Home

2020 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2020 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #25
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2020 Fitness Adventures

Temperature was in the 50's today, so was able to get my first outdoor run in over 3 weeks in, and it was great. Nearly 4 miles at a 9:20 pace (still some lingering snow/ice on the park trail, so had to ease off in sections). Definitely felt good to be exercising outdoors.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #26
Underrated

PadresFan's Arena

OVR: 7

I’ve been monitoring this thread for awhile and reading about everyone’s progress. Thought I’d finally contribute...

I’ve made it a part of my daily routine to do cardio. I’ve had three back surgeries with my most recent one being last September to remove hardware from my previous fusion surgery. Once I started feeling better, I began walking about an hour a day. Also, been eating better. Now, I’ve progressed to being able to jog 3-4 miles at a time with NO pain. I still have lingering pain especially when I wake up or sitting too long. But overall, this is the best I’ve felt pain-wise in over 10 years when all this stuff started. There is no doubt the cardio has alleviated a lot of my pain...

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 02-06-2020, 10:30 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

In 2020, I intend to:
- attend the gym 3 times a week
- go swimming 2 times a week
Old 02-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #28
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

For me it's not a workout program , it's a lifestyle change.

It's 2020 , just turned 60, at this point I'm just trying to stay alive. 45 years drumming , 40 years painting climbing up and down ladders , body has held up ok but there is some joint pain setting in. No working out for me just clean eating with the occasional "treat meal" tossed in. Had a fisherman's platter on super bowl Sunday. I used to be able to down the entire thing in one sitting now I get 3 meals out of it.

I made the decision in May 2019 to change my eating habits. Nothing like sitting in front of the T.V. binge watching Netflix and downing a 15oz can of UTZ potato stix followed by a family size bag of Smartfood cheese popcorn all washed down with several cans of coke. For dinner how about Chinese food , KFC or Popeye's , Pizza , 5 guys burgers, every night of the week. Yep I ate it all and way to much. For instance a typical KFC order for me would be 12 crispy strips and a box of potato wedges. A trip the the Chinese food restaurant for a take out order would easily cost me $50.00 or more.

At some point it had to stop so I did it. I went from eating all that crap to eating healthy meals I prepare myself and most importantly normal portions.
Now instead of potato stix or chips I have a small bowl of fresh fruit. Instead of KFC I'll have a piece of baked chicken with a baked potato and a side of veggies. It hasn't been easy , more than once I've hit the drive through a Burger King and chowed down on a couple whoppers and fries. It's easier now that more time has passed. I just had to retrain my brain. I used to eat for pleasure , now I eat for survival.

Since age 50 I've weighed between 240 and 260. 5'10" at 260 is effing fat I'll tell you. Just changing my bad eating habits I'm now at 212. Even now at 212 I'm still way overweight but the difference in everything I do is amazing. Got sick of being that overweight , started taking a toll on my ability to do my job. Painting is very physical. 37 more pounds to go and I'll be good at 175. Don't want to get any lighter then that , it would be to easy to knock me over. I figure I should be able to shed that 37 by the end of the year.

Stay motivated.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #29
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, portion control is just as important as what you're eating. Heck, you can eat McDonald's if you want if you keep your portions under control.

Most nights I don't go back for seconds when I did pretty normally. Its pretty amazing how quickly you'll notice the change once you try to eat more - I've noticed I become full a lot quicker than I used to.

Old 02-07-2020, 09:08 PM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah serving sizes are out of control here in the US. You can easily overeat if you don't watch your portions.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Anyone here use any sort of nitric oxide supplement? I'm not much of a supplement person. I take a little bit of Spark before a workout and that's about it besides the occasional protein shake. Gone are the days of vitamin packs, creatine, etc.

I was talking to a friend about how morning workouts have left me kind of exhausted mid workout. My muscles aren't necessarily tired, I just feel really exhausted and lacking energy. I didn't have the same problem later in the day.

He suggested a nitric oxide pill he's taking and after doing some research it looks like they just contain L-arginine and L-citrulline.

Last edited by AUChase; 02-12-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2020, 10:59 AM   #32
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

What time are you working out?

What are you eating prior to working out?

I've been exercising in the mornings since July and have found myself with more energy in the morning than trying to do the same routine when I get home from work in the evenings. I work out as soon as I get up and eat breakfast afterwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »