Home

The Death of Customer Service...

This is a discussion on The Death of Customer Service... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The Death of Customer Service...

I had an issue with PlayStation. I swiped my debit for a game and immediately removed my info. That apparently puts a hold on your account by PlayStation. I called to have it removed because I wanted to swipe for another game and it kept blocking me. Guy said I had a hold and he emailed me some random support site on inputting my info correctly. That annoyed me because that was not the issue. Just remove my hold.

The guy ultimately sent me a link to Amazon to buy prepaid cards in the meantime. I was pretty annoyed and realized I was getting nowhere so I just moved on with life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 10:13 PM   #42
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

This is why I couldn't work customer service. I'd want to strangle everybody I meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #43
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
The Death of Customer Service...

This is on the customer, you just don't want to admit you're being lazy and want to complain. Also, chat services are a terrible way to try to get service or solutions. Call and talk to a human.

I had an issue this week with Amazon. I ordered the PS4 Slim at $269 with a free year of PS+ and then on Friday it lowered to $249 still with PS+.

Well Amazon doesn't price match but still didn't feel it was completely fair. (I didn't realize they didn't price match themselves until I called). The rep I spoke with wasn't very helpful, more so because his hands were tied with Amazon policies but told me to speak with a supervisor. Which I did and expressed my frustrations. As I told him, with knowing this policy it makes me feel almost at hostage with ordering in case a price drops and they should have a 3 day price match for Prime at least to cover the 2 days shipping and day ordered or received depending on timing. I never raised my voice. Never called them names. Just explained my feelings on the matter. The manager heard me out and said while they can't price match at all he liked my suggestion and appreciated while I was frustrated, "I spoke to him like an adult". He then gave me a $20 credit. And several times expressed that he wrote down my idea and will provide it to superiors and marketing because he said he agreed with it completely.

Now nothing will probably happen but we had a very nice discussion. I got my $20 difference back and wished him a very Merry Christmas as he did me. He even sent me a follow up email detailing my idea and what I had said to him.

End of the story, I was polite and explained what I felt. I figured it was worth a shot. And I got exactly what I wanted. Amazon's service is always excellent so I wasn't surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #44
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

ODogg is out of this thread, got shut down real quick
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 12-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
ODogg is out of this thread, got shut down real quick

Nah I got PSVR Friday so I've been quite busy playing it. I've made my arguments here already, any more and it's just pointless to continue to make the same arguments again and again.

Besides, the point of this thread was never this specific incident but rather the fact that most people expect customer service to be horrible and they put up with it.

In that sense I feel like my point has completely been made by the fact that so many of you choose to focus on my actions while giving the business a complete pass.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #46
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't think you really had a valid point and from reading this thread it doesn't sound like many empathize with you.

It's not their customer service you don't like, it's their policies and procedures.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #47
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Nah I got PSVR Friday so I've been quite busy playing it. I've made my arguments here already, any more and it's just pointless to continue to make the same arguments again and again.

Besides, the point of this thread was never this specific incident but rather the fact that most people expect customer service to be horrible and they put up with it.

In that sense I feel like my point has completely been made by the fact that so many of you choose to focus on my actions while giving the business a complete pass.

As someone who worked in retail during school, and as others in this thread have stated, you're much more likely to receive good help if there's some reciprocity shown as far as respect and attitude.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #48
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

Didn't many people comment on how polite and helpful this rep was with you? Still not sure how that is actually an example of either bad customer service or proving your point by giving them a pass.

You were looking for a reason to fight (for lack of a better word) from the moment you started the conversation with "did you find the request and it's just not done yet or did you not even find the request?" and it's everyone else's fault when they point out how poorly you approached this? That's stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »