Home

The Lego Thread

This is a discussion on The Lego Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #73
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Lego Thread

need to find a set that grabs me then i'm sure it's a slippery slope from there

would love to build a small lego christmas village
Old 11-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #74
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Ski slope and train tunnel is finally complete and moved back upstairs with the rest of the village. Not a single piece fell off during transport so I guess it is sturdy enough! *whew* On top of the slope is the North Pole with Santa's Village where you can see Santa taking flight!

Also here is a pic of my Holiday Train set, I added a couple new cars to it, and still have one more to add. I have the power function added, I'm stressing it with the additional cars when it goes around curves. Hopefully it'll have enough power for one more car.

My final step for this year is to just add finishing touches around the town. There's a lot of extra space around the village for more buildings, but I don't think I'll add anymore this year. I need to find some kind of white sticky putty stuff to get the skiers to stay on the slope. The bottom of the slope will eventually have a ski lodge there. Lego doesn't have one, so that'll be a project for the 2017 version. For the rest of this year, I'm just going to try and make it look nicer. I'm going to build a sidewalk around the street (you can see the start of the curb on the street in the pic) and add eight more light poles. I'm also going to create a bigger skating rink in my town square. I'll post another pic of the whole village when it is finally complete for this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ski slope_r.jpg (93.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Village Train_r.jpg (99.9 KB, 64 views)

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 11-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #75
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

That looks incredible.

Do you do tours?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #76
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

I love the Mystery Machine on there. That is so awesome!
Old 11-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Ski slope and train tunnel is finally complete and moved back upstairs with the rest of the village. Not a single piece fell off during transport so I guess it is sturdy enough! *whew* On top of the slope is the North Pole with Santa's Village where you can see Santa taking flight!

Also here is a pic of my Holiday Train set, I added a couple new cars to it, and still have one more to add. I have the power function added, I'm stressing it with the additional cars when it goes around curves. Hopefully it'll have enough power for one more car.

My final step for this year is to just add finishing touches around the town. There's a lot of extra space around the village for more buildings, but I don't think I'll add anymore this year. I need to find some kind of white sticky putty stuff to get the skiers to stay on the slope. The bottom of the slope will eventually have a ski lodge there. Lego doesn't have one, so that'll be a project for the 2017 version. For the rest of this year, I'm just going to try and make it look nicer. I'm going to build a sidewalk around the street (you can see the start of the curb on the street in the pic) and add eight more light poles. I'm also going to create a bigger skating rink in my town square. I'll post another pic of the whole village when it is finally complete for this year.

Unleash the KRAGLE.....
Old 11-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #78
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I love the Mystery Machine on there. That is so awesome!
If there are any Harry Potter fans, if you look closely you'll also see a familiar blue car.

A guy at eurobricks (great Lego forum for news and original creations) posted these additions to his Holiday Train that were just brilliant. I copied them for myself. Here is a present car for the train, and then replace the presents that were on the car with the tree with a Santa to wave at all the kiddos as the train goes by.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSX_20161117_233836.jpg (104.1 KB, 57 views)

Atlanta Braves

Last edited by aukevin; 11-18-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Sat down with my daughter yesterday to put the new Star Wars hover tank together and while she was working on that I decided to see if I could make the maz kanans set have a play area in the back of it so I started building the back bar area and a little maze for for Rey to walk through. Once she saw what I was doing she wanted all in on that instead of the hover tank. Somehow 3 hours later maz kanata's had a patio a grill area a full bar and the scooby doo crew was investigating a mystery there. Fun stuff.

On a side note that hover tank and characters are really well done. I added a trailer hitch to it and the imperial crates from kanans speeder set and it looks awesome. Going to set up a rebel ambush scene.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:33 AM   #80
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Sat down with my daughter yesterday to put the new Star Wars hover tank together and while she was working on that I decided to see if I could make the maz kanans set have a play area in the back of it so I started building the back bar area and a little maze for for Rey to walk through. Once she saw what I was doing she wanted all in on that instead of the hover tank. Somehow 3 hours later maz kanata's had a patio a grill area a full bar and the scooby doo crew was investigating a mystery there. Fun stuff.

On a side note that hover tank and characters are really well done. I added a trailer hitch to it and the imperial crates from kanans speeder set and it looks awesome. Going to set up a rebel ambush scene.
Awesome. I really like the tank too. I added another orange crate and remember thinking how well those ammo crate from Kanan's bike would go.

Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »