Home

Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Off-Topic within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #2121

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
There’s a 7 year old making 8 figures a year to open up and review Toys on YouTube.

Is the hustle THAT easy now? Like...how Sway?
It is. It's to the point that I'm pretty sure actors are starting channels doing this type of stuff pretending to be legit. Or at least they come across that way lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #2122
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

It's wild. My two older nieces are 7 and 6. The past couple times we've all been at the grandparents house they've had their nose stuck to their tablets watching kids on YouTube. One was a series with a small girl and her "family" doing random activities like making ****ing candy pizza. I'd be surprised if any of it was real.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #2123
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
There’s a 7 year old making 8 figures a year to open up and review Toys on YouTube.

Is the hustle THAT easy now? Like...how Sway?
This blew my mind when I first heard it, like I figured it was a joke about some kinda clerical error in someone's financial department, but no, this is somehow a real thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
It's wild. My two older nieces are 7 and 6. The past couple times we've all been at the grandparents house they've had their nose stuck to their tablets watching kids on YouTube. One was a series with a small girl and her "family" doing random activities like making ****ing candy pizza. I'd be surprised if any of it was real.
I'm skeptical of all the "reaction" videos, I mean cmon, why are you filming someone's reaction if you aren't expecting a big celebration, and you're expecting that celebration because you told them to flip out for the camera

Last edited by l3ulvl; 12-11-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:28 AM   #2124
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Off-Topic 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
You out in the Philippines, right? Doesn’t surprise me you’d see some interesting lights in the sky in that region.

How’s the light pollution at your resort? My mental image is it’s free of lights everywhere, but I’m probably off base. I’ve never actually been to a tropical resort.

I’m actually in Manila right now, my gf is on her last month before she gives birth to my daughter and the light pollution of course is terrible here.

In El Nido, it’s amazing. I can clearly see Milky Way and it’s just blanketed with stars when the sky is clear. I see shooting stars and meteor showers all the time but this one I saw was way different.

Honestly after watching Christmas Chronicles it could be Kurt Russell doing a practice run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

Last edited by RockinDaMike; 12-12-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:35 AM   #2125
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Off-Topic 2018

I was in the toy industry and these influencers are BIG TIME. It’s amazing to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils

This is my fear LOL. Kids stuck to their tablets watching other kids open up toys.

Trying to navigate when it’s appropriate to introduce phones, tablets, technology to growing children is tough. It’s quite a balance between allowing them to use the tools at their disposal while also making sure there’s a limit and that the real world is still where we spend our lives. There’s been this technological explosion the last 30 years and we don’t really know how this has or will affect the generations to come.

I almost put a tablet in the amazon cart for my son. My wife had doubts so I immediately pulled it out. Her concern is if he gets his OWN thing (we watch on OUR phones or TV), how can we pull him off that. My response was it may be his but it’s ours in the grand scheme. Throw a tantrum because you didn’t get to use the tablet today. You gonna learn what it means to go without. It is easy to slip them your phone and play a game/watch a show but that will only screw you over as a parent down the line. My motto is take the hit today (be strict on time limits) and save yourself a lifetime of embarrassment (a bratty child).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 12-12-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #2126

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I've never called in sick at my current job before(and in past jobs, I've been able to just take days off in advance whenever, or just text) , but tonight I had to actually call. I got a long automated response from the extension I called . Once that message was done, I heard a beep. Nowhere in the response did it say to leave a message, and the extension wasn't specifically for phoning in sick, but I'm just guessing that beep was a voicemail beep?

Hopefully I don't wake up to a voicemail asking where I am /stating I never called.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:01 PM   #2127
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I've never called in sick at my current job before(and in past jobs, I've been able to just take days off in advance whenever, or just text) , but tonight I had to actually call. I got a long automated response from the extension I called . Once that message was done, I heard a beep. Nowhere in the response did it say to leave a message, and the extension wasn't specifically for phoning in sick, but I'm just guessing that beep was a voicemail beep?

Hopefully I don't wake up to a voicemail asking where I am /stating I never called.
Can you send an email/text to your boss?

I would do that as well and then note in it that you did call and left a voicemail. Just to CYA.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:51 AM   #2128
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

Reminds me of when I worked at UPS in my college days and kept accidentally dialing the wrong number to call in. It was still a UPS number, but I was connecting to a higher up who didn't appreciate it

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »