Home

2019 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2019 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2019 Fitness Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
How's everyone enjoying the new year, new me crowd ?

I had some time between work and class yesterday so went by the gym to do some cardio around 4:30... freakin' mad house.

I'll just have to start getting up at 4:15am regardless of what day it is because I would rather workout in the morning. I also think this is the price I pay for going to Planet Fitness because it's dirt cheap.
Yeah, January is always a rough month for regular gym-goers. The MMA/kickboxing class I take typically has 10-15 people in it and last week, we were close to 30. It was nuts. I know it'll die down in a couple of weeks, but it is frustrating in the short term.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't do gyms mainly because the closes one to my house is about 25 minutes away. Paying a membership and being dedicated enough to go often enough to validate the membership fees isn't something I feel confident in myself doing.

So I work out around the house. I have weights and I have a little over 3 acres of land, so I'll run/walk around my property line.

I wish there was a gym closer because I know the machinery there would be more beneficial to a workout routine then what I have at home, but it is what it is.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't do gyms mainly because the closes one to my house is about 25 minutes away. Paying a membership and being dedicated enough to go often enough to validate the membership fees isn't something I feel confident in myself doing.

So I work out around the house. I have weights and I have a little over 3 acres of land, so I'll run/walk around my property line.

I wish there was a gym closer because I know the machinery there would be more beneficial to a workout routine then what I have at home, but it is what it is.
You gotta do with what you have. I honestly think Calisthenics and Yoga routines are just as if not more beneficial in a lot of ways.

That's almost exclusively what I did the entire time I was in the Navy and I weighed 35lbs less back in 2013 then what I do now. I hide the weight really easy because of my frame, but it's there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
How's everyone enjoying the new year, new me crowd ?

I had some time between work and class yesterday so went by the gym to do some cardio around 4:30... freakin' mad house.

I'll just have to start getting up at 4:15am regardless of what day it is because I would rather workout in the morning. I also think this is the price I pay for going to Planet Fitness because it's dirt cheap.
Or 24-Hour Fitness, or any nationwide cheap(er) gym. They're all kind of ghetto, unless you really want to spend a ton of money at somewhere like Equinox, which is crazy IMO but to each his own. I go to the most ghetto 24-hour Fitness imaginable, which is saying something since that chain isn't exactly known for top-flight quality, but the fact of the matter is its like 5 minutes from where I live so it's the only one I'd go to consistently. As they say, the best gym is the one you go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Having 3 acres is better than any gym (!). Whatever workout you do on your property is great, and likely a lot more scenic and pleasant than a stinky cramped gym. Repeating myself here, but as a corollary to trite saying above, the best workout is the one you actually do.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am down another pound!!!! 3 pounds in 11 days!

Wow...this losing weight thing is easy...

Seriously while it feels good to see the pounds falling off so quickly, I know this is the fat on top of the fat, and is the easiest to lose. But losing the weight, sticking to my gameplan, is motivation to keep going.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

The New Years resolution rush seemed to die off early at my gym but it could be due to the time I go (9am so after the pre-work folks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2019, 10:23 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

I just started a diet this morning. Just 3 meals a day, no snacks lots of water. Gonna walk more inside and outside each day. With my cerbel pasty this will be tough but worth it. I’m also using MyFitnessPal to log food intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life is wonderful so get out and enjoy it!

Playing: FIFA 16, EA Sports UFC 2, WWE 2K16, MLB The Show 16

Consoles: PS4 Xbox 360 PS2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ever since I ran my 4:59 mile in October, I haven't done crap. Motivation is a bitch.

Honestly, I think the problem was Red Dead 2.

Hopefully I'll be jumping into it again soon!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »