Home

RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

This is a discussion on RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030 within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #9
MVP
 
Archsmith99's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
no pics or anything I got too busy

My take on the game (3 hours ago so its fuzzy) is it was real close all first half. Both teams played aggressive but calculated at the same time. Felt like Arch was feeling the pressure of possibly losing a game he won because we were way sharper this time around. Felt like I was feeling the pressure of knowing even tho the lag did most of the damage the first time I was still facing a team thats capable of running away with the game. Biggest plays in the first half were me getting a goalline interception and shifting the momentum a little bit up 7-3, me holding Arch to what I thought was a goalline stand but he took off scrambling in one second and scored on 3rd down, and Arch getting a fg before the half to make it 13-10 when we shouldve stopped him. The td irritated me bc of how quick he took off but I looked back at it and we got in quick since we were in goalline. Shouldve made the tackle but instead we rolled him into the endzone. Cant make excuses for plays like that when we play soft.

3rd qtr I call the perfect drive and we score in the first minute and get a 17-13 lead. Things still even. I dont remember what happened but both teams get scoreless drives. Arch has it on his 29 and thats when that 71 yd run happened. I was irritated bc 1 its an easy rule to follow but 2 I know how momentum works on this game and after that play everything changed. We dropped 4-5 picks after that and a huge pass deep in my territory that lead to a safety. Archs offense kept converting the 3rd downs we made plays on the first half. My RB got hurt too. I think he scored every drive after that play. Im not mad now but during the game I was heated because I just know this game too well. That momentum changes everything and we were on the road against a way better team, one of the goals was to not give up big plays for that reason and outside of that play we did. Arch was one point tho so Im not going to make excuses. Even without that play Im not 100% sure we stop him anyway because his playcalling with this team was on point both times.

I'll hold this L, better team did win I cant argue that. We got lucky beating SC last year so it was gone take a perfect game to do it this year. Gotta bounce back against UCLA and handle business against another team with way more talent.

GG Arch, I appreciate the replay. This one was another good game and good execution on your part. The play that pissed me off more than anything was the TE drop down 6 before the safety. Thats when I knew it was over smh. Boys choked.

Sorry about that run. I wanted to run a different looking formation, because this air raid pb literally has a bunch of formations that look exactly the same and I forgot about the no runs to the empty side rule. Honest mistake on my part. Just some things I noticed this time around. Your dline was getting crazy pressure almost all game. That's why i had so many throw away passes. On that Qb td run, it was either take off and run or get sacked. Your guys got in there that fast. 3rd quarter was laggy for me, idk if it was for you. Thought we couldn't call a hb screen then throw to another target? We had your screens locked down until you did that, because i stopped running over to the screen. At least that use to be a rule. Both teams had dropped picks and passes. Your dline really stopped any big plays from me tbh. I cooked up a few dots but didn't have time for them happen. GG.

Last edited by Archsmith99; 09-18-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Archsmith99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:37 PM   #10
MVP
 
JEJunior's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,527
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
Sorry about that run. I wanted to run a different looking formation, because this air raid pb literally has a bunch of formations that look exactly the same and I forgot about the no runs to the empty side rule. Honest mistake on my part. Just some things I noticed this time around. Your dline was getting crazy pressure almost all game. That's why i had so many throw away passes. On that Qb td run, it was either take off and run or get sacked. Your guys got in there that fast. 3rd quarter was laggy for me, idk if it was for you. Thought we couldn't call a hb screen then throw to another target? We had your screens locked down until you did that, because i stopped running over to the screen. At least that use to be a rule. Both teams had dropped picks and passes. Your dline really stopped any big plays from me tbh. I cooked up a few dots but didn't have time for them happen. GG.

you good as long as you know now.. if it wasnt a rule I wouldve stopped it tho, I sent me people the opposite way knowing you couldnt run that direction lol it is what it is.. that QB run we deflee got in there quick af, I went back to see what happened and it was a legit escape, Breezy cant recruit thats on him smh

That HB screen rule was in Hogans league I think, all my leagues have been built around QB pressure so its hard to throw anywhere else any way.. I called that screen specifically to go at you and make you hesitate lol all design.. I dont think you had as many sure picks as we did, that momentum never got back on our side and my guys usually catch those.. we're actually a good turnover forcing team

all good tho we werent supposed to win anyway thats why Im not as mad.. score wouldve been closer maybe but thats about it
JEJunior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #11
MVP
 
Archsmith99's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
you good as long as you know now.. if it wasnt a rule I wouldve stopped it tho, I sent me people the opposite way knowing you couldnt run that direction lol it is what it is.. that QB run we deflee got in there quick af, I went back to see what happened and it was a legit escape, Breezy cant recruit thats on him smh

That HB screen rule was in Hogans league I think, all my leagues have been built around QB pressure so its hard to throw anywhere else any way.. I called that screen specifically to go at you and make you hesitate lol all design.. I dont think you had as many sure picks as we did, that momentum never got back on our side and my guys usually catch those.. we're actually a good turnover forcing team

all good tho we werent supposed to win anyway thats why Im not as mad.. score wouldve been closer maybe but thats about it
I thought the screen rule was in this league or use to be.. Guess i got a new play to run now lol. I know the no running to the empty side rule use to be different. You use do it to the short side of the field, if i remember correctly.
Archsmith99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 01:08 PM   #12
MVP
 
JEJunior's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,527
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
I thought the screen rule was in this league or use to be.. Guess i got a new play to run now lol. I know the no running to the empty side rule use to be different. You use do it to the short side of the field, if i remember correctly.

I dont think we ever even talked about screens in this league, could be wrong but it goes with most things as far as keeping it sim.. I know in Supporters people would drop back 10 yards and bomb it, I tried to use mine like a miss direction, dude just ran a simple in route and I threw it quick.. didnt feel cheesy to me personally, you'd probably have to see the replay like I did when you ran.. we can add it if you think it needs to be added tho, I just know some rules were a direct result of easy settings like the rule where you had to fall out of bounds or dive at the 2 yard like if you were up by 40 lol.. anything that needs to be in Im good with

weakside run rule lasted a week or 2 and I changed it right back
JEJunior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #13
MVP
 
Archsmith99's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
I dont think we ever even talked about screens in this league, could be wrong but it goes with most things as far as keeping it sim.. I know in Supporters people would drop back 10 yards and bomb it, I tried to use mine like a miss direction, dude just ran a simple in route and I threw it quick.. didnt feel cheesy to me personally, you'd probably have to see the replay like I did when you ran.. we can add it if you think it needs to be added tho, I just know some rules were a direct result of easy settings like the rule where you had to fall out of bounds or dive at the 2 yard like if you were up by 40 lol.. anything that needs to be in Im good with

weakside run rule lasted a week or 2 and I changed it right back
Nah, its not cheesy.. Like I said, now i have a new play to run. There' was reason why i've never called a hb screen in any of our user games before, i thought we HAD to throw it to the hb.
Archsmith99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #14
MVP
 
JEJunior's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,527
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
Nah, its not cheesy.. Like I said, now i have a new play to run. There' was reason why i've never called a hb screen in any of our user games before, i thought we HAD to throw it to the hb.

lol well you saying that like its a cheesy play whether it is or not if you feel like a play is in the gray area dont run it.. every rule I have is to keep everything that people use to take advantage of the AI out, but its a sim league first so go by what you know first.. theres things I dont have a rule about that I still wont do bc if it even feels cheesy or if I were to break a rule I would feel like I cheated my way to a win.. Im saying all that in general not just about this
JEJunior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #15
MVP
 
JEJunior's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,527
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

23 MIAMI vs 17 UCLA

Not much to tell.. UCLA started well, but the lack of football IQ shows up heavy on these settings.. you have to know football and timing and coverages and all that to have a chance on these and my bro never learned all that and wont let me explain it so its really no chance at all.. I had 2 user picks in man coverage because he was watching me instead of making the right read on the play, usually that works but not on these.. GG tho, gone be another tough year for UCLA these settings are just built for coaches not players



JEJunior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #16
MVP
 
Archsmith99's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

1st half we picked off Tennessees Qb 4 times but we had 3 turnovers of our own. 2 were picks, were I threw the pass too soon and the 3rd was a fumble by my Rb that Tennessee returned for a td. Halftime score was 28-14. 2nd half, not much happened on Tennessees part outside of a td drive. Back ups came in pretty early in the 4th. Overall the game was over pretty quick and outside of Tennessees Rb going beast mode a lot, the defense played well. We gotta be sharper on offense next week against Georgia tho. LSU beats Tennessee 49-21.
Archsmith99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Top -