Home

The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

This is a discussion on The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #33
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp71284
I really don't want The Show to add a few features, but in the same time losing its core qualities.
I read that a lot from Show supporters. I'm not sure why everyone is so scared that adding analog controls as an option would somehow ruin other parts of the game. They are completely independent imo.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 42
I didn't even know that a MLB Grudge Match existed between these two games.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:38 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12

I'd love to see MLB 11 have a hitting method like Pro Baseball Spirits has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm a little confused. Both reviewers seem to prefer the hitting AND pitching of 2K (which are the fundamental aspects of baseball, and any baseball game IMO), but end up siding with The Show. Do the atmosphere and visuals of The Show really make up for what seems to be slightly worse gameplay?
I have only played The Show. Love it, but definitely see the shortcomings (agree with the batting camera angle issue). Should I try 2K?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #37
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

2k10
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #38
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyfatman
I'm a little confused. Both reviewers seem to prefer the hitting AND pitching of 2K (which are the fundamental aspects of baseball, and any baseball game IMO), but end up siding with The Show. Do the atmosphere and visuals of The Show really make up for what seems to be slightly worse gameplay?
I have only played The Show. Love it, but definitely see the shortcomings (agree with the batting camera angle issue). Should I try 2K?
The games are different. They have a different feel. The Show is a lot more polished and the AI is better. It's just some of the options and gameplay elements of 2K10 make the game fun. That might work for you. If you love the Show then I would say rent 2K10 just to check it out. 2K10 is not for everyone.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 1
Trying to compare MLB2k with the show is like comparing a Civic to a Porsche. Yes they are both cars but there is just no comparison. Same here. 2k is the single A eqivalent to the shows major league.

All you Xbox fanboys, since you are the only ones buying this garbage, ask yourself one question. If the show were available on the xbox which game would you buy..........................NUFF SAID.

Its sad that you fanboys are so desparate for a baseball game that you would buy 2k's garbage and even more sad that you are buying it again after the debacle in 2k9.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daley7199
All you Xbox fanboys, since you are the only ones buying this garbage, ask yourself one question. If the show were available on the xbox which game would you buy..........................NUFF SAID.
I chose MLB 2K10 over the Show 10 this year on my PS3. Respect other people's opinions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »