Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
Closer
 
bkrich83's Arena
 
OVR: 64
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 70,046
Blog Entries: 124
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
The solitaire "Series" have been in the Online version well before multi-player draft leagues and right at launch Brian so the solitaire component has been there - just not full season replays yet.

The game scheduler was built expressly to provide flexibilty for people to be involved in leagues who travel schedules and have busy schedules. That was a big point of emphasis. Anyone regardless of how busy they are can be involved in a multi-player league. The MLB blog describes how it works:
http://dynastyleaguebaseball.mlblogs...new-scheduler/
The solitaire series could even meet my needs. However I can't set the opponent starting pitcher ahead of time so every series I basically face the #1, #2 , #3 pitchers. I can't make adustments to do my own replay.

My understanding is the standard CPU game is no longer supported either so for me, there's really no way to do my normal single player replay using any of your products besides the board game.

As far as the scheduler for online leagues. Not sure how that helps when I may have time to play 1 or 2 games in a 2 or 3 week period, etc. It's just not feasible for me. I just don't think you guys seem to grasp that, nor do online leagues appeal to me.

At the end of the day, I don't think you get my disappointment or point of view. I'll simply choose another product until the time comes that you can meet my expectations/gaming needs.
bkrich83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2010
Series are set up to compete vs. the computer manager in a World Series or LCS not a string of series in a season replay. Once solitaire season replays the the pitching rotations will be set up for a season.

If you only have time for let's say one game a week you still could play that game live or vs. the opponent's computer manager. Then you could have the other games managed by your computer manager profile. If you have tried a DYNASTY League Baseball Online league and didn't like it that is one thing, but the experience is unlike any other Online league sim because of the real time aspect - it makes it very easy to be in an Online league.

I get your disappointment in wanting solitaire season replays, but the primary vision of the Online game was to do something revolutionary in terms of making real time multi-player draft leagues a reality.

Every other Baseball sim is obsolete in terms of Online multi-player leagues because they were designed as solitaire games and require you to export and import files from every league member just to see updated stats, standings and leaders. DYNASTY League Baseball Online's server based environment totally eliminated the hassle of importing and exporting stats to a central commissioner - everything is done for you. As a Commissioner of my league is makes it just so so easy and for our league members as well.

We know there are DYNASTY fans out there who only want to play solitaire season replays and like you said you can still do that with the board version. Solitaire season replays for DYNASTY League Baseball Online will come, but there won't be anything groundbreaking about it other than being able to enjoy the depth and realism of DYNASTY League Baseball.
MikeCieslinski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #11
Closer
 
bkrich83's Arena
 
OVR: 64
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 70,046
Blog Entries: 124
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
Series are set up to compete vs. the computer manager in a World Series or LCS not a string of series in a season replay. Once solitaire season replays the the pitching rotations will be set up for a season.

If you only have time for let's say one game a week you still could play that game live or vs. the opponent's computer manager. Then you could have the other games managed by your computer manager profile. If you have tried a DYNASTY League Baseball Online league and didn't like it that is one thing, but the experience is unlike any other Online league sim because of the real time aspect - it makes it very easy to be in an Online league.

I get your disappointment in wanting solitaire season replays, but the primary vision of the Online game was to do something revolutionary in terms of making real time multi-player draft leagues a reality.

Every other Baseball sim is obsolete in terms of Online multi-player leagues because they were designed as solitaire games and require you to export and import files from every league member just to see updated stats, standings and leaders. DYNASTY League Baseball Online's server based environment totally eliminated the hassle of importing and exporting stats to a central commissioner - everything is done for you. As a Commissioner of my league is makes it just so so easy and for our league members as well.

We know there are DYNASTY fans out there who only want to play solitaire season replays and like you said you can still do that with the board version. Solitaire season replays for DYNASTY League Baseball Online will come, but there won't be anything groundbreaking about it other than being able to enjoy the depth and realism of DYNASTY League Baseball.
I get that Mike. Truly I do. Which is exactly why I said it just doesn't meet my needs right now.

I guess my frustration is two fold. 1. You went this online direction (which I understand) but you left players like me out, of what it truly an outstanding replication of the original game. And 2. in doing so, you basically stopped supporting the PC version of the game. So in essence outside of the board game, there's no way for me to play.

The game itself and being able to play in a browser no matter where it is, with access to all the seasons is ground breaking enough for someone like me. Online leagues don't interest me at all.

I know you said last year solitaire replays were coming, but there doesn't seem to have been much movement on that front and it's never mentioned when you post updates about the game, so I just wanted to voice my opinion in hopes you'd realize there are a lot of us out here who are in my shoes.

Luckily there are now several outstanding games to play that meet my needs.
bkrich83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2010
What you said about several outstanding games for solitaire season replays is exactly why we didn't want the primary focus of new product development going down a path that has already been done before.

As far as the old Windows PC version it was really forced obsolescence. As a 16 bit application there was no way it would run on the new Windows 7 and 8 OS. The entire DYNASTY League Baseball game was rebuilt in a new state of the art Online development cross platform environment with a brand new interface for Window and Apple Mac. If we just wanted to develop another solitaire season replay game like all the others that are out there we would have developed it as a stand alone game and not as a server based Online game.

Having said all that, I was adamant in our development meetings that we also have a solitaire play format with our entire season library included so that is why that format appeared right from the start as "Series".

As far as movement towards solitaire season replay format there has been quite a bit of movement from the aspect of getting multi-player private draft leagues launched last spring. As we complete the new live draft room and public draft leagues that clears the deck to get to solitaire season replays.

Great to hear how much you appreciate the depth and realism of DYNASTY League Baseball Brian!
MikeCieslinski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #13
Closer
 
bkrich83's Arena
 
OVR: 64
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 70,046
Blog Entries: 124
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
What you said about several outstanding games for solitaire season replays is exactly why we didn't want the primary focus of new product development going down a path that has already been done before.

As far as the old Windows PC version it was really forced obsolescence. As a 16 bit application there was no way it would run on the new Windows 7 and 8 OS. The entire DYNASTY League Baseball game was rebuilt in a new state of the art Online development cross platform environment with a brand new interface for Window and Apple Mac. If we just wanted to develop another solitaire season replay game like all the others that are out there we would have developed it as a stand alone game and not as a server based Online game.

Having said all that, I was adamant in our development meetings that we also have a solitaire play format with our entire season library included so that is why that format appeared right from the start as "Series".

As far as movement towards solitaire season replay format there has been quite a bit of movement from the aspect of getting multi-player private draft leagues launched last spring. As we complete the new live draft room and public draft leagues that clears the deck to get to solitaire season replays.

Great to hear how much you appreciate the depth and realism of DYNASTY League Baseball Brian!
Thanks for the heads up Mike. Maybe when it starts to take shape maybe you can post some updates when it comes to single user replay? Heck it you would allow me to set the CPU lineup and starting pitcher, I'd be good to go at this point.

I do enjoy the game. Truly my favorite game for replays due to the depth. Like I said, I've been playing the different iterations of it since the beginning of the PTP days, both board and CPU. I think that's where my frustration lies. It's simply no longer an option and as a long time customer that stings a little bit. If you know what I mean.
bkrich83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
MVP
 
choadler's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,998
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Have you played PC Replay? Absolutely love the game and there's some great mods out there for it (Stadia, Player pics, logos, etc. )
My first choice was dynasty, but no single player. My 2nd choice was pc replay, but lack of seasons kept me from going that route. Strat was third and though it is pricey and the interface is outdated. It is awesome.

Dynasty goes single player with the game system and all of the seasons then I am in.
choadler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Closer
 
bkrich83's Arena
 
OVR: 64
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 70,046
Blog Entries: 124
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
My first choice was dynasty, but no single player. My 2nd choice was pc replay, but lack of seasons kept me from going that route. Strat was third and though it is pricey and the interface is outdated. It is awesome.

Dynasty goes single player with the game system and all of the seasons then I am in.
Yeah that's the downside to Replay lack of seasons. It's a great game, and the pace is great.

I agree, soon as Dynasty gives me single user replay and access to all their seasons, I am in.
bkrich83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #16
Pro
 
budsticky's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Aug 2007
Count me as another that's been waiting since the online version went live for the ability to do single season solo replays. I understand it's not the focus, but it's what I want for my needs...so until it happens I won't be on board. Love the game though...lots of memories of Pursue the Pennant with the great box that doubled as a stadium with backdrops for all the parks.
budsticky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Top -