Home

Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

This is a discussion on Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #145
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
Yea it's a shame really. This game is one of the best kept secrets in gaming. I feel like this forum is probably the majority of buyers. I never gave this game a second glance when it was released last year because of the graphics. If it were not for OS, I would have missed on on a gem of a game.
As well as last year's game sold in the end the Gamestop I grabbed mine from had a total of two copies. My reserved one (which they threw on the rack, ugh) and one other. I've played tons of baseball games going back to the NES and this is a very very good baseball game IMO. It's a shame it doesn't get more play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #146
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz
Isn't there an option in this year's version to adjust overall pitch speeds (i.e. bumping that up would make 80 mph pitches seem faster, meaning 100 mph pitches would seem waaay faster)? Wouldn't that make things easier or harder?
Yes, there is an option this year. I still have it on default, haven't tested it yet. 90+ mph fastballs are plenty fast enough for my reflexes on normal lol
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #147
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

I guess it sounds like I'll have to wake up early(not too early, just earlier than I usually do) tomorrow so I can try to get the ps2 game before somebody else at my gamestop since it seems like a lot of gamestops are only getting 2-3 copies...I hope no one in my area knows about the game
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #148
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I guess it sounds like I'll have to wake up early(not too early, just earlier than I usually do) tomorrow so I can try to get the ps2 game before somebody else at my gamestop since it seems like a lot of gamestops are only getting 2-3 copies...I hope no one in my area knows about the game
Good luck duke! I hope you are able to snag a copy.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #149
Pro

OVR: 4

I just picked up my copy at gamestop they got two I got the last one.

I figured it was pretty safe to grab it as the reports for arrange mode are coming in and look positive.

I'm probably going to check this thread though, tonight and tomorow before I open the sucker just to be on the safe side..lol.

Don't get me wrong I love the gameplay, but the long lasting appeal for me, is if I can play a season with as close as rosters as I can, so Arrange Mode is an important factor for me to be able to use and edit the teams to get them right before I start a season.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #150
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
I just picked up my copy at gamestop they got two I got the last one.

I figured it was pretty safe to grab it as the reports for arrange mode are coming in and look positive.

I'm probably going to check this thread though, tonight and tomorow before I open the sucker just to be on the safe side..lol.

Don't get me wrong I love the gameplay, but the long lasting appeal for me, is if I can play a season with as close as rosters as I can, so Arrange Mode is an important factor for me to be able to use and edit the teams to get them right before I start a season.
Put your worries to bed falcon, Arrange mode is unlocked from the start and you can use arrange teams in season mode.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #151
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

can you play as multiple teams in season mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #152
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Arrange mode definitely works out of the box. I used it to do the Teixiera for Kotchman trade and then started a season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »