Home

Christmas Thread 2019 “Hallmark Style”

This is a discussion on Christmas Thread 2019 “Hallmark Style” within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #41

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Christmas Thread 2019 “Hallmark Style”

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #42
All Star

OVR: 13

Oh, fudge.....here we go. Mike off the leash for the XMas season, setting it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Reported thread to mods as off topic and too early.
LOL.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:51 PM   #43
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
On a happier note, any gift suggestions this year? Last year I just got any younger family members some family board games(mainly old school ones that were more popular back when I was their age, mainly in hopes it would become a family tradition like mine where they break out some board games for even just one week a year to play).
Which games? I know Hasbro has a "Retro Series" line for old versions of some of their board games if you wanted to try again this year. I don't own any, but they look well-produced if you want to try something with a nostalgic feel.

Most of them are based off versions that were before my time but those were also the ones that I played because my grandparents kept that kind of stuff around for, like you said, the family gatherings.

Quote:
As for me, it's my annual "what do I want/need" stuff. Best I can think of is getting myself a new snowblower. My current snowblower still works, but it's old and isn't big, which is almost pointless since I shovel snow myself if it isn't too high anyways, and if it too much to shovel, the snowblower height is lower than the amount of snow.
That reminds me...it's that time of year when my mom asks what i want for Christmas. ...so I have to explain how I'm 34 and just buy my own crap throughout the year. She'll do the parent thing and get me some clothing, and I'll throw a couple Blu-ray or book ideas at her so she can feel like she got me a "fun" gift. My siblings and I are all too old now and she just misses the little kid days. Dad probably misses parts of those days but doesn't really show it, haha.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Which games? I know Hasbro has a "Retro Series" line for old versions of some of their board games if you wanted to try again this year. I don't own any, but they look well-produced if you want to try something with a nostalgic feel.

Most of them are based off versions that were before my time but those were also the ones that I played because my grandparents kept that kind of stuff around for, like you said, the family gatherings.

That reminds me...it's that time of year when my mom asks what i want for Christmas. ...so I have to explain how I'm 34 and just buy my own crap throughout the year. She'll do the parent thing and get me some clothing, and I'll throw a couple Blu-ray or book ideas at her so she can feel like she got me a "fun" gift. My siblings and I are all too old now and she just misses the little kid days. Dad probably misses parts of those days but doesn't really show it, haha.
this is why you give her grandchildren.
be fruitful and multiply lol

A Work in Progress
Old 11-11-2019, 10:24 PM   #45

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

I already did some of the Hasbro games last year. Trying to mix it up this year instead of just getting diff games each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #46
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

With Toronto's first real snowfall of the year, I decided that I should take a photo of the house when I finished shoveling. It was absolutely beautiful outside tonight. I love the sound on a snowy evening. So silent.20191111_223534.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N970W using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by mike24forever; 11-11-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #47
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm having a terrible time of finding reasonably priced (and looking) pajamas/union suits. We're installing a gas log set in our fireplace so we'll actually have a "fire" this year for Christmas. Would be great to cozy up and do presents (and Christmas spirits).

Speaking of spirits - Mad Elf is already on the shelf around here for you beer drinkers. I'ts delicious and has a bit of a buzz after two.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #48
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I'm having a terrible time of finding reasonably priced (and looking) pajamas/union suits. We're installing a gas log set in our fireplace so we'll actually have a "fire" this year for Christmas. Would be great to cozy up and do presents (and Christmas spirits).

Speaking of spirits - Mad Elf is already on the shelf around here for you beer drinkers. I'ts delicious and has a bit of a buzz after two.
My wife has a site she goes to for amazing Christmas pj’s. When she comes home, I’ll ask her.

I know there is a retro Christmas store in Oakville, let me see if I can find the website. I’ll be right back.

https://www.retrofestive.ca/ I have yet to go myself, but we are going this season. I follow them on Twitter and they get good reviews. Hope this helps.

Last edited by mike24forever; 11-12-2019 at 11:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »