Home

2020 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2020 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #81
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2020 Fitness Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Bottom line is no matter what happens tomorrow, you got out there and ran today. Pat yourself on the back.
For sure.

At any rate, definitely feeling it in my knees and feet still. Possibly even shins, but I wouldn't know unless I started running.

I cycled on my powerless bike for 45 minutes yesterday, just "because." Definitely isn't a workout though. Ain't running today, but I might try tomorrow morning.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #82
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
For sure.

At any rate, definitely feeling it in my knees and feet still. Possibly even shins, but I wouldn't know unless I started running.

I cycled on my powerless bike for 45 minutes yesterday, just "because." Definitely isn't a workout though. Ain't running today, but I might try tomorrow morning.
Yeah, you definitely want to listen to your body and not ignore pain. Pounding the pavement with your joints is really not healthy, as everyone knows. If you can get a workout with lower-impact stuff, it might help.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #83
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Pat's Run was a good experience - glad I was able to participate in the virtual event. Ran the 4.2 miles over a minute faster than my 2019 time. Certainly not having to maneuver around hundreds of people on the course helps, although running an event solo does mean you miss out on people cheering you on or finding that person in front of you to chase down, so in the end I think my time was just a good reflection of where my overall fitness is at.

We had a really nice day yesterday and managed to get in nearly 6 miles. Earlier in the week I ran close to 5 miles and also got out on a 15-mile gravel bike ride. With the weather moving into spring conditions here, going to try and keep up a consistent 4-5 days a week schedule of running/biking.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #84
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quite a while since I posted in here... Missing the gym at work, but I can get by at home. Aside from not being able to do heavy lifts of course, but I'm a lousy powerlifter anyway. I'm up about five pounds, most of which is around my waist I fear. Definitely drinking more beer and moving less working at home. Looking forward to better weather to get out and hike. Also trying to start doing focused core workouts regularly, something I've put off for far too long. Made it through a round of a Scott Herman one... Then he said to do 2-3 more. Ha.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #85
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Realized there's a 10-minute abs workout in Fitbit coach on my Ionic. Bicycles, planks, leg raises, mountain climbers, windshield wipers (oof). Pairs up nicely with the bodyweight legs 10 min Scott Herman/Anabolic Aliens workout for an active rest day between lifting. Got the whole family out for a hike on Mother's day but haven't been out since. Maybe this weekend with the extra day off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2020, 07:41 PM   #86
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Some gyms started opening back up here a couple weeks ago here in Louisiana. A friend of mine does Cross fit so I went to class with him on Thursday.

So freaking sore after not working out for the last 6 weeks or so other than riding my mountain bike.

I really liked it though but it looks like my gym is about to open back up. Little undecided whether I'll go back or start doing crossfit. The CF is a lot more expensive and you're on their schedule. They have open gym but it's only for an hour each day. My gym fits my work schedule better and is a lot cheaper but man I did enjoy the workout or at least the satisfaction afterwards. Lol
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 05-31-2020, 08:42 PM   #87
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Decided to do the Runner's World run streak - 41 consecutive days of running at least 1 mile a day. Finished Day 7 today and logged close to 16 miles in the first week. Legs feel good overall; I've been stretching longer to make sure I don't tighten up from the extra useage.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #88
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
Some gyms started opening back up here a couple weeks ago here in Louisiana. A friend of mine does Cross fit so I went to class with him on Thursday.

So freaking sore after not working out for the last 6 weeks or so other than riding my mountain bike.

I really liked it though but it looks like my gym is about to open back up. Little undecided whether I'll go back or start doing crossfit. The CF is a lot more expensive and you're on their schedule. They have open gym but it's only for an hour each day. My gym fits my work schedule better and is a lot cheaper but man I did enjoy the workout or at least the satisfaction afterwards. Lol
I think the old chestnut about the best gym being the one you go to probably fits here.

Although I also found CrossFit to be way too expensive for what it is offering, at least during my brief foray into that particular "enthusiast" group (some might call it a cult LOL )

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »