Home

Any cyclists/mountain bikers/commuters?

This is a discussion on Any cyclists/mountain bikers/commuters? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #193
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Any cyclists/mountain bikers/commuters?

Got a couple of rides in on the fat bike over the weekend. Went a total of 12 miles and it was tough! Riding on the roads was fine because the plows packed down the snow. The trails, however, were untouched so it was a snow/ice mixture that was near-impossible to ride over for long stretches. I was disappointed in the condition, not only for myself, but anyone that walks, runs, etc., the 16-mile trail is unusable in its current state and with temps in the 20's and low 30's, it's going to be quite a while before that melts away.

I'll plan on sticking to the roads or venturing to other towns with known groomed trails for the remainder of the winter.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-27-2021, 05:59 PM   #194
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Weather has been terrible the last couple weekends with rain so the trails are saturated.

Bummed that my buddy who got me into mountain biking texted me last night said he's looking to sell his bikes and just hasn't had the desire to ride. I knew something was up though since hadn't been able to make it the last several times I had invited him.

I have days where I don't feel like being out there but once I get warmed up and going that disappears and I'm always happy I went when I'm done.

Hopefully he'll keep one and find that motivation again.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 01-28-2021, 07:22 AM   #195
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Yeah, that's always tough when someone loses interest in riding, but I understand it.

As for me, well, I crashed on my ride over the weekend. I caught a patch of ice on a downhill portion of the trail that was extra slippery, and my fat bike went out from underneath me, sending me falling onto the sheet of packed ice, with my left side taking all of the impact. I was able to ride home, but shortly afterwards had trouble walking (strained or pulled my groin) and my shoulder, back and wrist were pretty sore.

I'm getting a little better every day, but the groin still limits my movement. It's going to be a little bit before my next ride. But, all things considered, it could've been a lot worse.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2021, 10:47 PM   #196
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

Weather has finally straightened out the last couple weeks. Went from 4 or 5 days in a row at freezing or below to 60's and 70's the last couple weeks.

Got 2 rides in over the weekend and finally got my butt back in the gym after work today. Felt good to get back in there, definitely been in a rut gym wise.
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 03-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #197
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

That warm weather was really nice; we had similar temps out here last week and I was able to take advantage. Got out on the gravel bike and rode for 2 hours, which felt really good. Felt a little discomfort towards the end of the ride, which was likely due it being my first "long" ride since my injuries in January.

Looking to get back out this weekend; think I'll take the fat bike around the city trail. It's a little soft in some areas, but all of the ice is thankfully melted, so won't have to contend with that.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-17-2021, 08:04 PM   #198
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

Weather was perfect over the weekend in the mid 70's and got a couple good rides in with both just under 10 miles each.

Weather should be nice this weekend also in the mid 60's.

Trying to up my mileage a little each week before doing some 20+ mile rides.
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 03-23-2021, 05:07 PM   #199
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

I've gone on a few rides this year and I decided I wasn't prepared to do 4,000 km on a mountain bike again riding mainly on roads.

It has been challenging even to find a road bike. I've been looking online and stocks are out. Some cycling stores don't answer the phone anymore. Some say they will only respond to texts, not even e-mail.

I had some time off today and went to some stores. One store had three women's bikes and two children's bikes. That's it. Another specialized store had no inventory and he warned me that even if I ordered with him online it might be weeks or even October before I saw it. He did point to another store. He wished me "Good luck"

I was pretty much in panic mode. The third store had a Cannondale in my size and I bought it onsite without even testing it. Very expensive day (over $3,000 Cdn) once you throw in the shoes, the pedals and the tax.

Now to tell the wife, I dropped $3k on a bike ...
Old 03-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #200
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I've gone on a few rides this year and I decided I wasn't prepared to do 4,000 km on a mountain bike again riding mainly on roads.

It has been challenging even to find a road bike. I've been looking online and stocks are out. Some cycling stores don't answer the phone anymore. Some say they will only respond to texts, not even e-mail.

I had some time off today and went to some stores. One store had three women's bikes and two children's bikes. That's it. Another specialized store had no inventory and he warned me that even if I ordered with him online it might be weeks or even October before I saw it. He did point to another store. He wished me "Good luck"

I was pretty much in panic mode. The third store had a Cannondale in my size and I bought it onsite without even testing it. Very expensive day (over $3,000 Cdn) once you throw in the shoes, the pedals and the tax.

Now to tell the wife, I dropped $3k on a bike ...
Like the store worker, I wish you "good luck" with that convo.

But, I also want to say CONGRATS on the new bike purchase! Definitely is slim pickings out there these days; I know I got really lucky (like you) to walk into a store and find a bike in my size. Kind of similar to the PS5/Xbox Series X - you better not hesitate if you happen to get lucky enough to get one in your shopping cart because you could be waiting an awful long time to get one.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »