Home

The Dream Analyst

This is a discussion on The Dream Analyst within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #57
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The Dream Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
CMH, since you said before it was harder to analyze older dreams and the one I posed earlier in the thread was one of those, I thought I'd share one I recently had to see if I could grab your input.

So by way of backstory, during my undergrad I interned for a councilman in one of the bigger cities here in NJ. He recently became mayor and I haven't really spoken to him or anyway associated with him since my summer internship which was around 3-4 years ago. Last night I had a dream that I was attending some type of gala or event and he met he there and was talking to me and then he led me inside. I can't really remember what else happened or the content of our convo just remember it feeling like we were old friends or work associates who were catching up. I thought it was strange since we barely had any interactions during my internship.

Thoughts?
I think if he was recently elected mayor then that election was on your mind. Don't really think there's much more to it. I don't even think this is the type of thing where you wish you had interacted with him more.

But it's a dream where you do the kind of thing you wouldn't have had the opportunity to do in real life. Your dream self took advantage of it. Hopefully you get the chance to run into him in the future and you take your dream's advice.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #58
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

This is an excellent thread, CMH.

Your responses are also impressive as they're incredibly well thought out and at the same time respectful.

Thanks for doing this.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #59
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
This is an excellent thread, CMH.

Your responses are also impressive as they're incredibly well thought out and at the same time respectful.

Thanks for doing this.

Thanks. I'm trying. I don't think I know the answers but I think it's important to have someone offer insight that might help you understand your dream. Glad people are taking the time to share.

I know I'm behind on a few. I am getting to them.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #60
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

One dream I'll always remember was when I was younger (probably four or five years old) and it involved going round my grandparents house for Sunday lunch, something I didn't really like doing. My mother sat down and started to read a newspaper, before reading aloud a headline that a giraffe had escaped from the local zoo, and was still on the loose. It then cut to me lying in bed trying to sleep. I looked towards the curtains and I saw the shadow of a giraffe behind the curtains, like it was outside my window, and it started making weird noises (I have no idea what noise a giraffe makes).

That's pretty much it. I was weird as a kid, I guess.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 05-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #61
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

New one for you. I don't remember my dreams often, but this is a recuuring one that I had a couple days ago, and it's at least the 3rd time I've had it spanning almost a decade now:

There's some sort of celebration going on, a party type setting. Feels like a middle-school style birthday party but I'm not sure if it's a birthday party or not.

This girl I used to date in high school is always in it. For some reason, we receive party gifts, just the 2 of us. Both are circus elephants cartoned in cardboard boxes; hers with a pink tutu and mine with a '50's style Top Hat of sorts (think Dick Tracy hat) and a pipe. Not a whole lot of interaction b/t her or myself that I can recall.

Now that I go back and read that... whoa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #62
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

I used to be into dream analysis but as I got older and my dreams were making less and less sense I've come to the conclusion that they don't mean anything. I think they're just the way our brains entertain themselves while we're sleeping.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #63
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Been having this dream lately, but applied in different scenarios.

For instance, I'll have a dream where I'm walking up a set of stairs, but I can never reach the top. I just keep walking, and walking and walking.

Or, I'll be practicing free throws, and I'll miss every time, in the exact same way over and over and over.

The latest, was me, walking through a building, and getting to the room that I was looking for, but when I opened the door and walked through I was back at the beginning and had to start all over.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #64
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I have one and I've always wondered what it meant if anything, I was dreaming I was laying in bed then all of a sudden my eyes started bugging me. At work I get little things in my eyes and just in general mostly wild eye lashes so in the dream this wasn't anything weird.

I walked to the bathroom fully expecting a wild eye lash but when I looked in the mirror my eyes were a very dark red...almost black. I was obviously surprised and even went as far as to touch them.

When I did that I noticed my eyes were hard but then what was covering my eyes started running down my face a very bright red like blood. At that point I woke up. Actually in saying that my eyes were almost like scabs turning back into blood.

Also one that would probably be more simple just the other night I was dreaming of a girl I used to date back in 1998....came out of no where. Haven't thought of her at all since, we broke up on good terms because she had to move away.

Just read over this thread and have to agree that there is some very interesting things in here. Thanks CMH for making this thread. Dreams along with supernatural...ghost/hauntings always have peaked my interest
Sorry for taking so long to get to this. The month of May is crazy at work and I'm not really in a state of mind to read and think over this kind of stuff. You guys are definitely dreaming weird ****. What is wrong with OS?!

The first dream:
This is going to sound dull. I think the key here is you have experienced this at work (the eye lash and not the bleeding eyes. I hope not the bleeding eyes. That would require a doctor asap).

I'm not going to say that the dream was your mind running away with the worst case scenario, but I do think it plays a part.

Dream state is very sensitive and, as we all know, the mind will wander to fill gaps. The eyelash incidents are common enough that you would dream of them. Once in that state, you're giving your mind license to figure out what could be happening to cause pain in your eyes.

I really don't think this is more than your mind trying to create the cause of an effect.

Second dream:
I would like to know what exactly you were dreaming about with this girl from 1998. Her being in a dream could be nothing. Your mind likes to fill faces with people we know so you feel at ease. I once had a dream where my best friend was the kid from The People Under The Stairs. It just happens.

But, more detail could maybe help me analyze the dream further.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »