Home

RIVALS LAST RUN 2018-2019

This is a discussion on RIVALS LAST RUN 2018-2019 within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2018-2019

As we reflect on last weeks game we realize the problem we had on offense was cockiness. Assuming this game would be similar to our season opener vs utsa. But their defense seamed to be covering every pass play perfectly. Causing coverage sacks an bad reads. We have gone back to rhe drawing board made the necessary adjustments for our game vs vandy today.
We are hoping our defense comes to play like they did last week.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags0492
As we reflect on last weeks game we realize the problem we had on offense was cockiness. Assuming this game would be similar to our season opener vs utsa. But their defense seamed to be covering every pass play perfectly. Causing coverage sacks an bad reads. We have gone back to rhe drawing board made the necessary adjustments for our game vs vandy today.
We are hoping our defense comes to play like they did last week.

So coach, what happened in todays game?

"Im just here so i dont get fined"mc_spt_joe_moorhead_mississippi_state_20171130.0.jpeg

Old 12-18-2018, 07:09 AM   #59
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

#23 Michigan State @ #1 Georgia

First half was ugly for us. On offense we didnt do anything to help ourselves, a pick 6 on a wild pass, another interception on a wild pass, dropped passes to open WRs, Swift had a slow start. It was just ugly all around. Defensively our game plan failed. We wanted to take the ball out of their Heisman candidate Scott's hands and make their pass game beat us but our DBs didnt make plays. The one good thing that came out of the first half was that outside of the pick 6 they couldnt get into the endzone. Holding them to 2 redzone fgs gave us a chance. It was 13-0 at the half.

Second half I considered benching Fromm who had 3 interceptions but he's got us out of this situation all year so I held off on it. We started the half with a beautiful uptempo drive to counter the slow pace attack that they were using all game and the drive was perfect. Swift was in beast mode and Fromm settled down enough to make some big throws. We made it 13-7 just like that. We came out aggressive on defense, forced a punt, and Hardman returns his second punt of the year for a td. 14-13 and the momentum shift was that quick. We force a punt and muff it inside the 5 but Swift bails us out on the ground. That drive went 13 plays and gave us a 17-13 lead to start the 4th.

MSU responds with a drive of there own and scores on 4th and goal from the 2 with a beautiful pass to the back of the endzone from 5 wide. Dawgs take over down 20-17 with 4:40 left after a long kick return from Hardman got them to midfield. Swift controls the drive on the ground and UGA takes a 24-20 lead with 2:40 left. Knowing they would start conservative with hopes of keeping the ball for the rest of the game we played to stop the run first and guessed right, 2 yard loss.. 2nd and 12 we tipped a pass, 3rd and 12 dropped a pick, 4th and 12 we picked it off. With 2 minutes to go we get stuffed on 2 runs and end up with a huge 3rd and long, give a passing look and run with Swift again and the deception pays off, 26 yard run. We kneel it but have to give it back with 12 seconds after taking a fg that made it 27-20. Interception seals it. Georgia wins.

GG Arch, I was fully expecting my defense to dominate but you called a great game. Nice job going at me when I was at safety too, there were at least 2-3 times where I played it right on big 3rd downs but couldnt make the play like I usually do, great ball placement smh

UGA
QB Fromm 13/23 139yds 1td 3int 56% 1sack
HB Swift 23-158yds 6.8ypc
FS LeCounte 5tak 1int
CB Campbell 4tak 4def (true freshman, wow)

MSU
QB Lewerke16-28 223yds 1td 2int 57% 3sack
HB Scott 20-55yds 2.7avg
WR Stewart 5rec 61yds 1td
FS Dowell 7tak 1tfl 1int
Old 12-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #60
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

GG Junior.2 things a figured out real quick in this game was. 1 my o-line was getting dominated in the run game. 2, I wouldn't be able to pass from under center because of Georgias pressure. Really we got ourselves into too many 3rd and l5-18's. Lewerke played good and got off to a real nice start, which was surprising. His 2 picks were on long distance downs which were foreseeable.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #61
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

This is the first set we've used that blitzes actually have a chance of working. I was surprised that I only sacked your QB 3 times because it felt like more but looking at some of the highlights my dline really did control the game. Your QB was clutch tho, I really wasnt expecting that at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #62
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
This is the first set we've used that blitzes actually have a chance of working. I was surprised that I only sacked your QB 3 times because it felt like more but looking at some of the highlights my dline really did control the game. Your QB was clutch tho, I really wasnt expecting that at all
I was surprised Lewerke was only sacked 3 times too lol. It felt like a lot more tbh.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #63
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

I saw this play while taking pics after so I took a pic to clarify the "2 route" rule, I was never sure I worded it right to begin with

This play resulted in an interception so it didnt matter or anything but if anybody didnt get the rule this is it. Slants, streaks, curls, ins, posts, etc. I probably could have showed yal with a photo to begin with oh well
Old 12-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #64
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
I saw this play while taking pics after so I took a pic to clarify the "2 route" rule, I was never sure I worded it right to begin with

This play resulted in an interception so it didnt matter or anything but if anybody didnt get the rule this is it. Slants, streaks, curls, ins, posts, etc. I probably could have showed yal with a photo to begin with oh well
Post and corner routes aren't the the same thing tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »