Home

MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread

This is a discussion on MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread

Use this thread to share stories of how your MLB Life players are progressing through their careers. I have yet to really dive into this, but I'll write stuff up as I start playing it more in earnest.

Here's a random post from GAF to get things started:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1138
I dove into MLB Life mode to make Jay Bruce, started out the year in AAA and tore it up, was called up in mid-April, went 1/5 (all pinch hitting) got sent back down, continued to destroy AAA, got called back up, went 1-6 (pinch hitting again) and have been sent back down to AAA. The game seems to have modeled Dusty Baker's management style spot on, Corey Patterson is starting every game in CF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 - MLB Life thread

I started one with Joba Chamberlain and it's tough to get into it because starters gas so easily...I might restart as Mo.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Started my life out as the young and upcoming Willie Skipps, 2b for the Mets. I started out like a rocket in ST, but the time came when the coach told me I would be sent down.

I must have taken the news real bad, because in my first 3 games, I didn't get a hit at all - and I was sitting at 0-11 in my fourth game!
Then came the Phillies farm team, and I was determined to get back on track. Off Brett Myers, I crushed 2 HR's, and since then, I've not looked back. Through 14 games, I am hitting .352 with 2 HR's and 4 RBI's - as the manager has me hitting either 1st or second..

Just awaiting my call up!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Your stats and ratings go down too so if you dont do super well in that about 4 innings you last your stuff goes down...That's a bummer.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

I created my own player as a slugging first baseman for the rangers started in mlb and earned my spot as a starter and never looked back i just finished the season batting .319 29 hr 119 rbi
We lost in the first round of the playoffs to the yankees who ended up in the world series against the mets haha. can't remember who won though. I played all but the last 4 games of the season.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
I created my own player as a slugging first baseman for the rangers started in mlb and earned my spot as a starter and never looked back i just finished the season batting .319 29 hr 119 rbi
We lost in the first round of the playoffs to the yankees who ended up in the world series against the mets haha. can't remember who won though. I played all but the last 4 games of the season.
Did you win any rookie awards?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

They announce rookie awards after the playoffs and i haven't been playing since my last post.
I have been playing the madden demo for the past half hour.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 07-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

I got 2 hits in each Spring Training game and so made the MLB roster for the Cubs as a CF.

I've started about a third of the games, and am hitting just over .400 with 13 stolen bases through about 30 games. What's frustrating is that my "friend" is the starting CF even though he's hitting in the low .200's. Was named ROM for April.

Great mode. EA could learn a lot from MLBPP on how to develop an immersive franchise/dynasty mode...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »