Home

2020 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2020 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #41
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2020 Fitness Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Nice. You're in my neck of the woods. What part of SD are you staying. Lots of good trails and running areas around town.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I was right off the Bay next to the Convention Center. Had a great trip, now back to the cold!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I looked into the overnight oats thing and I started doing it some days for breakfast at work.

This week I've been alternating between a jalapeno, onion, and sausage egg bowl and my mixture of:

1/2 cup of oats
1/4 cup of unsweetened almost milk
1/4 cup of PB2
1 banana cut up
1/2 cup greek yogurt

One day I subbed the banana for strawberries and it was good too. I really just now started using PB2 and I like it a lot when it's mixed with things.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:57 AM   #43
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

That egg bowl sounds good. I'd probably leave out the sausage and maybe throw in some black beans and salsa.

I have a similar breakfast recipe I grabbed off of the Hasfit site and have been using it for several years: https://hasfit.com/healthy-recipe/br...r-banana-oats/

1/3 cup of rolled oats
2 tbsp cooked quinoa
1 tbsp chia seeds
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp unsweetened cocao powder
1 tbsp peanut butter (or sub PB2)
Stevia to taste

Topping:
1/4 of a banana (mashed)
1/3 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt

I use peanut butter and leave out the stevia. For me, the fruit topping typically makes this sweet enough - not to mention the chocolate in there already helps quench that craving. Admittedly, it takes get use to since there's relatively minimal sugar and chocolate is naturally a bit bitter. I also will sub out the banana for strawberries (even sweeter) and other times I completely leave off the topping.

Outside of that I typically am eating cottage cheese with pineapple (or strawberries) or a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter, strawberries, and honey to taste.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:52 PM   #44
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Finally got back into doing some sort of routine. It's very simple. Started with doing a total of 25 pushups and 5 chinups during a day. The next day I add 5 more pushups and 1 more chinup. I keep doing this until I reach my goal number (100 for pushups and 25 for chinups). I'm on day 14 for pushups and day 12 for chinups (added that after I already started the program). It's incredible how even doing just this my body is responding quite well. Chest, back, bi's, and tri's are already filling fuller and bigger.

My biggest obstacle is always myself. I want to have a perfect routine and if I miss a day I beat myself up over it. Really feeling good about this laid back routine. Going to add a leg and ab exercise to the routine soon to round it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #45
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Back in the summer of 2017, I got down 195 which was pretty much what I weighed in High School. I had slowly slipped back into old habits and got back up to 232. I decided to lose some weight at the beginning of the year and started Keto.

I lost 8 pounds in the first two weeks, then hit a bit of a stall for the last two weeks. Around the first of February, I started Intermittent fasting (16/8 method) along with Keto and have lost 6 more pounds since then. I'm 218 now, down 14 pounds for the year and can already tell a pretty big difference in my clothes (now I can wear dress shirts that were almost too tight to button in December).

Working out wise, I've only been playing basketball a time or two a week and that's it. I'm hoping to ramp that up a bit and with spring just around the corner, then I should be able to get some swimming in soon. I'm hoping to get back around the 200 range before summer.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 03-03-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2020, 02:55 PM   #46
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Probably a bit too anal for a lot of you guys, but I've been logging my weight right before every work out via a 90 Days Abs workout app I've been using. I've been doing the routines for almost a year (typically only do the first two months - third month the workouts start taking 15-25 minutes), but have only been logging my weight like this for the past 3-4 months.

It has helped A LOT with maintaining weight. I ended up losing like 5-7lbs when I had the flu for a week at the beginning of January and have actually kept it off. One of my goals for the first part of the year is to maintain a range of 180-185lb. So far so great and typically by the end of the week I'm done below 180 by a couple pounds.

And then the weekend hits and my eating habits change completely. That's probably the last refuge of my poor eating habits.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:40 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

The new gym is working out really well for me. I'm going 4-5 times a week consistently now. At the Y, I usually talked myself out of going and only went 1-2 times a week.

I'm mainly just walking on the treadmill for a half-hour to an hour. At 4 mph and an incline, I usually get my target heart rate up around 140. When the weather gets better, I'm going to start running outside again. I've just never liked running on a treadmill. And after months of avoiding them, I've also started back on the weight machines. That soreness feels really good.

Biggest change though has been my diet. I've pretty much eaten fast food my entire adult life. I tend to eat "better" fast food (grilled chicken at CFA or a local place rather than Big Macs) but decided that needed to change. So last month I signed up for one those food delivery services. I think I've had more vegetables in the last month than the rest of my life combined. And I've discovered I don't hate broccoli.

Feeling pretty good now, so I'm going to keep pressing to get even better.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #48
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
The new gym is working out really well for me. I'm going 4-5 times a week consistently now. At the Y, I usually talked myself out of going and only went 1-2 times a week.

I'm mainly just walking on the treadmill for a half-hour to an hour. At 4 mph and an incline, I usually get my target heart rate up around 140. When the weather gets better, I'm going to start running outside again. I've just never liked running on a treadmill. And after months of avoiding them, I've also started back on the weight machines. That soreness feels really good.

Biggest change though has been my diet. I've pretty much eaten fast food my entire adult life. I tend to eat "better" fast food (grilled chicken at CFA or a local place rather than Big Macs) but decided that needed to change. So last month I signed up for one those food delivery services. I think I've had more vegetables in the last month than the rest of my life combined. And I've discovered I don't hate broccoli.

Feeling pretty good now, so I'm going to keep pressing to get even better.
Nice work!

I hear you 100% on running on the treadmill. I despise it; I'd rather run outdoors in the cold with multiple layers on than get on that thing.

My wife and I have been talking about one of those food services, too, especially now that she's working FT again. We try and prep a larger meal on Sunday that'll feed us for an additional 1-2 days during the week, but would be nice to have other options on hand for the rest of the week, especially when either of us isn't feeling motivated to cook.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »