Home

CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

This is a discussion on CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 11:18 PM   #401
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Just to give you guys a heads up on the grocery industry right now. There will be major shortages in many, many items because if the panic hoarding going on. Many stores, including mine, have shortened their hours so be aware your store may not be open when you expect it to.

As for the amount of product on hand it's going to be rough. I work for Albertsons/Safeway/Vons. We are currently on a piece count on the amount of stuff we can bring in. Just to give an example my load to try to fill my dept tomorrow was close to 1000 cases. I will be lucky to receive 500-600. There is a limit of 600 cases we are allowed to order in produce per day. That doesn't count stuff the warehouse will cut because they are out. So I'll be lucky to to get 400 cases per day. For my store that is nothing. My cousin works for Publix and they are doing the same thing. This is to hopefully keep the supply chain going.

Anyways just wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can try to plan ahead before going to your local grocery store and not be caught by surprise. If you guys have any questions about this stuff let me know and I'll try to give you whatever inside info I have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 12:17 AM   #402
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well the Walmart and Publix chains closing early was already on the news in the afternoon, so I figured other chains would do the same. It is not much the panic hoarding going on, it is the re-sellers buying up the supply like this guy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t...Klgp4ZRGiJRScw

Him and his brother hit up every Walmart, Home Depot, Staples, Dollar Store, Dollar Tree, etc in Tennessee and Kentucky, buying out the entire stock. Bought over 18,000 bottles and wipes. They planned on selling it on Amazon for $8 to $70 a pop. Amazon shut them down for price gouging.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:40 AM   #403
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Those people are despicable.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:58 AM   #404
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Ok, I'm going to say it, they are ***wipes.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:14 AM   #405
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Well the Walmart and Publix chains closing early was already on the news in the afternoon, so I figured other chains would do the same. It is not much the panic hoarding going on, it is the re-sellers buying up the supply like this guy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t...Klgp4ZRGiJRScw

Him and his brother hit up every Walmart, Home Depot, Staples, Dollar Store, Dollar Tree, etc in Tennessee and Kentucky, buying out the entire stock. Bought over 18,000 bottles and wipes. They planned on selling it on Amazon for $8 to $70 a pop. Amazon shut them down for price gouging.

There is that for sure and especially with the stuff that is posted in that article but bro, I've been at my store for more then 33 hours the past 3 days. It is panic hoarding without a doubt for all the regular food stuff. People are coming in just buying anything and everything with no rhyme or reason to it. It's like they just don't know what to do but they see everyone else doing it so they think they need to as well.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 03-15-2020 at 01:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 02:31 AM   #406
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
There is that for sure and especially with the stuff that is posted in that article but bro, I've been at my store for more then 33 hours the past 3 days. It is panic hoarding without a doubt for all the regular food stuff. People are coming in just buying anything and everything with no rhyme or reason to it. It's like they just don't know what to do but they see everyone else doing it so they think they need to as well.
Yup I work in shipping receiving at superstore in Canada.. thank the lord I dont have to be on the floor its something I have never seen before, and I have worked there for 9 awful years ha ha. We have a restriction on our orders as well. Living in British Columbia Canada I can honestly say I wasn't concerned about this at all.. how things have changed.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-15-2020, 02:36 AM   #407
All Star

OVR: 0

So schools around my area are closing for a month now. The store i work at i have never seen the shelfs so low on things before not even after xmas ir anything.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:40 AM   #408
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
To me this grocery shopping thing is basically what Black Friday shopping is like, only it is everyday of the week and instead of people buying electronics, they are buying TP and food. Gas prices have dropped a lot. This is the cheapest I seen gas since the late 1990s. Gas is well below $2 a gallon in some places. Where I live gas is 60 cents cheaper now compared to what it was on Feb27th when I filled up.
Yeah that is how it fells only where i live gas has not really gotten cheaper at all.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »