Home

Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Off-Topic within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #409
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
They both might've flown outside by themselves, it's why I had the outside door ready just in case.

Oddly enough, these are the same kind of birds which live around my house(in trees/shrubs around the yard) and are the ones I occasionally feed (moreso in the winter months) and chase cats away from on the rare instances there's a cat wandering the yard.

Glad it wasn't a bigger bird or ones which attack people(I have those around here too), that would've been worse.

A raven or any bigger bird would be terrifying.

Although most houses do/should have screen windows so that would've been harder to get a bird out since you'd have to pop open the screen on the windows, and also hope nothing comes inside.

Birds fly towards light, so if you want to get it out, most of house should be as dark as you can make it and have the window/door be the brightest area it sees.
should have called Dave Winfield or Randy Johnson over to your house.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-22-2020, 02:40 AM   #410
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

A raven or any bigger bird would be terrifying.

Although most houses do/should have screen windows so that would've been harder to get a bird out since you'd have to pop open the screen on the windows, and also hope nothing comes inside.

Birds fly towards light, so if you want to get it out, most of house should be as dark as you can make it and have the window/door be the brightest area it sees.

Language Warning

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 07-25-2020, 02:29 AM   #411
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

if someone asks to use your phone what is your immediate response?

My maniac neighbor and his agent of chaos girlfriend were at it again today, and I don't know what to make of it.

She (the agent of chaos) has changed her appearance. A brand new dude has come to stay with them. This isn't uncommon.

Brand new dude knocked on my door, I asked who is it. He starts rambling at a volume too low for me to hear through the door. I open the door slightly with my foot blocking it from opening further. He rambles about asking to use my phone.

I'm extremely poor at thinking on my feet but I actually came up with something, I said "oh I have a broken tracfone I can't even make outgoing calls". He asks if he can make a text. I said "I'm sorry, I can't help you, sorry, man".

Am I a jerk?

That was my initial thought.

5 minutes later I took my garbage out and the dude was on the balcony with the agent of chaos, talking on a phone. wtf?

Maniac finally came home an hour later, new guy and agent of chaos got into the vehicle he brought over, and drove away.

fast forward to the night time walk for my dog, the vehicle is back, new dude and agent of chaos parked it in a sneaky hidden spot away from the camera. I'm actually nervous to take him out.

so I hurry him out real quick, he does his business, and we hurry back inside. if they were planning anything it's too late, they're still in the truck smoking.

I was right not to lend new dude my phone, right? I'm not a jerk?

Last edited by l3ulvl; 07-25-2020 at 02:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 03:20 AM   #412
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I locked myself out of my house by accident and asked my neighbor if I could use his phone. He didn't know me, but his garage door was open and he was inside so I thought I'd ask. He didn't say no, but he asked me where I lived and such to be kind of certain. I made sure he stayed right there when I made the call.

I wouldn't have been upset if he said no, but I was grateful he said yes.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-25-2020, 06:55 AM   #413
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I locked myself out of my house by accident and asked my neighbor if I could use his phone. He didn't know me, but his garage door was open and he was inside so I thought I'd ask. He didn't say no, but he asked me where I lived and such to be kind of certain. I made sure he stayed right there when I made the call.

I wouldn't have been upset if he said no, but I was grateful he said yes.
How long have you all been neighbors?

Just struck me as odd that a neighbor wouldn't at least have an idea of who you are, unless you guys never pass each other during life's daily activities.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-25-2020, 09:07 AM   #414
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

If your neighbors were pleasant, cool people, it would have been a little rude to deny them help. But seeing as they’re ****ing crazy, you did the right thing. No worries.

That was a good excuse too. You should be proud. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 07-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #415
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

I would had never even got to the door. If I don't expect you I ignore you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #416
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
How long have you all been neighbors?

Just struck me as odd that a neighbor wouldn't at least have an idea of who you are, unless you guys never pass each other during life's daily activities.
For a year, but my point was that he had no reason to assume that I was telling the truth if he didn't actually know where I lived. That's why he asked. I guess he just took my word for it, but not everybody does.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »