Home

OS stock investing thread

This is a discussion on OS stock investing thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #33
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: OS stock investing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
For me, this is an opportunity to get into some stocks for the long term.

I'm still mostly an index fund player, but I expect to get into Apple, United and Exxon at a certain point in the coming weeks.
I just did this recently after wanting to do this for awhile, but never had the extra funds to do so. Starting off with Lockheed and Microsoft buying on a monthly basis.

Plus, in June I'll be granted some CoStar stock. So should have a well-rounded basis.

Old 03-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #34
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I'm a massive cruise fan and own stock and now isn't the time to buy with all that's going on. Long-term everything will be fine once this blows over because the cruising crowd isn't going to stop. The 3 stocks are all at a 52 week low. I keep a close eye on this so I'll let everyone know when I think its bottomed out.
CCL under $15 now! RCL at $30!

How much lower do you think these will go? The prospect of buying in at these prices is very tempting.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:22 PM   #35
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
CCL under $15 now! RCL at $30!

How much lower do you think these will go? The prospect of buying in at these prices is very tempting.
Don’t buy them just yet as rumors suggest they could cancel all cruises for the next 2 months. If they do that the stock will go down some more. They have been a few do it so far like Princess (owned by carnival), MSC and a smaller Private line. Princess is the cruise line for old people so it makes sense to cancel those. Most ships switch over on Saturday/Sunday So waiting till at least Monday allows for anymore potential bad press to come out if something happens.

Within the last few minutes CCL has updated their policy and going above and beyond to keep their customers happy. I do think next week could be the bottom as the news has shifted away from cruise lines and on to things like sports and school closings.

The client base of cruisers aren’t phased by the virus and nothing is going to Stop them from cruising long term. The company really isn’t out $ as you just move that toward another cruise. The customers understand as none of this is the lines vault and they throw in credits for a sign of good will.

Incase you didn’t know the family that started / chair of CCL also owns the Miami Heat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #36
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Don’t buy them just yet as rumors suggest they could cancel all cruises for the next 2 months. If they do that the stock will go down some more. They have been a few do it so far like Princess (owned by carnival), MSC and a smaller Private line. Princess is the cruise line for old people so it makes sense to cancel those. Most ships switch over on Saturday/Sunday So waiting till at least Monday allows for anymore potential bad press to come out if something happens.

Within the last few minutes CCL has updated their policy and going above and beyond to keep their customers happy. I do think next week could be the bottom as the news has shifted away from cruise lines and on to things like sports and school closings.

The client base of cruisers aren’t phased by the virus and nothing is going to Stop them from cruising long term. The company really isn’t out $ as you just move that toward another cruise. The customers understand as none of this is the lines vault and they throw in credits for a sign of good will.

Incase you didn’t know the family that started / chair of CCL also owns the Miami Heat.
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:55 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 14

Yeah it tempting to jump into the market right now but knowing that alot things will be canceled or shutdown within the next few weeks, could be produce more drops.
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 03-13-2020, 04:37 PM   #38
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Thanks for the info.
Quick update RCL (also NCL) just announced they have suspended sailings for 30 days. CCL is still the only one that hasn't canceled and If I had to guess that will happen over the next 24 hours.

The positive news when Trump and others was asked about the industry in the press conference they had positive things to say. They didn't throw them under the bus like the state department did which caused a crazy amount of bad press.

I would expect them to drop Monday and then maybe tuesday would be the time to buy if no more bad news comes out over the weekend.

Last edited by georgiafan; 03-13-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:49 PM   #39
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

Big bounce today. Aftermarket DOW futures up 1,700 pts. We may of missed out by not buying on Thursday.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #40
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

The market isn't reacting well to the Fed's rate cut announcement. It's gonna be another blood bath tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »