Home

The Dream Analyst

This is a discussion on The Dream Analyst within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2021, 09:02 PM   #169
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Dream Analyst

I've had the same dream the past few weeks where I cannot find my car.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:43 AM   #170
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I've had the same dream the past few weeks where I cannot find my car.
This is a reoccurring dream for me. It's always my old Civic from like 2003. I leave from somewhere and can't find it anywhere. The locations change, but it's the same anxiety inducing that my car is gone.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:05 AM   #171
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

not being able to find my car is a dream for me, too

it's usually the old Blazer I used to drive, and I'm back in HS in the dream and get out of school and can't find it.

I didn't drive the blazer til 10 years after HS so that's weird

I'm just wandering around the parking lot while everyone else leaves, trying to figure out where the hell it is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 10:53 AM   #172
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I woke up from the damndest dream this morning. I dreamed my son & his wife's third daughter was born and I taught the baby to walk & talk the the same day she was born.

afaik my daughter-in-law isn't even pregnant and my son doesn't want more (at least that's what he tells me) so maybe that's why I dreamed her giving birth. maybe the other part where I taught her to talk & walk so quickly has something to do with me thinking I'm running out of time *shrug*

I don't remember ever dreaming I couldn't find my car so it certainly isn't a recurring dream but what IS strange about that is I constantly cannot find my car even when I try to remember which aisle I park on in huge car-filled lots. I feel like I should have this dream a lot

maybe I don't dream it because I already live it and am not afraid of losing my car. even though it pisses me off to no end when my car plays hide-&-seek

A Work in Progress
Old 07-06-2021, 09:09 AM   #173

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

A reason I'm glad I don't usually remember many dreams, when they're good ones, it makes me hate that they weren't real, and bad ones can mess with you. Lose-lose.

A random good one I recently had involved me at baseball practice. It was the same field I used to play at growing up, and me and my team had practice. I had the idea that we had just enough people on our team where we could split up and have a mini game with 3 infielders, 2 outfielders, a pitcher, and no catcher (so no stolen bases allowed) for each team.

Ends up in a schoolyard pick, I get picked first, and end up basically being the captain/coach who decides I'll be the one pitching the entire game. Obviously I was excited for that since I was never allowed pitching a full game (there was a rule in my league where your innings were capped so that others could get chances to pitch as well, though my coaches definitely wished that rule didn't exist since I would've gone old school and do complete game after complete game all season).

Somehow there were a good amount of fans in the stands, and we were all ready to go and play...and then the dream ends!

Don't get me wrong, watching baseball at times can definitely be boring, but no matter how old I get, I'll always love playing it. Other sports are alright and all, but growing up, nothing got me more excited than any baseball game or practice I ever had. Spent many summer vacations just having it revolve around me playing baseball.

Last edited by Majingir; 07-06-2021 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:32 AM   #174
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I had an interesting version of a recurring one this time.

Precursor: I'm sure I've mentioned in the past that although my dad passed away back in 2014, whenever I have dreams of him it generally comes in the form of me being aware that he came back to life. Not in a Pet Sematary kind of way, yet somehow in a way that I feel like he may potentially be on borrowed time still and I wonder how long the good will last, but the thought "Is this a dream?" never comes to question. Anyway, whenever these dreams occur, I'm also always in my old house (the one I grew up in for 23 years of my life, minus time away at college). I have moved twice since, and he never appears in these homes as I have had dreams take place in them.

Anyway, last night I had a dream where he was back, but somehow it seemed like it could have been more permanent which seemed like a good thing. However, I also told myself: "This can't be a dream, because [x-y-z reasons]." This time I brought the idea into mind, and I've never done that before. My unconscious actually believed it wasn't a dream either.

I had all of these other things occur though that hadn't ever occurred before and I questioned why they would now and never had before. A stupid example is that my younger sister finally watched The Ring (which she absolutely never will when I first talked it up as she was only nine years old and doesn't do well with horror), but even as the menu was playing there were shots that I hadn't seen before haha, and I have seen every deleted scene/shot for that movie. I was wondering why they were there now. There are other examples but just like that one I have no reason to list all the specificities.

Here is the troubling bit, though: there was a part of the dream when my mom and I went into the garage and she was showing me how it was cleaned out. I don't mean cleaned up, I mean everything completely gone... as if we were moving. I don't know if dreams tell you something and work in progression in a certain way, but I hope it's not giving me a stage where I am moving from that house soon, and once my dreams from that house move on and cease to exist then so do my dreams with my dad coming back. We moved mere months after he had passed, so I don't know if it's an unreasonable premise that if I never did dream about my house then I couldn't dream about him. On the contrary, it may be more that my dreams of him bring the house rather than my dreams of the house bring him. There is also a wildly entertaining thought that the dream didn't allude to anything and that moving bit meant absolutely nothing (go figure, right?).

It did call to question though why I had things that I was "sure of couldn't ever happen" or "is crazy to be real given that this isn't a dream" and yet it still was in the end. If that has some meaning to it, I don't yet know how to pick it apart and I don't know if it has anything to do with my mind trying to tug onto still being able to access my memory of father in my dreams.

Point blank: I want to keep dreaming about him. I'm sure I dream of him more often than I remember, but I also can't remember the last time I really did on this depth level. Bottom line is when I get him back, things are good.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-13-2022, 10:35 AM   #175
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

What does it mean when in a dream you tell yourself that you are 100% aware that you are awake and that moment is reality?

I had a total lucid conversation with myself in my dream stating that this moment is and feels completely real, like as real as consciousness gets, to the point that I was certain I wasn't in a dream state.

I get that when we're trapped in a dream we may be unaware that we're dreaming, or we can even hit that moment when we find out that we are indeed dreaming... but to actually have conviction in something that is absolutely false? That's totally bizarre.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2022, 11:38 AM   #176
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What does it mean when in a dream you tell yourself that you are 100% aware that you are awake and that moment is reality?

I had a total lucid conversation with myself in my dream stating that this moment is and feels completely real, like as real as consciousness gets, to the point that I was certain I wasn't in a dream state.

I get that when we're trapped in a dream we may be unaware that we're dreaming, or we can even hit that moment when we find out that we are indeed dreaming... but to actually have conviction in something that is absolutely false? That's totally bizarre.
I have a dream like this once a month and it always goes the same way.

I "wake up" and get out of bed. Go to the bathroom and look into the mirror. I then say to myself, you are real.

Then I always get ready for the day and as soon as I walk outside I wake up.

I had no idea this was a thread here on OS!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »