Home

2018 Fitness Challenge

This is a discussion on 2018 Fitness Challenge within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #57
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2018 Fitness Challenge

First time in a while I've felt good about my fitness level. Been going to the gym 2-3 times a week hitting all of the food groups, and have been back playing rugby since late February. .

I still have a long way to go in regards to my goals, but I feel great overall
Old 05-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #58
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Since starting, and despite having "bad" days, I have dropped from 236 LBS down to just under 218 LBS (217.8)

I'm not going to lie, this feels really good. And I haven't really been that committed to a proper routine, as I still eat fast food at times or snack on junk food. But I am walking/jogging and once the weather really warms up where I can do yard work, I expect to lose more.

Feeling good about myself. This is just the beginning, as I need to lose a hell of a lot more to be healthy, but this is a good start considering I'm not the most committed person.

Update

I’m down to 204!

I still have long way to go (170 is target) but seeing this weight loss despite still having bad days is motivation to keep going.

With working in the yard, chasing my son around the yard, and watching what I eat, minus bad days, I feel that I can get really close to my goal of being 170 by October.

Fit for 40 is my motto! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #59
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Great work, guys!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-08-2018, 09:28 PM   #60
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Went walking with a couple friends from workand my father Saturday and it was pretty good. We went to a local high school track and did a real fast walk. My dad took it much slower and said he will walk at his own pace as he hasn't been walking much.

Both friends and myself did about 4 miles and the younger one and myself actually jogged the last half of the track. Afterward my father and I went to Sports Academy cause I wanted some good running shoes.

bought these for myself

Spoiler

and bought these for my father

Spoiler

So along with my bike exercise will be walking and hopefully running soon. Going to buy some 20 lbs dumb bells to work with also.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #61
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Got up at 6 yesterday morning trying to beat the heat here in Louisiana. Did 9 miles on the mountain bike and felt so good afterwards I decided to play a round of golf. Needless to say I'm pooped and feeling it today at work but man what great day!!
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #62
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
Got up at 6 yesterday morning trying to beat the heat here in Louisiana. Did 9 miles on the mountain bike and felt so good afterwards I decided to play a round of golf. Needless to say I'm pooped and feeling it today at work but man what great day!!
That is a full day!

It's officially too hot here to run in the afternoon/evenings; went out last night around 6 p.m. and even with some shade and a breeze it was a struggle. Thankfully we have a pool so I could jump in that and cool off. I'll have to start setting the alarm for 4:30 and getting out the door by 5 if I want to exercise outdoors.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #63
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
That is a full day!

It's officially too hot here to run in the afternoon/evenings; went out last night around 6 p.m. and even with some shade and a breeze it was a struggle. Thankfully we have a pool so I could jump in that and cool off. I'll have to start setting the alarm for 4:30 and getting out the door by 5 if I want to exercise outdoors.
Yeah I should've gotten up earlier so I could be at the trailhead right at sunrise. The mornings are'nt to bad yet, still in mid to low 60's at night and early morning but high 70 's at night and 100* days with 100% humidity are right around the corner.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 05-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

My wife and I just switched gyms, from a local Wisconsin gym(Xperience Fitness) to a national Planet Fitness.

My wife wanted to make the switch because she was on the lowered tiered plan at Xperience Fitness and I was on the higher tiered plan. 10 bucks/month and 20 bucks/month. She couldn't work out at a place near her work or they would charge her.

So, both of us joined the local PF on the 20 dollar plan. I know PF has had their day in the sun with marketing and bodybuilders, but it's really not that bad of a place. The DB weights only go up to 75lbs, but that is plenty for me. There are stations to do squats, dead lifts, etc...I haven't been introduced to their pizza night or bagel morning yet, but I will easily bypass those items. On a positive note, I haven't heard the lunker alarm go off, either. lol.

The only thing Xperience Fitness has over over PF is a pool(which I never used in 5 years) and exercise classes.

I love the Hydromassage Bed at PF after a workout, who needs stretching anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »