Home

RIVALS LAST RUN 2028-2029

This is a discussion on RIVALS LAST RUN 2028-2029 within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0

***** COACHES

• Coaches can change jobs after any year

• Create a coach, make the Alma Mater a school you want

• Postseason: Any players that want to transfer or leave early cannot be swayed

• All skill trees are the same
• Subs set to 60

****** RECRUITING

- Anyone in your pipeline can be recruited
- Any one who is not your pipeline but has you top 5 can be recruited
- No Athletes
- Only true freshman can be redshirted

***** GENERAL IN-GAME RULES

- MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE.. play calling should be more like the NFL than NCAA, dont be repetitious
- if you have a specific attack (short quick passes, power running up the middle, etc) just vary the formations/plays but you can use an strategic attack

***** BANNED ON OFFENSE

- shotgun flex runs up the middle, if your pb has alot of shotgun flex formations switch it
- no read options
- oline shifts
- no pass plays with 3 guys running the same route

***** BANNED ON DEFENSE

- dlinemen standing up
- run commit
- 1-5-5
- manually moving more than 1 player

***** PRESNAP OFFENSE

• No hot routes (RB/TE to block is ok)
• Pass plays cannot have 3 players running the same route (hail mary's ok)
• No Read Option
• No Shotgun Offset runs

***** PRESNAP DEFENSE

• only MANUALLY move 1 player presnap
• no nano blitzes

***** 4TH DOWN RULE (NO EXCEPTIONS)

a) 4th and 1 inside the 50
b) No limit if you're down in the 4th quarter (late 3rd if its realistic) OR DOWN 21+ AT ANYTIME

***** QB RUNNING

• You can take off as much as you want just make sure it looks real

***** SPECIAL TEAMS

- Kickers CAN NOT punt, punters CAN NOT kick fgs or kick off

• ingame coaching strategies allowed
• Chew Clock must be 3minutes or less
• Aggressive Clock banned
• You can run a slow paced offense but dont milk the clock throughout the game

***** ADVANCES

•Advances will be set for every Thursday Night, and every Sunday Night. Play the games you feel like playing

•You can sim any game you want (NO SUPER SIMMING), if the advance day comes up and really havent had time to play but want to I will extend the deadline.

•I expect User games to at least START getting scheduled THE DAY OF or before advance day.. if one player tries to schedule it and the other waits too long they will be put on auto

***** THREAD

• POST THE "GAME STATS" BOX SCORE EVERY WEEK

Last edited by JEJunior; 07-17-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

2028 KICKOFF

***** GOTW *****
#25 LSU vs #2 GEORGIA

There is alot of hype surrounding the Georgia program this year with all the talent they return and many of their key players already having won a National Championship as sophomores and coming up only a game short last year. The big story is the departure of head coach Jay Cane who built this program into the powerhouse it is before departing to his alma mater Miami. Because of how late he made his decision most of the top coaches had already signed their contracts so Georgia was left with few options. They hired Mike Bobo and while many fans see this as a clear downgrade he will have alot to work with as he gets settled in Athens. His first game will be on the road in Death Valley against Ed Orgeron who is a much more experienced coach. His team is good, not Georgia good, but good. This could be a tricky matchup for the Bulldogs but if the team just handles business I think the talent and number of pros on this Georgia team will win them the game.

Prediction: GEORGIA 42 LSU 24

NEXT ADVANCE
Sunday Night

***** SETTINGS UPDATE *****
I told yal me and JP have been working on this set for about 3 seasons. Ints on 65 or 60 was always our biggest dilemma because on 65 they mirror alot and pick everything, on 60 we can throw 70-90% if youre on that day. I finally decided to give 65 a shot. To balance it out Im not even checking QB carries, if you gotta take off or throw it away do it. Im telling you now the people who don't recruit Olines are going to think the settings are too hard, youre going to need protection. Run game is harder too but if you can find the holes youll be fine over the course of the game, first qtr you might get swarmed tho. Also youre going to NEED user catching, sometimes to prevent picks

On defense I toned down their blocking one notch and added our dline play back so the games overall should have more defense. What that means is in the past when I just make their defense crazy and ours suck, you get down early and have to keep forcing picks to stay in it, now you can afford to just throw it away on 3rd down and trust your defense to get a stop. Thats the goal anyway but even if these are as hard as I think we'll probably keep them all year. Expect games against good defenses to be tough.

U5 GAMES
1 OHIO ST ----------
4 MICHIGAN ----------
15 UCLA ----------
MIAMI vs 19 SOUTH CAROLINA

* Arch I went home first because you had too many home games this year, we'll flip next year

READ THESE AGAIN BEFORE YOU PLAY!!!!!!!

4th and 1 inside the 50.. down in the 4th and inside the goalline are the exceptions
••• remember in game coaching adjustments are allowed, EXCEPT for the clock option

Update the AUTO SUBS to DEFAULT outside of the Dynasty

4th down rule
- 4th and 1 inside the 50
- down in the 4th OR down 21+ at any time is fair game from anywhere (up or tied is still 4th and 1, Overtime is fair game)
* keep it realistic

Reminder
- No runs to the empty side of an empty set

Allowed***

• KICK RETURNS in the front half of the endzone
• User Catches
• Running with QB (as long as it looks real)
• Hot Routes only to add a blocker
• In game coaching adjustments

Banned***
• 5 Wide
• Read Options
• Hot routes
• Pass plays cannot have 3 players running the same route (hail mary's ok)(posts and corners count as the same)
• No Shotgun Offset runs
Old 07-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2028-2029

New rule if you miss it, kick returns in the front half of the endzone are good
Old 07-17-2020, 06:13 PM   #4
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not sure why South Carolina is ranked. We lost our best players and really didn't beat anyone good last year besides Missouri. I doubt we'll be ranked at the end of season, my schedule is brutal.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #5
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
I'm not sure why South Carolina is ranked. We lost our best players and really didn't beat anyone good last year besides Missouri. I doubt we'll be ranked at the end of season, my schedule is brutal.

The Georgia game will tell alot.. If you beat them or even keep up youre deflee winning the EAST
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #6
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Miami vs 19 South Carolina
Hard Rock Stadium

1ST HALF

SC gets the ball first and sets the tone for the game with their Freshman QB Baker slicing up the Miami defense. SC gets to the goalline and gets stopped but Lake scores on 4th and goal.
7-0 SC 2:48 1st

Miami responds with a long drive of there own, not much rhythm at all but they tie with a 2yd td run by Smiley.
7-7 0:41 1st

SC gets a big 30yd catch to end the qtr and picks up where they left off moving the ball effortlessly against Miami before ending the drive with an 11yd td pass across the middle
14-7 SC 6:06 2nd

Miami has another ugly drive but 2 smiley runs help push the drive and Leak scores on a 29yd QB wrap where he spins between 2 defenders that have him closed in and breaks away
14-14 3:44 2nd

SC almost scores a 3rd straight possession but Hickman picks off Baker in the endzone before the half
14-14 1:30 2nd

2ND HALF

Miami goes run heavy with Smiley and finally has a good looking drive. On 4th and 1 from the 6 they get agressive but Smiley is tired and doesnt have the burst, SC stops them behind the line. HUGE stop
14-14 3:51 3rd

SC starts the drive at the 7 and after 2 solid plays SC dials up an uncharacteristic speed option that Miami used earlier, and Baker breaks for 73 yds getting Leak back for the td earlier
21-14 SC 2:51 3rd

Canes work it down to the red zone but end the drive with 2 bad sacks, 1 was a sure td if Leak gets the pass off. Canes settle for 3
21-17 SC 7:09 4th

The SC pass game remains unphased as they get down to the 1 and Lake gets another short easy td, pretty much ending the hopes for Miami with a 2 score lead
28-17 SC 3:32 4th

Miami has to pass now but keeps the SC defense guessing despite the time ticking away and its not working at all, until Smiley takes a HB draw straight up the middle for 65yds giving Miami a quick score and the hope they needed. Canes convert the 2pt conv
28-25 SC 2:38 4th

SC just needs to run out the last 2 minutes and play keep away but they know the Miami secondary cant keep up so they stay passing. 20yd pass, 17yd pass, 18yd pass, then SS Mayhew, Miami's defensive leader makes a huge user pick and almost runs it back
28-25 SC 1:34 4th

Canes try to end it but have to settle for a fg with an iced kicker... Landry hits it and we have OT in a game that was completely over with 3 minutes to go

OVERTIME

SC gets ball first, gets down to the 1 with ease, but can break the Miami dline. On 4th and Goal at the 1 they go for it and Baker hits Dixon on a beautiful out route.
35-28 SC OT

Miami answers with a rushing attack and Leak scores his 1st td of the game on a QB sneak.
35-35 OT

Smiley gets hurt on the play before the Leak td so Jackson replaces him and Jackson scores after 3 straight runs to give Miami their first lead of the game
42-35 UM OT

SC starts the drive in 4 wide and I bait them into a pass that I knew we would probably get beat on but at least I could have a chance. The pass goes where I want it, DB gets beat off the line but recovers, and I dont get the pick because Rodgers beats me to it. Ballgame.

Best game me and Arch have ever had, easy. My team is actually better than his but because his strength is passing and I have no corners this matchup was terrible for us.

GG Arch

Old 07-19-2020, 05:11 AM   #7
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

WEEK 2

***** GOTW *****
#1 GEORGIA vs #25 SOUTH CAROLINA

This game is one that I am glad is early in the year because Ive been looking forward to it since the offseason. Bobo in year 1 with the Bulldogs, Archy in year 2 with the Gamecocks. Georgia got a huge road win last week against LSU on the road and won 49-42. I dont think anyone expected that defense to give up 42 to anybody this year but for a season opener a win is a win. Wynn absolutely killed it last week and Bennett ended up with 3 receiving TDs. Interesting to see if Georgia goes with a more vertical attack under Bobo all year or if thats just the way it played out. SCs air attack was on display last week in Miami although a couple of huge turnovers costed them a sure win. Seeing Wynn vs Baker head to head should be entertaining. Arch is one of those coaches who always has his team in the game so I dont think the talent difference will change that this week, however I do think Georgia pulls this one off.

Prediction: GEORGIA 31 SC 24

Prediction: GEORGIA 42 LSU 24
score: GEORGIA 49 LSU 42

NEXT ADVANCE
Wednesday or Thursday Night

***** SETTINGS UPDATE *****
I told yal me and JP have been working on this set for about 3 seasons. Ints on 65 or 60 was always our biggest dilemma because on 65 they mirror alot and pick everything, on 60 we can throw 70-90% if youre on that day. I finally decided to give 65 a shot. To balance it out Im not even checking QB carries, if you gotta take off or throw it away do it. Im telling you now the people who don't recruit Olines are going to think the settings are too hard, youre going to need protection. Run game is harder too but if you can find the holes youll be fine over the course of the game, first qtr you might get swarmed tho. Also youre going to NEED user catching, sometimes to prevent picks

On defense I toned down their blocking one notch and added our dline play back so the games overall should have more defense. What that means is in the past when I just make their defense crazy and ours suck, you get down early and have to keep forcing picks to stay in it, now you can afford to just throw it away on 3rd down and trust your defense to get a stop. Thats the goal anyway but even if these are as hard as I think we'll probably keep them all year. Expect games against good defenses to be tough.

U5 GAMES
2 OHIO ST vs Miami (OH)
15 UCLA vs 4 MICHIGAN
Florida Atlantic vs 23 MIAIMI
1 Georgia vs 25 SOUTH CAROLINA

READ THESE AGAIN BEFORE YOU PLAY!!!!!!!

4th and 1 inside the 50.. down in the 4th and inside the goalline are the exceptions
••• remember in game coaching adjustments are allowed, EXCEPT for the clock option

Update the AUTO SUBS to DEFAULT outside of the Dynasty

4th down rule
- 4th and 1 inside the 50
- down in the 4th OR down 21+ at any time is fair game from anywhere (up or tied is still 4th and 1, Overtime is fair game)
* keep it realistic

Reminder
- No runs to the empty side of an empty set

Allowed***

• KICK RETURNS in the front half of the endzone
• User Catches
• Running with QB (as long as it looks real)
• Hot Routes only to add a blocker
• In game coaching adjustments

Banned***
• 5 Wide
• Read Options
• Hot routes
• Pass plays cannot have 3 players running the same route (hail mary's ok)(posts and corners count as the same)
• No Shotgun Offset runs
Old 07-19-2020, 05:27 AM   #8
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

* JOKER AND BOOGIE - Im setting yals game for 11am cst.. If you CANT do it text me asap, but plan for that

* Settings kick in this week and I just left practice mode, Im going to allow the oline shifts this year because these cpu blitzes aint no joke

OLINE SHIFTS ARE ALLOWED

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »