Home

Longest standing members.

This is a discussion on Longest standing members. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #57
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Longest standing members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
TJ has moved on to Twitter.
Hmm...that makes sense. I started a twitter account earlier this year, but have just never used it. It does seem like most of the "game" discussion for real sports has moved to twitter. This place used to be alive on college football Saturdays/NFL Sundays. The NBA forum is one that is still pretty alive and baseball does okay, but the football forum is a shadow of what it used to be activity wise.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
We should get a special color for being here so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Truthfully, some people all ready have a strange sense of entitlement on OS based on tenure without another special name color lol.

Just my .02 cents without making it personal. We couldn’t even have a Supporters only forum for a while because the way people act.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #59
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Talking about members/mods from the past has me wondering...whatever became of TJDASportsguy? He was huge on here back in the day and I don't think I've seen/heard a thing from him in a decade or so.

I also think it's interesting how my usage of OS has evolved...when I joined I played video games. I now use it purely for the sports talk and haven't purchased a video game in nearly a decade. It is the most well modded site I've found with great people/discussion and I can't see myself NOT being involved.
Maybe he finally realized that he can't drive his cars into the ocean anymore.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #60
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Longest standing members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Along with MM I also frequented Thunderpuck and Baseball Sim Central, if you're looking for a few more blasts from the past.

Is Hellisan still active here? If so I think they've got us all beat.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ThunderPuck alum here too. I do recognize some old names from those days on here from time to time.

SegaSports forums, 2khockey.net (when TP closed down), NFL2kx.com... but OS stuck. I never grew out of playing sports video games and being a little more gung ho about it then any of my friends.

This site has always been a slice of the internet that doesn’t seem as infected with BS, with great conversation and over the years a place to come to to vent, read, learn, and share. Not to be cheesey, but OS has added a bit more to my life that 99% of people will never have or experience. Pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #61
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Maybe he finally realized that he can't drive his cars into the ocean anymore.

"It was a puddle guys."

I haven't really been active here on the forums as much as my high school days, even in my college days my only involvement was trying to help with the show rosters until I joined the military. Heck I think 80% or more of my posts were from before 2010. Do we still do April Fool's Pranks here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 09:38 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I lurked OS and MM back in the early 2000s(didn't Madden Mania have a big Madden 2005 PC section?) , officially joined either late 03 or early 04, I remember ESPN College Hoops was what got me coming around a lot. Then once 2k5 dropped, it sealed the deal. I had some OS issues with voicing my opinion of Madden. Stayed gone for a couple years while in college, then in 2008 I asked permission from Steve if I could come back. A decade later, and many many memories. I still kinda miss Goh though

Blacklover memory cards, damn that's a throw back!!

Last edited by Phobia; 09-04-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #63
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I still remember sending off a memory card to blacklover for ncaa rosters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Like so many others, joined for the NCAA football rosters. That was 16 years ago....wow. I remember making it onto the Top 10 for long standing members that still weren't in blue. Blzer hooked me up.

RIP to the OS Babes thread(s). Those were pretty lively.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:02 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Cook, Clay, Bdunn, Bryan who I believe had a rotating Transformers avatar. Lots of dudes over the years. I know they don't post here anymore but I sure hope those guys are alive and well. Unfortunately we really have no idea.
I know Clay is alive. I follow him on some other social media.

He has a podcast.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...st/id808843416

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
My join date is 10/11/02. But was here before that because if some yall remember O.S. Shut down and went out of business but was brought back so I had to re-sign back up. Thats why you dont see anything earlier then July 2002 but was around before that. I remember madden Mania slightly i keep thinking it was around in some form or fashion in maybe 1999. Steve will have to answer that. I found OS thru ign and Gamespot. Also, this site needs a wiki page.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
It shut down? As far as I remember they just switched servers or whatever and couldn't carry over the stats from the old forums. That's why a lot of us have the same join date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Talking about members/mods from the past has me wondering...whatever became of TJDASportsguy? He was huge on here back in the day and I don't think I've seen/heard a thing from him in a decade or so.

I also think it's interesting how my usage of OS has evolved...when I joined I played video games. I now use it purely for the sports talk and haven't purchased a video game in nearly a decade. It is the most well modded site I've found with great people/discussion and I can't see myself NOT being involved.
I think TJ is still in talk/sports radio.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Brandwin; 09-05-2018 at 07:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »