Home

MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread

This is a discussion on MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but I have a CD Player and a Classical Music CD and a Rock CD. Every time I listen to the Classical Music CD my guy basically falls asleep. The Rock CD on the other hand always says he digs it. Eventually I believe my ratings will be reflected by the use of the Rock CD, but does this mean that the Classical Music CD is basically useless to me? (Just wondering because I will trash it for a new item since my house is close to full)

Thanks for any info.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #42
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

I am using Billy Dee (CF) Boston Red Sox prospect(created in success mode).
I got moved down to AAA, before the regular season started and since then have been tearing it up in AAA. Batting in the 400's (74 AB's) with 6HR and a couple stolen bases.

Since then (I was called up to the Red Sox), got a few pinch hits and am now batting 8th, in the DH slot. The coach acknowledged I would have a tough time starting in the OF, because he has Manny, Ellsbury and JD Drew.

Very addicting game, BTW

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #43
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

Re: Hobbies?/Accessories HELP!

Everytime I call a friend to do something, it gives me the option to invite them to do a hobby with me, but it only says "go to movies".

I have golf glubs, video games, darts, chess..

I want to call Papelbon and ask him to go play golf with me but it will only let us go the movies together...(I really feel weird going on a man-date with Papelbon)...

Also...I bought sunglasses, necklace..a suit...if it is in my bag, am I automatically "wearing those items", if I go out on a date while out of town?

If I am at home, and go out, how do I equip these items? (sunglasses, suit, necklace, etc.)

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 08-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #44
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but I have a CD Player and a Classical Music CD and a Rock CD. Every time I listen to the Classical Music CD my guy basically falls asleep. The Rock CD on the other hand always says he digs it. Eventually I believe my ratings will be reflected by the use of the Rock CD, but does this mean that the Classical Music CD is basically useless to me? (Just wondering because I will trash it for a new item since my house is close to full)

Thanks for any info.
I think it's random, if it effects you, or not..with the items useage..For example, I had my guy play his "RPG" video game and he said" I didn't advance to any new levels" and "I got tired"..and nothing happened..

I don't know...just wanted you to know I am kinda' stuck on these issues, also...

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 10

Man, you guys are making me really want to buy this game. I loved last years game and the new MLB the life mode sounds amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey all, first off this is easily the most fun I have had with console baseball since Baseball Stars for the NES!! I have a question I cant find an answer for....can you add or change positions to your created player in MLB Life mode? I am a LF for the Rockies and I dont want to take the place of Matt Holiday!! Thanks and cheers for replies!! Good luck!
-speef
Old 09-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

funny thing, among 2K's games, MLB 2K is the only one I've never tried, even when it went by World Series (the old reason was I never owned a Genesis; the current reason is the existence of MLB The Show). Yet I've played their other two baseball offerings, and had a lot of fun with The Bigs over the winter. But we aint here to ramble about the Show or the Bigs, Power Pro's on my mind.
I went to high school with Phillies prospect Jason Jaramillo, so for the hell of it I created him in success mode. only difference, it turned out, was I'd chosen the Rangers as his favorite team (dude used to wear a Rangers jacket all the time, as one of his brothers was in their system for a while) so instead of trying to overtake Ruiz in Philly, I've been DHing in Arlingotn for most of the year. I did somehow manage to stick with the big leaguers for opening day, but got demoted about two weeks later cus, as the immortal Lou Brown would say, I ran like Bream and hit like crap. the week i spent with the AAA team, bat started meeting ball, and good things happened, even a couple homers, so I got called back up before the end of the Red Sox series. At one point, I had a 15-game hit streak, and won Rooke of the Month for June, just before I fell into a slump in July. so now we're floundering around in third, chasing the M's and Halos.
Far as what goes on off the diamond, among the fellow Rangers I've friended are Milton Bradley, Gerald Laird, Mike DiFelice, Wes Littleton, Frank Francisco, a CF we drafted, and Billy Wagner (via trade). ah yeah, can't forget Oakley. as far as hobbies, I figured out I had him reading the wrong things earlier, he had trouble understanding the other books, but the baseball comic was doing the trick, so when I read, I figured the one he was comprehending was the one that would do the trick, and its small power boost helped that choice as well. Now, with culture at F, dude can understand the other books. I gotta say, I'm having a lot of fun with this game

Last edited by Discrimihater; 09-01-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #48
Sno
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon6 Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread

I picked this game up about 2 weeks ago. Ive always loved managing teams in any sports games ive every owned so naturaly ive fallen in love with this game and am addicted. Especially the MLB Life Mode.

I edited the yankees 2b man to be me and got started with the yanks. I did pretty well the first season with 50 homers and bout 100 RBIs and we went on to win the WS. I have to say the managment does a good job of improving the team heh. about half way thru the 1st season we traded AROD for J santana and hes been great for us. We also picked up Chipper Jones in the offseason. I got darryl as my agent and resigned, going from 450k to 2.5mil. Did bout the same stat wise in my 2nd season and we won the WS again. My current rotation includes Pettite, Mussina, J Santana, Wang, Sheets, and Pedro martinez. nah bad. My lineup :
J damon, D jeter, C. Jones, Me, Posada, Abreu, Cabrera, endsburg, Helms.

I held onto darryl as my agent and went from 2.5mil to 14.2mil at resign.

Ive got 2 questions. Someone earlier said you hafta wait till your sixth year to try free agency? Is this true in mlb life mode and if so can someone please ellaborate on how this works. Actually i just read and TeixeiraFanatic gave a pretty good explanation and my next question is how do you propose to a lady im goin steady with Evelyn. I saw TeixeiraFanatic said you were engaged could you lemme knowhow you did so. Thanks and GL to all

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »