Home

2021 Fitness Adventures

This is a discussion on 2021 Fitness Adventures within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #25
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2021 Fitness Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Do you guys use any health & wellness or nutrition resources on a regular basis? Looking for ways to continue to improve our meals and continue taking baby-steps.
Back a few years ago my wife started using the container system from BeachBody/21 Day Fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSDvZyoOigg

Bear with me. It's not as cheesy as it seems, and you don't need to buy all that crap from BeachBody.

You can find the calorie ranges onlinel, and can find generic measuring containers on https://www.amazon.com/Piece-Portion...=operasport-20. Then just google "21 day fix recipes" and everyone and their mom will have a blog that has recipes with the containers calculate for whatever it is.

You can find spreadsheets that let you meal plan for the week and enter in what you are having plus the containers used, and a good one with calculate it out for the day to make it easy.

My wife has a pretty good idea on how to meal plan now and we don't really follow the container system, but it's what got us started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Do you guys use any health & wellness or nutrition resources on a regular basis? Looking for ways to continue to improve our meals and continue taking baby-steps.
No, but some of the food delivery/meal kit companies do a good job of providing (relatively) healthy meal options and portion sizes. We're using Home Chef currently.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #27
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

Not really FT but what I try to do is make healthy substitutes where possible. If the recipe calls is something fried I’ll air fry it. Substitute vegetable oil for avocado. Reduce the sugar amount, etc....

Little stuff like that helps me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #28
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Did my first "long" bike ride last weekend, about 2 hours. Felt good to get back out there after my injuries earlier in the year and overall, didn't have much in the way of discomfort, which was encouraging.

I have been running 2-3 times a week for the last 2-3 weeks as well, and also walking almost every day so it's been good to get back to being active.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-12-2021, 09:28 PM   #29
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Yeah man, weather starting to turn around here and looking forward to hiking again. I walked on my lunch break most Thursdays and Fridays when I went to campus, even through the winter, but nothing beats the woods. Also been doing this workout for the last six weeks, adding weight to each exercise along the way: https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a...ut-25-minutes/. Although I can't quite do it in 25 minutes... that's hauling some serious *** for this soon-to-be 42 year old. It's been a nice change from more of a push/pull approach buy will be looking to switch it up again eventually. Hard to keep reinventing the wheel with the same limited equipment...
Old 03-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #30
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Still chubby check in.. LOL. Went from 221 to 224, all good though. Still plugging away at the gym, feel good etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 13

More or less maintaining the diet, but exercise has gone to zero (sadly). I really need the gyms to open back up. I know that's a bit of an excuse, but I do know myself and I know I'll go back when the gyms are open again. I just have no desire to workout in my place, and it's too chilly outside to comfortably do anything outdoors. I feel like it's right around the corner, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2021, 08:34 AM   #32
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Still chubby check in.. LOL. Went from 221 to 224, all good though. Still plugging away at the gym, feel good etc.
Forgot to add I had been following the Smolov Jr bench program the last 3 1/2 weeks. I hadn't benched since college back in 2002/03 and was curious what my max would be.

I've always just done dumbbell chest press. Didn't have a spot, but I maxed at 230lbs (yikes, weak city USA lol). But that gave me my 1 rep max to work with the Smolov Jr program.

Tomorrow or Saturday I'm gonna max out again and see how (if) this program worked.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »