Home

Things that took you way too long to realize....

This is a discussion on Things that took you way too long to realize.... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2020, 11:24 PM   #465
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Things that took you way too long to realize....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Boooooooo!!!!!

Also, I'm at least a little surprised that someone didn't know Glenn Danzig was in the Misfits. Not because it's such common knowledge among the general populace, but among the very narrow segment of society who knows who Glenn Danzig and the Misfits are, I would have thought there would be like 100% knowledge of that fact among the people that know both of those names.
I grew up at a very specific time in the 90's where some punk legends seemed more relevant at the time for their second projects. Glenn Danzig was Danzig for all I knew, singer of "Mother" and "Am I Demon". Henry Rollins was Rollins Band (and the cop in The Chase). And my first Metallica album was Load. So, yeah, I had a bit of a distorted view on some things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 02:20 AM   #466
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I grew up at a very specific time in the 90's where some punk legends seemed more relevant at the time for their second projects. Glenn Danzig was Danzig for all I knew, singer of "Mother" and "Am I Demon". Henry Rollins was Rollins Band (and the cop in The Chase). And my first Metallica album was Load. So, yeah, I had a bit of a distorted view on some things.
I think the Black Album was my first, but yeah I had to completely backtrack and learn about the thrash era, that stuff just wasn't on the radio, I don't even know how original fans knew about that stuff, it blew my mind how people knew about music that wasn't on the radio
Old 05-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #467
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm letting Anton Yelchin's filmography unfold in front of me by surprise with every passing film that I see. I pretty much just knew him as Chekov in the Star Trek reboot, but then in the past couple of years I caught him in Thoroughbreds and Green Room, and I just realized he played the title character Charlie Bartlett, which is now the first thing I'm aware of that I saw him in! I had no idea that was him.

These movies are certainly more obscure than they're less, but he's a good "discovery" within these movies that I watch over time. I almost feel like not ever going to his IMDb page so I can be caught off-guard with whatever else he had appeared in before.

EDIT: Actually, I decided to look at everything pre-ST because I am unlikely to discover many new films before this past decade, and the other two films he's been in that I've seen are Along Came a Spider (2001) and Terminator Salvation (2009). I'm having trouble placing him in either film, but he's likely the kid in the former and he was Kyle Reese in the latter. Both films hold merit for re-seeing at some point, so I'll be sure to scope him out again.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 05-25-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:59 PM   #468
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

I didn't realize Perks of Being a Wallflower wasn't made in the 90's until after I'd watched it. I didn't recognize Emma Watson or any of the other kid actors (I see now they've been in a lot) and I only thought it was kind of odd that Paul Rudd was playing a teacher. I went in thinking he was going to be the primarily high school protagonist.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:50 PM   #469

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I wouldn't really call it TOO long, but long enough.

I just realized I could use green screen on my laptop from basically anywhere in my house.

I tried it before but it didn't work out. Turns out it was a Zoom problem. Updated to latest version and now it looks so cool. I'm not using Zoom really for non light hearted chats, but it's fun to at least mess around with it.

No wonder youtube people can have good backgrounds so easily. Even basic software with decent room lighting can let you add your own cool background.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #470
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

for a quarter a century I've used 'Stupid is as stupid does' as sort of personal philosophy or mantra. yet I'm still not really understanding what it exactly means. and I've looked at a lot of articles attempting to explain it's meaning. but they all, in my mind, lack clear clarification. maybe I'm just too stupid too comprehend. it should be on my own personalised coat of arms. "Stultus Numquid Frustra". or somesuch.

it's probably way past time I realise it's ambiguity

A Work in Progress
Old 06-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #471
All Star

OVR: 13

My interpretation of that phrase is that if you do stupid things, you are stupid. Or, from another angle, calling someone stupid is not what defines someone as stupid - if they do stupid things, that is what defines stupid.

But I really don't know I guess...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #472
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
My interpretation of that phrase is that if you do stupid things, you are stupid. Or, from another angle, calling someone stupid is not what defines someone as stupid - if they do stupid things, that is what defines stupid.

But I really don't know I guess...
That's always been my interpretation, too, based on how Forrest and his mom use it in Forrest Gump

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »