to make on gamedays, especially recipes!

I've already done a little bit of stocking up.

Three racks of ribs, two briskets, a 9-lb. pork butt, a little 3-lb. pork shoulder, a monster pork loin, a couple of whole birds and 20 lbs. of wings in my chest freezer. My local grocery store had 1-lb. blocks of sharp cheddar cheese on sale for $2 recently so I stocked up -- macaroni and cheese, sausage balls, smoked cheddar jalapeno poppers alllllll ready to go.

My favorite is when the weather is 40-50 degrees out on a crisp Saturday. Those are my go-to days for making fresh bread and/or pizza.

I'll do an overnight smoke on a Saturday night and brisket will be ready for NFL gameday. Usually I have more of the 'point' of the brisket leftover, and I'll freeze it till I'm ready to make chili, and I'll use both ground beef and brisket for it, with a sauce/broth made with dried chili peppers, and yeah, I'll add dark red kidney beans (sorry, Texans, I love beans in chili; otherwise it's meat soup ).

On gameday weekends, I'm like a kid on Christmas... Super Bowl Sunday is an absolute holiday, my favorite of the year -- most of my long-time friends who I only see once a year come over and we have a big party. Super Bowl 56 was my favorite.

Anybody else also in extreme excitement for Gameday Gluttony^tm?

Would love to read what you guys throw down and any recipes you want to pass along.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »