Home

RIVALS 2024-2025 DISCUSSION

This is a discussion on RIVALS 2024-2025 DISCUSSION within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 09:32 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: RIVALS 2024-2025 DISCUSSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
If I didnt just lose AFTER the game I might feel some type of way about you losing on a hail mary but I still havent recovered so f all of yal straight up

Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #66
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
RIVALS 2024-2025 DISCUSSION

WEEK 4

***** GAME OF THE WEEK *****
TCU (1-1) @ OKLAHOMA (1-1)

This is one of the rare times that you'll see 2 unranked teams chosen for the Rivals game of the week but this is one of those exceptions. Both teams have an early loss to top 10 teams, TCU to #8 GT and OU to now #1 Nebraska. Quality opponents for sure but what does that say about TCU and OU? Thats hard to say anytime you pair up 2 good teams this early in the season. The goal for the losing teams is always to bounce back and not let a loss turn into a streak. Both losses came to non conference so the goal of Big 12 Championship is still fully intact for both and that should be the only focus for both teams. Thats the layout, on the field the similarities stop there. OU is much better talent wise this year. Their issue last year was coaching and they're hoping to have rebounded from the loss of Kiffin as the OC, something TCU took complete advantage of last season as they beat OU at home. This year the Sooners are expecting to win at home. Last year TCU ran over just about everybody, this year they are ranked 122 in rushing after 2 games. Their passing stats have been outstanding not including the 9 interceptions theyve thrown already but they are 1st in passing. The issue is that GT and Kentucky's secondaries dont even compare to OU's this year. OUs playcalling and offensive execution should be the deciding factor in the outcome if their DBs show up on defense.

***** GAMES TO WATCH *****
#13 FLORIDA (1-1) @ #15 TENNESSEE (2-0)
- Last year Florida was absolutely loaded on offense and that carried them all season, this year is a bit of a rebuilding year after losing all that talent but they still have a few NFL ready guys that can make plays for them starting at QB. Tennessee has more talent overall and their guy is the SR RB who could end up in the Heisman conversation. Their dline is also elite so theyll give Florida fits all game. Vols looking to start 3-0.

MICHIGAN (1-1) @ #21 NOTRE DAME (1-1)
- Both of these schools have pretty good teams this years but neither is ready to compete nationally. Right now they are clawing to get back on a national level but they have young teams so theirs time. This isnt a quite a championship level game but it will feel like one because these teams are pretty even and that always makes for a good rivalry game. I like the Fighting Irish behind Nick Williams their dual threat QB, I think they win at home.

LSU (1-1) @ KENTUCKY (1-2)
- LSU is looking to bounce back after a 4th quarter collapse against Maryland last week. Theyll be a top 25 team by the end of the year if they can get through the SEC. Kentucky starts the year with a brutal gauntlet but they have been tough to beat all season. Their new coach Ricky Suave has them playing at another level and a win like this at home could set the stage for a promising season in an SEC East thats wide open.

- Mix up your QB! Dont let the tougher settings make you play different.. you can attack a weakness without running the same plays.. In my game against Archy I threw alot of passes to the middle to test him at LB and because that was the attack point for the zone he runs against me but it was different plays and routes and combos to attack the middle.. keep mixing it up

- No ingame coaching aggression changes (conservative, balanced, aggressive), leave them all balanced unless its chew clock.

- No oline shifts at all or run commit on d

Old 01-26-2018, 02:30 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 2

Had Hawaii not thrown 2 picks in scoring territory, I probably would have lost this one too.

Backup QB had to play the whole game—played well though after the first pick.

I’m ready for this season to be done. My team sucks or something haha. Good luck to all the rest of ya this year. Haha

Old 01-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #68
MVP

Cards upset Horns GG to coach Arch. On paper we didn’t stand a chance, 99/100 we didn’t stand a chance. That 1% just happened today and I couldn’t be more stoked. Run defense played magnificent and the OC ran about every run play in the book at Texas stout defense! Definitely a fun a game to be apart of.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #69
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

Louisville upsets Texas 28-24. Really disappointed in my defense. Taking poor angles in the run game all day. My dline was getting pushed around by a bunch of scrubs too. Still had a chance to win at the end tho and dropped the GW td. Wilson is getting benched too, mf is the slowest 90 spd 91 acc RB i've seen before.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:42 PM   #70
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyb77

Cards upset Horns GG to coach Arch. On paper we didn’t stand a chance, 99/100 we didn’t stand a chance. That 1% just happened today and I couldn’t be more stoked. Run defense played magnificent and the OC ran about every run play in the book at Texas stout defense! Definitely a fun a game to be apart of.

Yeah a run d does play good when you key on the RB or whatever its called, almost every play lol.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:43 PM   #71
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

NC STATE @ #7 MIAMI

NC State scores on tds of 87, 66, 30, and 66 to upset Miami. 20 points in the 4th quarter all on broken tackles. Not much of a story the game was good besides that but then they just did what they needed to do pretty much. They ran a triple option but their tds came on regular runs where they just broke tackles on however many defenders were around. Canes 1-2 on the year and have their first ACC loss.

MIA
QB Potts 27/35 324yds 0td 2int 2sacks
HB Ward 22-108yds 3td 4.9ypc 5rec 62yds
WR Gore 7rec 87yds
SS Weisbecker 7tak 2tfl

NCST
QB Wade 7/9 121yds 2tds 0int 10car 52yds
HB James 15-134yds 2tds 8.9ypc 46long
WR Payne 2rec 72yds 1td 66long
CB Rowe 6tak 2int 87yd td 1def
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 02:45 PM   #72
MVP

I never once “keyed” on one player lol I just play man and blitz on first and second down, pass on third.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »