Home

If anyone plays ASB 05 post comments, questions, or what-nots in here!

This is a discussion on If anyone plays ASB 05 post comments, questions, or what-nots in here! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
If anyone plays ASB 05 post comments, questions, or what-nots in here!

I am still playing ASB 05. Its by far the most well rounded baseball game that I have played.

I am the Cards and am in the 2nd year of the franchise mode. (I play nearly every game). I am about 4 days away from the all-star break and currently trail the Astros by 1 game in the central and the Braves by 3 games for the wildcard.

In my first year the Royals beat the Astros 4 games to none in the world series. Pretty amazing. Here is my everyday lineup:

C - Matheny (to heck with the Giants I need him)
1B - Pujols (NL MVP last year)
2B - Vidro (traded pitching prospect and Anderson to obtain)
SS - Renteria (signed him to long term contract before end of last yr)
3B - Rolen (missed end of last year and start of this year with injury)
LF - Robinson (best number 7 hitter in league)
CF - Edmonds (currently on trading block)
RF - Sanders ( trying to figure out what to do)

Rotation
1 - Matt Morris
2 - Carpenter
3 - Stephenson
4 - Marquis
5 - Journell (came on strong last year)

If you are still playing this title, post whats going on in your franchise.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: If anyone plays ASB 05 post comments, questions, or what-nots in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am still playing ASB 05. Its by far the most well rounded baseball game that I have played.

I am the Cards and am in the 2nd year of the franchise mode. (I play nearly every game). I am about 4 days away from the all-star break and currently trail the Astros by 1 game in the central and the Braves by 3 games for the wildcard.

In my first year the Royals beat the Astros 4 games to none in the world series. Pretty amazing. Here is my everyday lineup:

Rotation
1 - Matt Morris
2 - Carpenter
3 - Stephenson
4 - Marquis

Countryboy,
I agree. ASB 05 is my fav baseball title of all time. I posted last week in the Dynasty section about my first completed season, including the stats, standings, etc. I am still in the offseason, and I am not sure when I will get back into it as work is pretty crazy right now. I lost to the Mets in a one game playoff for the NL East crown. Time to reload and reclaim it...
Old 04-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

OK, three quick things for comments (if you have any) from the other ASBers out there.

1. Isn't it sad that none of the other two titles have the expansion mode or even a rudimentary create a team? That is the one thing that would sell me on a newer game. A high level of customization is a must. It even seems like they are taking steps back in this area with less customization each year!

2. Anyone still playing ASB 04? If so, what do you like about it over ASB 05? I really liked 04 but not getting injuries during actual play was annoying. It was a good game and seemed better in some areas like better hit variety and better computer AI.

3. With MS having High Heat and the ability to make MLB games, why don't they make it but bring in what we loved from ASB--deep franchise, EXPANSION MODE, and all the other little cool things like announcers remarking on injuries or milestones--if they could do this, I would be in console baseball heaven. We need a new game!

I am playing as the Vancouver Big Thunder in Kydd Memorial Stadium with a starting line-up of C Koyie Hill, 1B Nick Johnson, 2B Ray Durham, SS David Eckstein, 3B Sean Buroughs, LF Hideki Matsui, CF Ken Griffey Jr, RF Jason Tyner, and a rotation of El Duque, Aaron Harang, John Patterson, Nate Conejo, and Wes Obermueller. It is great!

Keith
Old 04-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

The 2nd to last year of All Star Baseball had some nasty franchise problems that the last year fixed. The biggest one I can think of off hand was the disappearing player bug. Looking at posts and hearing info of the newest baseball game on the market, I suspect I'll still be playing my Twins ASB franchise again this year, once my basketball-interest-surge due to the playoffs coming up, dies down a bit.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

Rotation
1 - Matt Morris
2 - Carpenter
3 - Stephenson
4 - Marquis

anybody know what the latest rosters you can find on max drive are and where they are?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
OK, three quick things for comments (if you have any) from the other ASBers out there.

1. Isn't it sad that none of the other two titles have the expansion mode or even a rudimentary create a team? That is the one thing that would sell me on a newer game. A high level of customization is a must. It even seems like they are taking steps back in this area with less customization each year!

2. Anyone still playing ASB 04? If so, what do you like about it over ASB 05? I really liked 04 but not getting injuries during actual play was annoying. It was a good game and seemed better in some areas like better hit variety and better computer AI.

3. With MS having High Heat and the ability to make MLB games, why don't they make it but bring in what we loved from ASB--deep franchise, EXPANSION MODE, and all the other little cool things like announcers remarking on injuries or milestones--if they could do this, I would be in console baseball heaven. We need a new game!

I am playing as the Vancouver Big Thunder in Kydd Memorial Stadium with a starting line-up of C Koyie Hill, 1B Nick Johnson, 2B Ray Durham, SS David Eckstein, 3B Sean Buroughs, LF Hideki Matsui, CF Ken Griffey Jr, RF Jason Tyner, and a rotation of El Duque, Aaron Harang, John Patterson, Nate Conejo, and Wes Obermueller. It is great!

Keith

I prefer '05 to '04 but thats my taste. I agree with all three of your requests/statements. Why microsoft doesnt' try and bring the HH series back is beyond me.

And you have a very strong lineup for an expansion team.

Old 04-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronut
anybody know what the latest rosters you can find on max drive are and where they are?

I wish i did. Sorry

Old 04-16-2006, 01:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I wish i did. Sorry
did some research and the latest rosters i could find were aug 04 on code junkies max drive community. loved the game but don't think I'm gonna attempt to do rosters. Thank I will play it for fun every now and then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »