Home

Rivals 2022-2023 Discussion

This is a discussion on Rivals 2022-2023 Discussion within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
Rivals 2022-2023 Discussion

COACHES

•New jobs are 2 years minimum, you get 1 1-year contract every 5 seasons

•Create a coach, make the Alma Mater a school you want... PLAYBOOKS must be the school you choose or a Generic PB, cannot change after week 3

•New members at any point have to start in the American conference

• Postseason: Any players that want to transfer or leave early cannot be swayed

RECRUITING

•Anyone in your pipeline can be recruited, any one who is not your pipeline but has you top 5 can be recruited

•No Athletes

•Only freshman can be redshirted

GENERAL IN-GAME RULES

•Mix up your playbook on offense.. NO READ OPTION OFFENSE, dont run the same stuff over and over

•Mix up your playbook on offense

• MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE.. even if you run or pass 50 times a game just mix up the plays.. EX if you want to play it safe and only run up the middle or throw short passes there should still be diversity in the play calls

•5 wide is banned, run commit is banned, cant run no huddle if the ball goes out of bounds

•NO SUPER SIMMING, no user catches

•ONLY ONE presnap adjustment can be made on offense regardless of what it is (audible, flipped play, hot route, etc.).... only exception is adding a RB blocker, NO O-LINE SHIFTS

•No huddle: only presnap adjustment is adding 1 blocker with hot route or flipping the RB with a hot route

•4th Down Rule - 4th and 1 past the 50, 4th and whatever if you're down in the 4th quarter (in user games you can go for it if youre up in the 4th quarter past the 50)

•QBs can only have 5 carries not including sacks (6 carries is a suspension, minimum 3 games)

•QB runs between the tackles are fine, no running to the sideline and throwing

•NO RUN COMMIT

• only MANUALLY move 1 player presnap, can not walk up past linebacker level, NO 1-5-5 formation

• cannot take ANY KICK RETURN out of the endzone.. only returnable if its in play

ADVANCES

•Advances will be set for every 3 days as long as the league is small. Play the games you feel like playing

•You can sim any game you want (NO SUPER SIMMING), if the advance day comes up and really havent had time to play but want to I will extend the deadline.

•I expect User games to at least START getting scheduled THE DAY OF or before advance day.. if one player tries to schedule it and the other waits too long they will be put on auto

THREAD

•Game write ups are not necessary at all but AT LEAST putting RTA and the score is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Rivals 2022-2023 Discussion

Good luck on a new season gentlemen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

WEEK 1

***** GAME OF THE WEEK *****
#8 Florida vs #1 Miami
Tampa, Florida

Miami enters the year as preseason #1 for the first time in what seems like forever. They put together a near perfect season last year but none of that matters now. The Battle for the Seminole War Canoe is back and both of these teams are eager to kick this season off and prove who the best team in Florida really is. All 3 of the Florida schools will face each other this year so there will be less talk and more proof. Miami is the favorite by most based on how they found their grove last year but rivalries are different story. Proof of that is the way both FSU games went last year for Miami. Florida gave FSU their only loss in the season so if nothing else that shows that these programs are more even than some may think and its been a long time since that was the case. The key matchup in this one will be the Florida WRs vs the Miami secondary. Florida is not known for having a deep WR core but they are known for speed, which they have at WR and DB. Miami's concern coming in was their secondary so they will need to come out swinging because if they have to call only pass defenses to help their secondary that will open up lanes for Florida to run and with a fast QB and a very good SR RB in Xavier Coley who can take a any run to the house Miami doesnt want to get into a guessing game. Offensively the Canes will start on the ground with their 2 NFL bound RBs but they need their young WRs to get separation and "DBU" doesnt think they can. Great matchup coming up and if you need proof ask Kirk Herbstreit who has picked Florida to pull off the upset.

***** GAMES TO WATCH *****
#6 Michigan @ #10 Arkansas
- Arkansas first game without Jak will come against a Michigan team that finally getting back to the old days.

Alabama @ #16 Texas
- Alabama is still one of top teams on paper they just needed a coach to lift them back up, they have one. Texas will give them hell tho..

Georgia Tech @ #12 Baylor
- An interesting contrast of styles for this one. GT doesnt have the skill to win this game yet but it will give Baylor a fun game to open with.

#21 Washington @ #7 Wisconsin
- Huskies fans feel like they are underrated coming in, alot of people think Wisconsin is overrated.... one way to find out

- first page has the updated rules so READ IT

- chose to go back to the KR rule of not taking it out of the endzone since it won me some games last year

*** Brock has joined as Tulane if yal didnt see ***
- he was in AFL and took a break and is back so the rules shouldnt be too foreign to him like the groupme crowd. As usual he has 3 user games lined up starting with me, I'll help him with broken rules but if yal play him and think he needs to go its a players league, yal dont have to wait for me.. hopefully thats not the case tho. With Dan out and Ricky usually busy I wanted to give another guy a shot so we'll see

Old 10-26-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

So you just gave up on me?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #5
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaRicky
So you just gave up on me?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

lol nah but 6-7 bodies is a good number.. I dont like 5 when you get busy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 07:10 AM   #6
MVP

jp18's Arena

What about the offset shotgun plays, are those a go now?
Old 10-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #7
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

#8 Florida vs #1 Miami

Miami opened with a long drive that was solid and and ended with a short Mark Ryan td reception only to have Florida's back Xavier Coley break a 57 yard run and put the Gators on the board tying it at 7. Miami would put together another long drive that went into the 2nd quarter and gave them a 14-7 lead. The Gators would get stopped on 3rd and settle for a long fg that went wide left. After Miami stalled UF threw a pick and Miami's momentum grew from there. 4 total interceptions all to LBs, Miamis offense never "went off" but they never needed to. One of Florida's picks went for 7, the following play they threw another that Miami would later score on ending a short drive. Canes defense stepped up and shut down everything. Miami would stretch the lead to 30 in the 3rd quarter and call of the dogs.

The Canes 2nd string got some time and we got see a little deeper into the depth chart as well as RS FR Potts who is 4th string now but expected to start next year if Wilkerson leaves got his feet wet. We also got our first look at RS FR Ward who like Potts is 4th on the depth chart now behind upper classmen but will play a large roll next year. Canes get a fg in the final quarter and the 2nd string gives up a td. 41-14 final. Biggest win in this rivalry since 2 decades ago in 2002 when Miami went to Gainesville and won 41-16 when Dorsey and McGahee were running the show. #1 team in the land looks impressive on opening night. Tulane is next up. #BeatFSU

MIA
QB Wilkerson 15/18 160yds 2tds 0int
HB Ryan 17-121yds 7.1avg 4rec 27yds 3total tds
HB Moore 9-40yds 4.4avg
TE Taylor 3rec 30yds 1td
4 LBs with an int

UF
QB Williams 9/16 120yds 1td 4int 13car 21yds
HB Coley 7-122yds 1td 17.4avg
CB Henderson 8tak
DT Jones 6tak 2tfl 1sak

Old 10-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #8
MVP

That’s scary

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »