Home

Any cyclists/mountain bikers/commuters?

This is a discussion on Any cyclists/mountain bikers/commuters? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Any cyclists/mountain bikers/commuters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Perfect! The guys at the store should be able to find a bike to fit your needs. Most places will tune them up for you, too, before they give you the bike.

Hopefully more people chime in. I'm surprised no one else has posted. You'd think with all of the traffic on this site there'd be a few cyclists/mountain bike riders.

Unfortunately I was unable to get out on my bike this evening due to heavy showers. Tomorrow looks better from a weather standpoint.
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised myself. I figured there'd be a litany of cyclists here.

Anyway, I've also been considering getting the pedal fixed on my other bike (in lieu of buying bike altogether). The bike rides well, there's just been a small issue of the crank arm becoming loose time and time again. I've tried tightening the bolt and buying a new bolt altogether, but no dice. Would this be an expensive fix at a bike shop? A better deal than buying another new/used bike?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised myself. I figured there'd be a litany of cyclists here.

Anyway, I've also been considering getting the pedal fixed on my other bike (in lieu of buying bike altogether). The bike rides well, there's just been a small issue of the crank arm becoming loose time and time again. I've tried tightening the bolt and buying a new bolt altogether, but no dice. Would this be an expensive fix at a bike shop? A better deal than buying another new/used bike?
It's certainly a lot cheaper than buying a new bike. If you like your current bike, you should be able to replace the pedal for a small price. You could do it yourself or leave your bike at the store and have a tech. fix it and it should still cost you less than $100.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

I've just gotten back in to biking recently. I have a cheap Target Schwinn mountain bike that I've converted to a hybrid. I've already logged over 400 mi on it in just over a month and have competed in one entry level road ride last week.
I'm currently up to 40 mi and am training for a 100 miler next Aug
I need a better bike than what I have but just can't afford the price tag .
I've been looking at a Motobecane Mirage from bikesdirect that I think will have to suffice. .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I love riding my mountain bike at the local trails. Unfortunately, just over a month ago I hit a root and somehow managed to flip over my handlebars and landed on a rock. I ended up breaking my left scaphoid (wrist). Needless to say, I've been out of action ever since. I should be good to go by spring, I guess. I could probably bike now, but if I fell off with my splint (I got the hard cast off last week), I'd be FUBARed, so I restrain myself.

I'm not real serious about it nor fast, but I love to go a few times per week for the fresh air and the exercise. I absolutely despise running, so this is a good exercise alternative. It's also much lower impact than running.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I love riding my mountain bike at the local trails. Unfortunately, just over a month ago I hit a root and somehow managed to flip over my handlebars and landed on a rock. I ended up breaking my left scaphoid (wrist). Needless to say, I've been out of action ever since. I should be good to go by spring, I guess.

I'm not real serious about it nor fast, but I love to go a few times per week for the fresh air and the exercise. I absolutely despise running, so this is a good exercise alternative. It's also much lower impact than running.
Dang, that sucks. Hope you heal up soon.

I am hoping to get out this weekend for a ride, all depends on the weather, though.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I've just gotten back in to biking recently. I have a cheap Target Schwinn mountain bike that I've converted to a hybrid. I've already logged over 400 mi on it in just over a month and have competed in one entry level road ride last week.
I'm currently up to 40 mi and am training for a 100 miler next Aug
I need a better bike than what I have but just can't afford the price tag .
I've been looking at a Motobecane Mirage from bikesdirect that I think will have to suffice. .
Good for you! That's a lot of miles. If I could ever find a road bike for $200-400, I'd snatch it up and look to log some longer rides. With my hybrid, I stay around 15-20 miles. My mountain bike rides are shorter, but more intense.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

OUCH! That sucks man!
Spring is just around the corner and youll be back in the saddle again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Good for you! That's a lot of miles. If I could ever find a road bike for $200-400, I'd snatch it up and look to log some longer rides. With my hybrid, I stay around 15-20 miles. My mountain bike rides are shorter, but more intense.
I'm with you there. Reading posts like his kind of tear me down, ha. I feel like I've been going so hard with my 20 mile rides then someone rolls up with a non-chalant, "Oh yeah, I drop 40's but it's a bummer because I'm aiming for 100." I mean that in the best possible way though, Curahee.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-11-2013 at 08:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »