Home

Christmas 2018

This is a discussion on Christmas 2018 within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #17
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Christmas 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Just bought our tickets to see the new Grinch movie tonight. My son is super excited.
We are going tomorrow as well. It will be my daughter's first movie at a theatre. She also recently found out that she LOVES popcorn. She gets that from her Momma She's really excited about going to watch it and eat popcorn.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #18
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
LOL....no one loves Christmas more than mike24!

Was running some routine/mundane errands the other day, and while waiting around to complete a return/exchange, I noticed XMas music on. I thought to myself, "huh - Christmas music already?", but then I realized it's actually not that far away. Fast year.

Also a sure sign of the holidays - Hallmark Channel has gone DEFCON 1 on the Christmas movies. 24-7 through the new year, all day, every day. It's like the Hallmark Channel Superbowl. In fact, I'll revise my earlier statement - maybe the only people that love the holiday season more than mike24 is Hallmark Channel!
My PVR is at 50% because of all the chessy romantic Christmas movies. I record them mostly for my wife, that being said you better believe I watch a lot of them with her.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm starting to really get excited this year for some reason. I usually don't get excited this early and usually don't even put up our tree till sometime in December. But this year I've actually wanted to put it up already.

But of course my really awesome wife...ugh...tells me I have to wait till Thanksgiving night. I love our tree. We just got it last year and it has a bunch of different lighting options. It looks so nice in our living room lit up with all the other lights off. It's just a nice feeling.

So yeah, I'm pretty excited this year.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:28 AM   #20

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Parade this weekend, then it's ok to go full Christmas mode.

I started "scouting" spots to put up tree lol. It's a new fake one, so it's bigger and wider, which is an issue since the wider it is, more space it takes up. Might just try to half put it up. Leave back part unopened and pushed against wall, but half facing out is normal.

Week from today is when I plan on putting it up, and other things if I can.

No major "party" until after Christmas, so that'll kill part of the season. Especially since that's where most presents I get/give happen.

But Christmas with little kid around is definitely more fun. Will get more fun as years go on, but nice knowing that for next decade+, this special feeling having a kid around in some shape or form for Christmas will be fun. Much better than what it has meant lately with people I know obviously getting older and steering less away from what Christmas used to mean and turned more into the obligatory "It's Christmas, so I guess I have to give you something. Here's money or a giftcard."
Old 11-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #21
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

I'm looking forward to the Santa Claus Parade this Sunday. Canadian Tire is entering the largest float in the parades history. I think my daughter will really get a kick out of it this year.

The renovations are getting closer to finishing so we will put up the tree in my den. It is going to look good with the new fireplace and mantle that we have installed. This is the latest I have decorated my tree in the den. I can't wait until it is up.

My Christmas shopping is pretty much done and all I have to do is my wife's stocking. I always do that closer to Christmas. I also need to stay off of Amazon. I keep buying toys for my daughter.

This weekend my family is getting together to do the annual Homemade Christmas Decoration painting party. We all look forward to it.

I know it is getting closer to Christmas because I get my Dad texting me about what to get my Mom. He was looking at getting her a new tablet, so it was an flood of texts about which one to get and if I think she will like it. God bless him, he loves Christmas as much as I do and you can tell he's excited about getting it for her.

I hope all is going well for you Gentlemen and that you are not getting stressed out about this glorious holiday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 02:59 AM   #22
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I hope all is going well for you Gentlemen and that you are not getting stressed out about this glorious holiday.
Man, I haven't even thought about it yet.

I'm sure I mentioned this in other year's threads, but I can't mentally switch over until after Thanksgiving dinner at the earliest. Once I get that out of the way, I'm all in on Christmas though.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:58 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Mike, I seriously started looking for this thread around the beginning of the month.

If you aren't in the spirit, just look at this thread.

A Merry Christmas to everyone's families in this thread and at OS.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #24
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Mike, I seriously started looking for this thread around the beginning of the month.

If you aren't in the spirit, just look at this thread.

A Merry Christmas to everyone's families in this thread and at OS.
That's one of the nicest compliments you could give me. My family says the same thing. Merry Christmas brother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »