Home

Old 12-02-2014, 01:14 AM   #65
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Year 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaosDTX
Miami, assuming that we advance today, do you want to get our game in tonight or Wednesday?
we dont play until week 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #66
Rookie

MauricXe's Arena

That should be fun to watch

Sent from my LG-G3
Old 12-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #67
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Miami is back!!

The Canes opened the season in Sun Life Stadium taking on the 16th ranked Michigan Spatans. Miami has been eager to get back on track since the loss in the ACC Championship and wanted to prove to the country, as well as themselves, that they were not the same team from a year ago. Miami lost only 7 starters from last year and they believe that this may be the year that the city of Miami has been waiting for.
The gameplan for Miami early in the game was to establish the run with Heisman candidate John Hunt. The run game was slow for most of the first half but early interceptions by the defense gave Miami a chance to settle in. Miami put up 21 points in the 2nd quarter alone after being tied 7-7 in the first quarter.
The 3rd quarter didnt see as many points for the Canes but adjustments by Coach Al Golden, along with the momentum from the team, allowed Miami to put together a solid quarter on both sides of the ball. Hunt got going in the 3rd quarter as he rushed for a career high 147 yards with 105 of those in just the 3rd quarter.
The passing game took a back seat for most of the game but saw clutch plays throughout the game. The biggest was a deep pass that was underthrown to Sr WR Shelton Godfrey who snatched a pass between 2 Spartan defenders. The Canes defense dominated from the start including an interception returned for a td by Sr MLB Brian Adams. 5 sacks and 3 interceptions kept the Spartan passing game in check.
Miami returns to action next week in a conference matchup against Louisville.

Last edited by JEJunior; 12-02-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker12
#1 Washington @ #4 Michigan

The Big House was louder than it has been in a long time as The #4 Michigan Wolverines hosted the #1 Washington Huskies. Michigan looking to make it back to the National Championship after losing it to Alabama. Washington looking to make it back after a early season loss to Alabama. Two High Caliber teams and two strong defenses face off.

The game started off with a Washington Kickoff that went out of bounds. The firts play from the Line of scrimmage was a 20 yard run down the middle by John Mobley. A couple other decent runs gave the Wolverines another first down as they slowly but surely moved down the field. getting within fieldgoal range the Wolverines were looking to score a Fieldgoal would not do for the start of the game. A little over 5 minutes in the 1st The Huskies defense stood tall as they sacked Freshman QB Scott Madison for a big loss on 2nd down. The Wolverines now would be happy with a FG as The wolverines got a bit closer and Joe Booth was able to Nail a 53 yard field goal. Was it a win for the Offense or the Defense though as both teams seemed pretty content with the outcome. Washington got the ball and moved down the field swiftly RB Derrick Oliver found himself punching it in through the Michigan D-Line for a 3 yard TD to give the huskies the lead. Michigan with the ball back tried to move down the field but were stopped by when Madison threw an INT down the middle. They seemed to deflate a bit until the offense stood their ground only allowing a 42 yard fieldgoal by Washingtons kicker Lawrence Duckett.

Now down by 7 points the Wolverines knew that they could not let this get out of control. Everyone had flashbacks after that first pick from the Rose Bowl game in 2018 when then QB Jordan Pollard threw 5 INT's. But that was not the case this time around. The Wolverines tried to move the ball and were a little succesfull but still could not get anything. They were forced to punt to the Huskies giving the ball back to them on their 20. The Wolverines D had no intention of letting the Huskies do anything with their strong defensive showing though as they quickly picked off Huskies QB Charlie Russell and give the Wolverines perfect positioning to score and tie the game. And score they did as Madison found True Freshman Brian Lawrence on a screen pass with perfect blocking for a 23 yard TD. The game was tied and the wolverines sideline and stadium were going crazy as they avoided letting Washington pull away. As the clock was winding down and Michigan thought they were going to hold off Washington from scoring in going into the half Russell found Mark Bradley in the endzone to give the Huskies the lead. But The Wolverines would NOT go into the half down and give Washington the ball back. 2 Failed plays left the Wolverines on 3rd down with 3 seconds to go. Madison hit John Mobley on a beautiful screen pass as the Huskies defense was defending deep. Blocks were set up beautifully and Mobley was running down the sideline and the only defender near him was behind him and losing ground. IT was a TD the Wolverines were going to tie it up before the half. The stadium was going crazy, the sidelines, the Coach was jumping up and down in excitement as Mobley ran down the field for the, defender to trip him up by a shoelace (video). The crowd went dead as the half ended with Michigan down 17-10

The 3rd quarter opened up with the Huskies moving down the field slowly. 3rd down would come up and the Huskies converted it seemed like they were no longer capable of stopping them anymore. Was it from the play ending the half? who knew but they needed to get out of that slump. Washington was able to score on a 4 yard flag route to Brian Evans giving the huskies a 14 point lead. Again though the Michigan offense could not do anything and had to punt the ball away sending it from their endzone to Washingtons. A strong defense with a weak showing again until they finally lit a fire under them with a big sack avoiding letting the Huskies score a TD again and holding them to a 45 yard fieldgoal.

4TH QUARTER!! Down 27-10 this was it, Michigan needed a score to get anywhere near range of tying this game or winning it. But the Huskies had the ball and the clock was going down. The Huskies moved down the field before getting picked off by LB J. Barnes. 1st down on their own 31 Madison checked to Jr Receiver Reggie Calhoun to go on a streak and Calhoun left the defender that was pressing leaving him wide open for a 69 yard TD(video) connection putting the Wolverines within 10. Michigan kicked the ball off giving it back to Washington with 5:24 left on the clock. 2 timeouts left they would have to stop them quickly and score to have a fighting chance to take this game. But the Washington Offense prove to be to much as they moved downfield slowly draining the clock. Then Charlie Russel converted a long 3rd down with a 21 yard rush killing the Wolverines hope even more. Unable to stop them until they got within fieldgoal range Washington had to settle for 3 giving them a 13 point lead with 1:33 left in the game. With a very quick score Michigan could have a chance to win this game. A big play by S. Madison put them within scoring range but the clock was winding down and they had to save their timeouts. with 50 seconds left their chances were even slimmer as Madison launched the ball to the endzone but it ended up being Picked off and kneeled in the endzone there fore ending the drive and the Wolverines chances of winning.

Losing to the #1 team Michigan probably wont drop far but it does damage their NC hopes. But being in the strongest conference and at the current time having only 3 unranked opponents the Wolverines could easily make it back in by winning out and winning their conference title.

This game was amazing, defense was the key here. A lot of the yards came from big plays. there was a few times he was able to hit his receivers on fairly long passes as they slipped a little bit past my CB. Then sometimes it would seem like my guys were going in slow motion when a CB would come and hit my RB right after he would get the hand off, a few of my handoffs seemed really slow though weird. That TD that got stopped at the end of the half really ended the game because that put me just out of reach with him getting the ball at the half.

Awesome game Palsy, Defense really showed up. My defense did a lot better than I thought they were going to. But they are showing a lot of promise for the season. Your run defense was like a damn Brick wall. Your Linebackers have great awareness and recognition since they would fill the whole almost instantly.

few stats (michigan on top/ washington bottom player)

Madison 12/22 213 2TD 2INT

Russell 19/27 271 2TD 2INT

Mobley 9R 42Yards

Oliver 15R 55Yards

Calhoun 1rec 69yards 1td

Bradley 8rec 129yards 1td

Barnes 8Tackles 2INT

Keyes 6Tackles 1Sack 1INT

I was in controller breaking mode on both screen passes. I read both plays right and called straight man, no blitz. Both times they were completed for big gains. On the one that ended the half, my thumb slipped off the stick for a second so I had to take a funky angle. I hit the dive button on a prayer. I thought the defender was too far away.

Saturday Night Lights Washington State University
Old 12-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #69
MVP

Joker12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalsypunch
I was in controller breaking mode on both screen passes. I read both plays right and called straight man, no blitz. Both times they were completed for big gains. On the one that ended the half, my thumb slipped off the stick for a second so I had to take a funky angle. I hit the dive button on a prayer. I thought the defender was too far away.
The halftime screen was only so big because you had your guys far back. The other was just great blocking by my line and receivers.

I KNEW the defender was to far away lol. I KNEW I was scoring. I was glad that we were going to the half tied. And then that happened it was very depressing lol
Old 12-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker12
The halftime screen was only so big because you had your guys far back. The other was just great blocking by my line and receivers.

I KNEW the defender was to far away lol. I KNEW I was scoring. I was glad that we were going to the half tied. And then that happened it was very depressing lol

I would actually call it the opposite of depressing.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #71
MVP

Joker12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalsypunch
I would actually call it the opposite of depressing.
Lol I'm sure you would. That was what let you get enough of a lead after the half to keep a L at bay.

I don't know about you but I think that play was a big deciding factor in the outcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #72
MVP

It definitely was huge. Keeping the 7 point lead and getting the ball 3rd quarter and scoring gave me a 14 point cushion. That let me run the ball and use clock, and put you in passing situations which allowed my DE Williams to tee off on your qb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Supporter's NCAA »