Home

The Death of Customer Service...

This is a discussion on The Death of Customer Service... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2016, 07:43 AM   #33
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: The Death of Customer Service...

I actually received some bad customer service recently. Well they just had a mix up or something and it was eventually remedied.

Purchase expensive TV and due to it being a pretty big investment I order the "white glove" service at $50. I just didn't want the liability of removing the TV from the packaging which I've read isn't the easiest. White glove service involves them setting everything up for you and removing the debris. Standard shipping is free BTW.

So delivery day comes and I'm really excited. Get the call that delivery is going to happen soon and the guy gets there, alone. I'm like "well how is he going to set this thing up alone?".

So he is nice and wheels the TV into my place and then is like "welp see ya later!".

So I stare at the box and there's no way in hell I'm waiting to set it up. I do it alone and am nervous as hell the entire time. Takes me about 10 minutes and it's all set up and there were no problems.

I called Samsung and they refunded the white glove fee.

Not blaming the guy for just dropping it off there had to have been miscommunication somewhere, but it definitely wasn't on my end.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-09-2016, 12:53 PM   #34
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

I must be lucky, because I've never had any issues with my cell carrier other than maybe the sales people being a little too pushy as far as getting me to buy extra things, but such is life in that arena. My cable company can eat a bag of ***** though.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #35
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I've only ever had issues with Comcast. Them charging me for stuff I either don't have or was directly told wouldn't be charged for, so then I have to call and get it settled.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #36
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
ITime Warner cable has been awesome. They have gotten me new promo packages every time my current one's end
You must be the golden child then. My bill is always going up and when I call, I get the "it is what it is" speech.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #37
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I can honestly say that I rarely get terrible customer service. Verizon has been great every time I've needed them. Although it sometimes takes talking to a few people. Time Warner cable has been awesome. They have gotten me new promo packages every time my current one's end. Sony has been good, as has Target.

The only real issues that I ever had is at Walmart. There have been a number of times I've had questions - mostly in electronics - where the employee had no clue what I was talking about and that's because Walmart tends to put people in departments they know absolutely nothing about. Which is stupid, but its walmart and I don't expect good customer service there.

I've had great experiences lately. Chili's to go gave me a near empty chili, posted a pic on FB and ended up with a gift card (they showed me all food there except the chili for some reason, and I didn't question it).

Verizon has called me up before to see if they can get my bill down.

Cox (cable) has been willing to get me deals that bring my bill down as well.

I don't threaten to cancel, just say it like it is when it's too expensive.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea we haven't had many issues really either. Just the usual up sell. We have Fios and had to call and dump the movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax) because we really weren't watching enough of them to justify paying for them. So we called and told them to remove them from our package. Then the night after we are looking for something to watch we noticed we lost like 6 extra channels that we already had prior to cancelling. So we called the next day and got the problem solved in like 15-20 minutes and got a $15 discount for losing those channels.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

So did the phone work today for your buyer?
Old 12-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #40
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Comcast phone customer service has ranged from completely inept and terrible to shockingly good.

Their social media was awesome.

Best experience of customer service I had was Enterprise. I screwed up everything from the reservation to the payment and they went above and beyond to help me out and hook me up. I wrote in about how positive that was. Seen the same guys since and they're mad cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »