Home

Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Off-Topic within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #73

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I pretty much consider the school year over in February. February we get President's Day off and the Friday prior. We also have two work days that week (teachers only). Once March hits its track season and my ****s to give about school are gone by then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
School once March break rolled around was always better because there's light at the end of the tunnel. Weather warms up, it's not getting dark when school day is over, and less than 3 months left until summer vacation, though 2 months until people started checking out lol.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #74
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

At times I wish I was a teacher, but those times are only during Spring Break, Winter Break, or Summer Vacation...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #75

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
At times I wish I was a teacher, but those times are only during Spring Break, Winter Break, or Summer Vacation...
I wouldn't mind being a teacher too........as long as I didn't have to deal with troublesome kids, attitudes, parents, discipline or students who want better explanations on material lol.

I had a teacher who was in it just for the vacations. His classes were basically nothing classes where he'd just talk about what he needed, gave easy tests, and basically let everyone do what they wanted. He was a big, intimidating guy too who could put people in their place, call them out, and have 14+ language comebacks for anyone who tried him. Basically everyone knew that about him. Was fun though, but luckily wasn't my homeroom teacher because it was basically "inmates running the asylum".

Last edited by Majingir; 01-08-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #76
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I won't lie that the schedule is a great perk about being a teacher. Gets me to still coach softball and such as well.

Though I also teach summer school, so it's not like I have that off... and you can forget thinking about the fact that it's not an 18-hour job per weekday when you consider grading, prepping, and responding to the influx of e-mails from students, parents, and department heads. It's not like it's an ongoing thing, but you certainly have to consider yourself "on call" at any given moment. That's why I'm always by my computer (and why I can always be on OS haha).

I just love the teaching. There are some kids who take away from it at times, but they are also the ones you want to impact the most, so it's a bittersweet inclusion for sure.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #77
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Best profession ever. I miss it everyday and I hate that it was stolen from me because of my accident. It can be a thankless job, but also the most rewarding job ever. The time off was always a time to recharge my batteries. I ran the student council, coached basketball and baseball and was the regional conveyor for boys baseball, so needless to say it was exhausting on top of teaching.

Side note. I actually coached the last female athlete to play baseball with the boys team. They grandfathered it in for her. See was a decent ball player and a very good person. Loved her family and also coached her younger brother.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #78
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

How do you pronounce the word “avatar?”

I say it like A-vatar. My buddy made fun of me because he says it Av-atar.

I suspect most people didn’t know or use the word before social media and the movies.

I don’t know what the correct pronunciation, but that’s how my brother said it back in the day playing that old ***, text based computer game Avatar (originally from ‘77 but more mid-80s and 90s) and it stuck with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #79
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
How do you pronounce the word “avatar?”

I say it like A-vatar. My buddy made fun of me because he says it Av-atar.

I suspect most people didn’t know or use the word before social media and the movies.

I don’t know what the correct pronunciation, but that’s how my brother said it back in the day playing that old ***, text based computer game Avatar (originally from ‘77 but more mid-80s and 90s) and it stuck with me.

Mark it down for Av-atar for me.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 01-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #80
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Av-atar.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/avatar

Quote:
[av-uh-tahr, av-uh-tahr]

Closed Thread