Home

The Death of Customer Service...

This is a discussion on The Death of Customer Service... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Death of Customer Service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I don't think you really had a valid point and from reading this thread it doesn't sound like many empathize with you.

It's not their customer service you don't like, it's their policies and procedures.
it's their customer service that is at issue, not their policy. They admitted they erred. I dont' like the fact that their agent input an incorrect ticket and then when asked about it, they asked me to correct it instead of them correcting their own mistake.

Could I have been nicer? Sure, but that's besides the point. The point is that regardless of how nice I was they should fixed the situation without me having to demand it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 12-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHardaway
As someone who worked in retail during school, and as others in this thread have stated, you're much more likely to receive good help if there's some reciprocity shown as far as respect and attitude.
I completely agree, that is why if you read the chat although I'm demanding I also say please and thank you. I was definitely angry here but again, that is no excuse for them dropping the ball and asking that I fix their mistake.

And yes, I know a lot of you disagree with me in this particular situation, but again, this is not a thread about my particular issue, this is just an example of a symptomatic problem in customer service, that when you ask for assistance companies tend to just want you to go away and don't really care to go out of their way to try to actually help you.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 12-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Didn't many people comment on how polite and helpful this rep was with you? Still not sure how that is actually an example of either bad customer service or proving your point by giving them a pass.
Let me bring clarity to why it is bad customer service.

1. AT&T filed the wrong ticket for me.
2. When I asked about it they admitted they made a mistake.
3. They then didn't want to fix their mistake and asked me to fix it.

Doesn't matter if the rep was nice and I was mean, those are the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
You were looking for a reason to fight (for lack of a better word) from the moment you started the conversation with "did you find the request and it's just not done yet or did you not even find the request?" and it's everyone else's fault when they point out how poorly you approached this? That's stupid.
Your opinion. Here's how I see it...I was not looking for any sort of debate or argument. I was looking to have AT&T do what they said they'd do when I spoke to the first customer service rep and get my phone unlocked on 12/9. the fact that the rep incorrectly input the ticket and then the 2nd rep wanted to seem to act as if I should just fix their mistake and start over again is what changed the tone.

Also, my comment inquiring about whether or not the rep found my request was a legitimate question not an attempt to be snarky to the rep. From the agents response to my query it seemed to me as if she was saying there had been no unlock request filed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
This is on the customer, you just don't want to admit you're being lazy and want to complain. Also, chat services are a terrible way to try to get service or solutions. Call and talk to a human.
Horrible idea, calling leaves you without any record of what was said. And I use Amazon chat all the time resolve issues with their orders and have never had one iota of problem.

Not being lazy in the least, i followed up my initial chat with a second chat to verify they had my issue on track to resolution. It's a good thing I did the followup too because if not the phone may not have been unlocked on 12/9 like they had promised.

I'm looking to complain? Nope, I actually had given the first rep a 10/10 on the survey and gave him major props in the comments section. I can post that chat if you guys like.

I call it how I see it, if a company and a person gives me great customer service I am the first to give them props and "report" them to their manager for doing a good job. But I'm also going to do the same when a company fails.

That's the problem as to why most customer service is so crappy, the majority of people complain to their family and friends when they have issues instead of speaking up and letting the company know so they can correct their issues.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #53
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

10+ people from all different regions of the country and all different walks of life see it one way, you see it the other and you think you're in the right?

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 12-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #54
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Horrible idea, calling leaves you without any record of what was said. And I use Amazon chat all the time resolve issues with their orders and have never had one iota of problem.

Not being lazy in the least, i followed up my initial chat with a second chat to verify they had my issue on track to resolution. It's a good thing I did the followup too because if not the phone may not have been unlocked on 12/9 like they had promised.

I'm looking to complain? Nope, I actually had given the first rep a 10/10 on the survey and gave him major props in the comments section. I can post that chat if you guys like.

I call it how I see it, if a company and a person gives me great customer service I am the first to give them props and "report" them to their manager for doing a good job. But I'm also going to do the same when a company fails.

That's the problem as to why most customer service is so crappy, the majority of people complain to their family and friends when they have issues instead of speaking up and letting the company know so they can correct their issues.
How many issues do you have if you contact Amazon chat "all the time"?!

You really think chat gives you a paper trail? A company could say they don't have a record of your chat and you could easily edit the chat log to prove you're in the right. By calling, you're speaking to someone who can emphasize with you and work through the issue faster than them laughing at your chat log and knowing how upset you're getting but can't do anything about it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #55

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

You're really doubling down on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #56
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
it's their customer service that is at issue, not their policy. They admitted they erred. I dont' like the fact that their agent input an incorrect ticket and then when asked about it, they asked me to correct it instead of them correcting their own mistake.

Could I have been nicer? Sure, but that's besides the point. The point is that regardless of how nice I was they should fixed the situation without me having to demand it.
But you didn't even need to demand it. You didn't even give them a chance to "fix" anything. You got pissy right off the bat. All you had to do was explain that you had tried doing it yourself previously, but were unable to do it and that was why you contacted their customer service. You got totally bent out of shape when she (most likely) followed protocol and supplied you with the link to submit the request.

Yet, in the chat, you claim you have no idea how to unlock it. So, not only are you ordering her to do things, but you act incredulous when she asks you to submit the claim. Who knows what might have happened if you had done that. Perhaps you would have gotten it resolved within the hour, but you were unwilling to do anything other than get hung up on if the previous customer service rep had put in a Case # or a Request #.

I do not see where she needs to apologize. She could have, but honestly why would she? Especially to somebody that was being hostile. Yes, there seems to be some confusion on terminology, but I don't see how you were inconvenienced whatsoever here. As far as I can tell from the chat your phone was still on scheduled to be unlocked on the anticipated date that the first representative told you (which as I want to point out was never promised as you claim in the chat).

And just because you say please, thank you, yes ma'am, no ma'am doesn't mean you're not being a rude ****er.

There are PLENTY of examples of terrible customer service, but a customer getting bent out shape over a minor mix-up is not even close. I have to applaud her for not reciprocating your tone and hostility.

Last edited by Fresh Tendrils; 12-12-2016 at 01:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »