Home

The Dream Analyst

This is a discussion on The Dream Analyst within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2021, 08:43 PM   #161
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: The Dream Analyst

I had a dream last night: I was getting ready for a flight, checked the ticket and saw that my flight was at the time I woke up for it so My dad and mom (who have both passed away) took me to go buy a drink and told me to forgot about it. I have been having dreams about them a lot ever since My mom passed in Nov 2020

Life is wonderful so get out and enjoy it!

Playing: FIFA 16, EA Sports UFC 2, WWE 2K16, MLB The Show 16

Consoles: PS4 Xbox 360 PS2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #162
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvegasooner
I had a dream last night: I was getting ready for a flight, checked the ticket and saw that my flight was at the time I woke up for it so My dad and mom (who have both passed away) took me to go buy a drink and told me to forgot about it. I have been having dreams about them a lot ever since My mom passed in Nov 2020
my pop passed on thirty years ago this August and I still have dreams of him. these are my favorite dreams, but they are also those where you know you're dreaming but you do everything you can to hold on to that sleep cycle, but you know you're about to wake up
me, in those dreams =
me, after waking =

A Work in Progress
Old 04-12-2021, 09:45 PM   #163
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, same here. I have dreams about my dad, my grandparents, and pets that have passed on. I actually had a dream a week or so ago where I was taking a walk with my grandfather and we were just chatting about stuff, mostly his family history I think. That's one thing I regret in that when I was younger (probably around middle school) he had told me stuff about his family (such as how his granddfather immigrated to the U.S. from Ireland during the potato famine) and showed me some old picture, but I don't really remember most of what he told/showed me I guess because I really wasn't as interested in it then as I am now.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 04-13-2021, 02:21 AM   #164
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm not going to get very deep into this story, as it's dark and heavy enough as is. I'll just keep on the surface:

I have a student who I haven't seen in over a month. On Friday night, that student reached out to me and asked if we could Zoom, so on Zoom she effusively revealed to me that she was receiving care at a mental hospital for the past month as she had attempted suicide. She's purportedly doing better now in a lot of ways, but these are pretty heartbreaking stories as I've lost a student to suicide in the past (during the year that I taught them, that is). The main point of the Zoom was her asking about how to play catch-up or what I expected from her the rest of the year, which as you can probably understand I was pretty lenient about.

That night, during some part in my dream, I was reading some sort of e-mail conversation between this student and her friend. I don't know how I ended up reading it (like if I hacked her e-mail or if she accidentally forwarded me it or something), but a lot of it was her gloating about how she got her teachers to fall for her story and such, at one point saying something like: "I just Zoomed with Mr. Robinson and now have him right in my clutches. Now I don't have to do [blah blah blah], and I can totally pass. I should've thought about this earlier."

During my dream, I thought it was real and it really got my blood boiling. I actually forgot about that I had dreamed about this all of yesterday, and somehow woke up this morning remembering that dream, only to be relieved that wasn't real. Well, you know what I mean... nobody here wants that to be a true story, but to fake something like that is a bit off as well. Last year, I had a student get out of taking a test because he faked his friend's death from a couple of days before (confirmed by father the story was fake). This wasn't a student who lasted long at the school anyway, but the fact that he shed fake tears for me and got me to be emotional for that is so incredibly low.

Anyway, I don't know why that dream came up for me. Maybe my subconscious went back to that other thing that had happened once or something, but not for one second was I actually thinking of something like that about her. I'm wishing her the best and hope she can continue on this positive streak. Suicide shouldn't ever be a thought that we want to consider attempting IMO, but even less so at 16 years old. I'm just very glad that she failed, and so is she.

my best friend is a teacher and she's inundated with kids trying to cheat and scam while she teaches remotely through zoom, and she actually takes great pride in catching them and calling them out, ratting them to their parents, etc.

I can totally see how your dreams would take it to the extreme

edit: I didn't really take that from point to point very well

Last edited by l3ulvl; 04-13-2021 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:33 AM   #165
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
my best friend is a teacher and she's inundated with kids trying to cheat and scam while she teaches remotely through zoom, and she actually takes great pride in catching them and calling them out, ratting them to their parents, etc.

I can totally see how your dreams would take it to the extreme

edit: I didn't really take that from point to point very well
Actually, that could very well be what my mind was trying to translate that as. Yeah, I don't know if I've posted about that, but there is definitely rampant cheating going on during distance learning, and it's pretty much being caught left and right too. I just don't know why that is...

But definitely, that might be the connection here. Thanks!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 02:14 PM   #166

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

In some cases, I think open book tests should just happen. Especially for distance learning.

Make the questions harder, but they're able to use notes.

That's what happened for me in school (not distance learning, just regular class). Sometimes they'd allow open book tests if the class agreed that the difficulty of the test would be increased. Everyone agreed it was a fair tradeoff.

For anyone who is a teacher doing online learning, maybe that could be an option? Less stress on them studying every last word, no need to worry on your end of someone cheating (I feel like many people only cheat if they think they'll fail, which just further impacts their future if they get in trouble when caught).

As for the stories to teachers for getting out of stuff. I feel like most who have stories are telling the truth. Honestly, just my opinion, if someone lies, if they want to go through life doing that, that's on them. Chances are, you wouldn't be the first or last person they've said things like that to. Yes, people can change, but it's hard enough for teachers doing their job, letting some "bad apples" make it worse shouldn't be something they need to worry about.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #167
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
In some cases, I think open book tests should just happen. Especially for distance learning.

That's what happened for me in school (not distance learning, just regular class). Sometimes they'd allow open book tests if the class agreed that the difficulty of the test would be increased. Everyone agreed it was a fair tradeoff.

For anyone who is a teacher doing online learning, maybe that could be an option? Less stress on them studying every last word, no need to worry on your end of someone cheating (I feel like many people only cheat if they think they'll fail, which just further impacts their future if they get in trouble when caught).
Just for clarification, everything is open book online. I actually would prefer open book exams anyway, for the reason that you stated. I loathe the word "memorize" in the math classroom. I think that's for anatomy, not math. I give them enough ways to understand a formula or I just straight up give it to them, but no yeah I'm not testing them on what they've memorized, that's for sure.

There are worse things to worry about in distance learning, those two things mostly being Photomath (or any other math solving app) and working with others on an independent exam.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-14-2021, 01:17 AM   #168
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

As for the stories to teachers for getting out of stuff. I feel like most who have stories are telling the truth. Honestly, just my opinion, if someone lies, if they want to go through life doing that, that's on them. Chances are, you wouldn't be the first or last person they've said things like that to. Yes, people can change, but it's hard enough for teachers doing their job, letting some "bad apples" make it worse shouldn't be something they need to worry about.
This has essentially been my philosophy. It's been stressful enough trying to re-design lesson plans for remote learning in a class that's so heavily based on discussion (I teach various Psychology classes). I've turned all of my exams into open-resource essay-based exams. They can do whatever they want to complete the exam aside from plagiarism. Our school has also essentially told us to give students whatever extensions they ask for. So as long as my students communicate with me before the due date, I give them whatever extension they want.

Sorry, off-topic for a dream thread, but I wanted to chime in

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »